Hoow To Look Less "Masculine"

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok so unfortunatly, I have some natural features that are somewhat masculine. I  keep trying to cover them up or lessen them with makeup but sometimes i look a little drag queenish. So i was wonering if anyone had some tips on how to look more feminie with & without makeup.  I say with and without because I dont know if its as simple as waxing my eyebrows a certain way or what. So if you could just elaborate I would be soooooo greatfu. Here Iare some pics of me attached:

THANKS!!!

*mod edit - please embed your photos using the photo button beside the filmstrip button.  Noone should have to download your photos to view them.

I think you are really beautiful- your skin looks great and I like how you look without makeup.  I guess you may be referring to having a longer, oval shaped face?  Sometimes a new hairstyle can help flatter your face shape- I'm looking online a little, and some suggestions seem to say that trying bangs, or adding some volume to the hair with waves or layers can help to make a longer face look smaller.  If you have a good hair stylist you trust, you could try asking them for advice.  

As for makeup, maybe try adding a little shimmer to the cheeks (not necessarily blush, but it could even be a warm bronze shimmer), and for special occasions have you ever tried false lashes?  Not thick fake drag queen false lashes, but the more subtle ones, like I think there are some that just go at the corners of the eyes.  I also want to suggest maybe trying a sheer pink lip gloss on your lips... but maybe other girls have better suggestions for your lips.  

For eyebrows I would lengthen them slightly so that they come further in towards your nose if that makes sense. :)

Not really a tip so much, but just wanted to say you have really beautiful eyes. I love the shape they have. I'd play them up with maybe some nice winged eyeliner.

Trying some winged eyeliner like Sarah suggested is good. I would also play up your eyes with colour :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

You can fill your eyebrows with powder or pencil (powder can look more natural) when wearing makeup.

You can also try conturing and shading for shaping.

Conturing along your cheek bones and jawline towards the underside of your chin.

Shading along the bridge of your nose and blending downward will create the illusion of a slimmer nose. (This is a popular one)

There are some videos on this and other tips you can find by searching plastic surgery with makeup, or by watching some conturing and shading videos. The only way to give the illusion of different shaped features is by shading, I believe.

Try playing around with bronzers and highlighters. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Play up your eyes a LOT! That's what I always do~ I have a long nose, a wide jaw and a cleft chin, and let me tell you...eyes are the BEST thing to play with - and the funnest, too! Do a lot of smokey or cat eyes with winged liner and muted or pale lips. And go big on the lashes :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hair plays a big part. I always get body wave perms with lots of layers! I think you would look cute with bangs!

I would wear some girly lip color if I were you. You have a strong face, and I love that you had your hair in a feminine style and a fmeinine dress. I'd also go for liquid liner with a wing or a flair.

Pollymichelle I have the same issue and looking at your pics , I feel like we look a lot alike!! Most people think I look like a Drag Queen or a transgender!! Im female but I have to agree that I look masculine to some extinct!! Some features I see in your face I see in my own but you are beautiful!! I don't know what it is that makes me look masculine but guys tell me I look Boyish but pretty!!

When you have a face shape like mine!! It makes you appear more masculine because the forehead is high and I wear bangs a lot to feminize my face!!

Back