Hopi Ear Candling

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anyone ever had this done???

I had it done today at lunchtime. My ear was really blocked about a month ago and the doctor told me to put olive oil in it and then have it syringed – which I really don't fancy. So thought I'd give this a go as I'm flying to mexico (hurricane dean permitting!!) in 3 weeks and blocked ears would be painful.

Not sure how much one treatment will do for un-blocking and I still might need a syringe but I think if you had it regularly it could prevent build up. And it's very relaxing.

It takes about 40 minutes and they put a candle in one ear (looks/feels like a thin cardboard tube) made of beeswax and light it. Then she gently swivelled it until it was burned down to about 4 inches long. After they've done both ears they do a quick pressure point massage.

At one point I was nearly asleep – until she started talking about earwax and other really nice stuff that had us both laughing for most of the treatment!

Some info on it here … Complementary Health and Alternative Medicine - Hopi ear candles

Its a nice thing to have done itsnt it? I've had it done before and it feels very good on the ears. Although having it done too often is not the best because of how the wax in your ears acts as a filter. But it is good to remove excess buildup..seems better than putting oil in your ear! hmmm flaming candle? or oil?..lol

Yeah that's it. Maybe every few months or something just to stop excess build up would be good?

I've had it done and can tell a big difference. Just be careful not to do it too often or it will dry your ears out.

I 've done candeling before and it does feel very nice. There are those people who are prone to serious ear wax buildup, so this would be beneficial. And there is absolutely no discomfort!

My sister gave me some and I have done it several times. It feels great.

It sounds... comfy? Yeah
smile.gif

I would love to try this. But I am afraid to do it myself. My mother in law did it and almost burnt her eardrum to a crisp. Obviously she was doing it wrong, but I think I should have it professionaly done before I attempt to light anything by my ear and hair.

i forgot all about ear candling til i read this. I totally recommend it, I've had it done a few times. As a kid I used to have to get the hot water syringes to help hear better - if you opt for that its not really as bad as it sounds, but IMO the candling is way better since it sorts of acts as a vacuum. Its been a long time since I had it done but I can remember that right after candling I just felt great and my hearing was so much better, since you reminded me about it I really should do it again

Originally Posted by Tornwonderland /img/forum/go_quote.gif I would love to try this. But I am afraid to do it myself. My mother in law did it and almost burnt her eardrum to a crisp. Obviously she was doing it wrong, but I think I should have it professionaly done before I attempt to light anything by my ear and hair. I would say definitely DON'T do it yourself. Go to a salon or holistic therapist instead.

Latest posts

Back