Hot-oil treatments

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by horse_luver Does anyone know any homemade hot-oil treatments i can do to my hair?? I don't do at-home hot-oil treatments, but what I do use is SexyHairConcepts' "Soy Salvation Deep Treatment Hair Mask." It works really well especially if you have chemically treated/dyed hair.
smile.gif

I've pasted the product write-up on here so you can read more about it:

Soy Salvation -- Deep Treatment Hair Masque: Soy Salvation strengthens and improves hair, no matter what condition it's in. This deep hair masque treatment revitalizes normal hair and revives damaged hair. The unique combination of Soy Protein, Oatmeal and pure ingredients (smells good enough to eat!) nourished hair, giving it strength, softness and body in just five minutes.

After shampooing, simply squeeze out excess water from the hair, apply one full pack of Soy Salvation, wait five minutes and rinse thoroughly. For a more intense treatment, wrap hair in a towel for the five minutes - the heat offers a more concentrated treatment. This complete reformation product is packaged in a box of six individual foils. For full results, follow a six-week prescriptive program by using one pack each week. The sweet green banana fragrance is reminiscent of a tropical paradise. (Est. Suggested Retail Price: $19.00).

I've never done homemade hot-oil treatments, but used to do regular VO5 hot oil treatments. I really didn't see much of a difference. I recently picked up Pantene's new Intensive Hot Creme treatment (2 tubes per box) and I'm going to see how this works.

SexyHairConcepts makes great products, so I would definitely try that... otherwise, you can heat up olive oil, apply to hair, wrap in a shower cap, warm with a blow dryer - shampoo out
wink.gif

Back