How 2 Make Crisp or Chewy Cookies

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Listen up if you want your cookies either crisp or chewy!

For Crisp:

Use greased and warm cookie sheets

Have buter, eggs & dough at room temp.

Use proportionately more white than brown sugar

Bake a little longer at a little lower temp

Use a little more butter

The flatter the shape, the criper the cookie

For Chewy: (Cali's fav)

Use ungreased and cool cookie sheets

Have butter, eggs and dough chilled

Use proportionately more brown than white sugar

Bake a little shorter at a little higher temp

Use a little more flour

Make thicker cookies

Don't say I never taught you anything special!
wink.gif

I loooooooove chewy oatmeal raisin cookies mmmmmmmmmmm good. Maybe I'll make some now in case we lose power again from the next hurricane, my sis inlaw and I were just talking about how we are going to each gain 15pds before all this hurricane stuff ends.

Originally Posted by Harleymom10860 I loooooooove chewy oatmeal raisin cookies mmmmmmmmmmm good. Maybe I'll make some now in case we lose power again from the next hurricane, my sis inlaw and I were just talking about how we are going to each gain 15pds before all this hurricane stuff ends. w/b Harley! missed ya. Glad you were not sucked up in the moody hurricane. Phew!

I'm going to have to try those out especially for my oatmeal cookies! I adore chewy oatmeal cookies like my mom and grandma make but every time I try to make them they turn out on the crispy side.... apparently cause I grease the cookie sheets! I'll be shopping tonight to get the ingredients. I'll let ya know how they turn out!

You too?? LOL!!! Harleymom, I ate like a piggie when the power was out. We had already bought a bunch of Haloween candy and I killed one package of KitKats in those four days. That was on top of the fried chicken, sandwiches, chips and other junk a bored person would eat when sitting around with nothing to do. Originally Posted by Harleymom10860 I loooooooove chewy oatmeal raisin cookies mmmmmmmmmmm good. Maybe I'll make some now in case we lose power again from the next hurricane, my sis inlaw and I were just talking about how we are going to each gain 15pds before all this hurricane stuff ends.

Originally Posted by KittySkyfish You too?? LOL!!! Harleymom, I ate like a piggie when the power was out. We had already bought a bunch of Haloween candy and I killed one package of KitKats in those four days. That was on top of the fried chicken, sandwiches, chips and other junk a bored person would eat when sitting around with nothing to do. Oh gosh it's awful but it seems like the only food you can get that will not go bad is the stuff thats high calorie/carbs thats loaded with preservitives, I just went down and stocked up on a few things just in case, I think I will make a couple of casseroles that will freeze well and then we can just heat them up on the grill. I grabbed a couple of bags of Halloween candy too(just in case ya know?
icon_lol.gif
) I also decided rice crispy treats will be a necessity, not only to eat but if we spring a leak we can use em for patching things up. The other thing I do under stress is clean house so think I better give the food thinking a rest for now
icon_rolleyes.gif

This is great info!!!

My fave is chewy also
icon_wink.gif

Originally Posted by Californian Listen up if you want your cookies either crisp or chewy!
For Crisp:

Use greased and warm cookie sheets

Have buter, eggs & dough at room temp.

Use proportionately more white than brown sugar

Bake a little longer at a little lower temp

Use a little more butter

The flatter the shape, the criper the cookie

For Chewy: (Cali's fav)

Use ungreased and cool cookie sheets

Have butter, eggs and dough chilled

Use proportionately more brown than white sugar

Bake a little shorter at a little higher temp

Use a little more flour

Make thicker cookies

Don't say I never taught you anything special!
wink.gif

Latest posts

Back