Hooray for MOD Cosmetics

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I FINALLY received my MOD Cosmetics order yesterday, and I stared playing with the colors today. I bought the i17 and i21 5 pan palettes, which are shades of pink and purple. So pretty!! I'll take some pictures tonight. This stuff is MAC. It came in the same box that MAC stuff comes in except without the MAC name. Unfortunately I don't like MAC eyeshadows so much because they fade so quickly on me. These eyeshadows do too, but at least they were a fraction of the price of the eyeshadows with the MAC name on the box. Time to start using the eyeshadow primer regularly!

They don't stay long on you?? Then you should definitely try a primer and a base... because the ones I have stay on all day. Plus the colors are really vibrant, so you don't have to pack it on to get a dramatic look
wink.gif

Originally Posted by suzukigrrl I FINALLY received my MOD Cosmetics order yesterday, and I stared playing with the colors today. I bought the i17 and i21 5 pan palettes, which are shades of pink and purple. So pretty!! I'll take some pictures tonight. This stuff is MAC. It came in the same box that MAC stuff comes in except without the MAC name. Unfortunately I don't like MAC eyeshadows so much because they fade so quickly on me. These eyeshadows do too, but at least they were a fraction of the price of the eyeshadows with the MAC name on the box. Time to start using the eyeshadow primer regularly! Hmmmm, I forgot about MOD...I think I ordered around the same time you did and I still haven't gotten it. Hopefully I'll get it this week. I'll be really bummed if the colors aren't true and if they don't last. DId you only get shadows? Cuz I think I ordered glosses too, I wonder how those are???

Awesome! I was thinking about ordering i21 and i29 (purples, pinks, and peaches) and maybe a gloss or two ... if they take this long to ship then maybe I ought to order them soon!
wink.gif

This stuff IS MAC. It is made by the same manufacturer, and comes in the same packaging, but just without the MAC name stamped on it. MAC shadows for whatever reason just don't work on me. I guess that if MAC shadows work well for you this stuff shouldn't be a problem. I can get Humid to work, but I think that's because it is a different texture from the rest of my MAC shadows. I just hate having to buy another product to make my eyeshadows work, but I do have an eyeshadow primer so I should put it to use! The company is in Canada, so if you're outside of Canada you get the international shipping. I think it took a month for my order to get here. Pics in just a second! I'll put them in the picture gallery.

Originally Posted by suzukigrrl This stuff IS MAC. It is made by the same manufacturer, and comes in the same packaging, but just without the MAC name stamped on it. MAC shadows for whatever reason just don't work on me. I guess that if MAC shadows work well for you this stuff shouldn't be a problem. I can get Humid to work, but I think that's because it is a different texture from the rest of my MAC shadows. I just hate having to buy another product to make my eyeshadows work, but I do have an eyeshadow primer so I should put it to use! The company is in Canada, so if you're outside of Canada you get the international shipping. I think it took a month for my order to get here. Pics in just a second! I'll put them in the picture gallery. what are the textures of your mac shadows? i don't like satins, mattes, or lustres
icon_mad.gif

Originally Posted by Liz what are the textures of your mac shadows? i don't like satins, mattes, or lustres
icon_mad.gif
All of them were matte I believe, except for Humid. I've swapped away all of them except for Sprout, Humid and Rule. It makes me so sad because MAC has such pretty eyeshadows. At least with MOD I can get 5 eyeshadows for 10 bucks rather than spending $13 for one MAC pan.

Originally Posted by suzukigrrl All of them were matte I believe, except for Humid. I've swapped away all of them except for Sprout, Humid and Rule. It makes me so sad because MAC has such pretty eyeshadows. At least with MOD I can get 5 eyeshadows for 10 bucks rather than spending $13 for one MAC pan. that's probably why they don't work for you, i hate mattes. i can never get them to work for me either.
but if you find something that works for you and is cheaper, that's great! i've gotta check out mod now. hehe

I think you'll like them Liz!
smile.gif
If you wanna see how the colors come out - check out my Dare to be - mardi gras... except for my lids... its all MOD colors
wink.gif

thanks so much ladies! im going to check out their website, im really tight on the dosh at the moment so i need cheaper alternative

Originally Posted by suzukigrrl I FINALLY received my MOD Cosmetics order yesterday, and I stared playing with the colors today. I bought the i17 and i21 5 pan palettes, which are shades of pink and purple. So pretty!! I'll take some pictures tonight. This stuff is MAC. It came in the same box that MAC stuff comes in except without the MAC name. Unfortunately I don't like MAC eyeshadows so much because they fade so quickly on me. These eyeshadows do too, but at least they were a fraction of the price of the eyeshadows with the MAC name on the box. Time to start using the eyeshadow primer regularly! are these e/s pigmented, and are they def. made by same makers as MAC

Originally Posted by sweetface18 are these e/s pigmented, and are they def. made by same makers as MAC They are very pigmented! The texture is just like MAC too. I know I read it on their site somewhere that they claimed to be manufactured (in Canada) by the same company as another brand of cosmetics that they didn't name. The lipstick tubes and some of the other packaging looks the same as MAC, and the cardboard box that my palettes came in is the same cardboard as MAC. I'm pretty sure it is the same as MAC.

MAC, MOD, both in Canada, both have same packaging, same pigmented colors, same texture... Hmmmm
wink.gif

Originally Posted by suzukigrrl They are very pigmented! The texture is just like MAC too. I know I read it on their site somewhere that they claimed to be manufactured (in Canada) by the same company as another brand of cosmetics that they didn't name. The lipstick tubes and some of the other packaging looks the same as MAC, and the cardboard box that my palettes came in is the same cardboard as MAC. I'm pretty sure it is the same as MAC. would this happen be the same to this?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ory=11866&rd=1

8a_2.JPG

LOLS SWEETFACE! thats what i just looked at on ebay, but i dont think this is same stuff as mod, thats my view though, someone enlighten us?

icon_cheesygrin.gif

Latest posts

Back