Hot Tools Curling Iron

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting the Hot Tools curling iron but I can't decide what size I should get. I have longer hair now so I was thinking about getting the 1 1/4 inch iron but I was also thinking about the 1 inch one. Any opinions? Does anybody else use this curling iron? What size is the most versatile?

Originally Posted by Reija(admin) I'm thinking about getting the Hot Tools curling iron but I can't decide what size I should get. I have longer hair now so I was thinking about getting the 1 1/4 inch iron but I was also thinking about the 1 inch one. Any opinions? Does anybody else use this curling iron? What size is the most versatile? Unless you want a small curl, I'd go with the 1 1/4" - it's good for flipping ends, making spirals... and is a little more versatile than a 1" - It's not a HUGE difference, but the 1" might be a little too tight of a curl...
icon_wink.gif

Thank you Janelle! I'll get the 1 1/4 inch.
icon_wink.gif
I'm looking for the loose curl look so definitely I don't want tight curls.

when i worked for this salon, all the girls told me not to buy Hot Tools becuase it burns your hair.

Reija!!! Hey! I am half Finnish!! COOL! I rarely see any Finn's in US

Originally Posted by Raja when i worked for this salon, all the girls told me not to buy Hot Tools becuase it burns your hair. Do you mean the heat? If you use it too much (esp. w/out any treatments for it) then your hair'll get dry/frizzy/etc.

Originally Posted by Raja when i worked for this salon, all the girls told me not to buy Hot Tools becuase it burns your hair. if you're not using any protecting serums or heat activating products, of course it does!and you take it from me,NEVER expose your hair to heat, or iron it without protecting it first,ah you should see my hair, i kept ironing it for about 6 months w/o protection,and now it took me more than a whole year to treat it ..

Hi Raja! I know I don't see too many finns in the US either. I live on the west coast so that's probably why. I know there are more finns on the east coast in certain states.

Thanks for the warnings about the curling iron....I'll make sure I'll use products to protect my hair. I don't want it damaged anymore than it already is.

Funny you brought this up, because I'm in the market for a curling iron and was debating over the Hot Tools 1 1/4 and 1 1/2 barrel, I think those are the ones I looked at. Are there any other brands worth trying?

I think the size depends on what you wanna do with your hair. I have a 2 inch one and worked great when I had long hair. I used it to add volume and subtle wave to my hair.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Latest posts

Back