Homemade Brown Sugar Scrub

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I found a recipe here on MuT for a brown sugar scrub. I mixed it up, and used it last night... DIVINE!

Since it's oil-based, your skin is left nice and silky smooth... Only bad side = slippery shower! But, it's definitely worth trying out! I'd just prefer if it was cream-based, so I'll find myself a recipe for that too!

1 1/2 cup brown sugar

1/2 cup olive oil

1/4 TSP vanilla extract

Pack brown sugar into bowl. Pour olive oil over brown sugar, and mix to form paste. Add vanilla extract (optional for scent - didn't do much IMHO), and mix well. Keep refrigerated.

Originally Posted by Aquilah /img/forum/go_quote.gif I found a recipe here on MuT for a brown sugar scrub. I mixed it up, and used it last night... DIVINE!
Since it's oil-based, your skin is left nice and silky smooth... Only bad side = slippery shower! But, it's definitely worth trying out! I'd just prefer if it was cream-based, so I'll find myself a recipe for that too!

1 1/2 cup brown sugar

1/2 cup olive oil

1/4 TSP vanilla extract

Pack brown sugar into bowl. Pour olive oil over brown sugar, and mix to form paste. Add vanilla extract (optional for scent - didn't do much IMHO), and mix well. Keep refrigerated.

Oooh it sounds so simple. Do you think it would matter what type of sugar was used?

Well, I'm not too sure... I've seen other recipes using just white sugar, or both. I'm gonna check and see about getting some things for a different scrub I wanna make. I need aloe vera gel for it LOL!

I can say it's very moisturizing! I attribute that to the EVOO I used. And I put Curel on afterwards. So silky smooth! And, no itching yet from dry skin! YAY!

I am going to try it! Do you have a link that has other skin care recipes?

i agree the shower is a bit greasy (but less than the day i try a honey bath-arg !
rotfl.gif
) but it's the best scrub i've tried for my body, not mentioning sugar and oil are stuff you always have in your kitchen. usually i mix olive and coconut oils.

Originally Posted by AngelaGM /img/forum/go_quote.gif I am going to try it! Do you have a link that has other skin care recipes? If you Google "homemade body scrub recipes," you'll get a boatload of sites. A lot of them have the same recipes, but some have others. I don't even know where I saved all the links to LOL!

Thanks for sharing. I love sugar scrubs, and this would be heaps cheaper than buying them. Plus, I suppose I could put in an essential oil to make it smell good too. I'm gonna try it.

I make something like this time to time... I mix white and brown sugar and sometimes I add some dry coffee
wink.gif

If you add in a bit of shampoo, shower gel or liquid soap and give it a good mix, it cuts down on the slippage!!

Originally Posted by SalJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif If you add in a bit of shampoo, shower gel or liquid soap and give it a good mix, it cuts down on the slippage!! Yeah, I've been squirting a body wash I don't like all over the mat before I get out, and rinsing it off LOL! Luckily, John's the only one who gets in the shower behind me (kids are already in bed), and he knows what to expect LMAO!

Latest posts

Back