How can a girl get cone free?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i've finally found what i think is a good regime for my hair. i use a moisturizer (dark & lovely naturally - soon to be discoed!) and a silcone gel to control frizz (john freida silicone gel). i would love to go cone free but shudder to think what my hair would do without them. i've been looking at two different products that i'd like to try, but need some recs before i shell out the cash. feel free to post your comments about either of the products below. i'm looking for a product to control frizz while keep my curly kinks soft and managable. thanks bunches for you input!

monniej

Miss Jessies - Products specifically interested in the baby buttercreme moisturizer

Curly Hair Products interested in the leave in conditioner/styling lotion.

The term 'cone' refers to silicone and all of its derivatives, (ex: dimethecone).

I have been cone-free for a long time now, and my hair is thanking me for it. Now, I think that people shouldn't automatically bannish 'cones' as the evil villain. You gotta know what your hair likes/dislikes. I learned that my hair thrives in the absence of cones, and that's why my regimen is how it is today.

Yeah - i stopped using them because they cause nasty bumps on my scalp (not a lot, but the ones existent are evil) and my hair gets greasier faster. I manage to spent 2 to 3 days without washing if i don't have cones - with cones i have to wash the day after

hm this thread got me thinking...I always get greasy hair fast as well and I´d love to be able to wash it every 3 days or so. Anybody know any brands that are cone free and are also available in Europe?

Or will I have to go check all the ingredients when I´m at the drugstore? cause that would be a lot of work!!

someone did post a list of cone free products not to long ago. i'll see if i can hunt it down.

my hair is soft and managable, and i don't have a shedding problem. just wondering if my hair would be thicker without them.

this is the link to the thread about the silicone free products. https://forum.makeuptalk.com/f13...=silicone+free

Originally Posted by monniej /img/forum/go_quote.gif someone did post a list of cone free products not to long ago. i'll see if i can hunt it down.
my hair is soft and managable, and i don't have a shedding problem. just wondering if my hair would be thicker without them.

this is the link to the thread about the silicone free products. https://forum.makeuptalk.com/f13...=silicone+free

Thank you sooo much for posting the link!!! I´ll go to the drugstore first thing tomorrow

It's really easy actually - go for the cheapest conditioners and shampoos - they usually don't have cones (so they don't feel 'nice' as a more expensive shampoo would). I was using Suave until a few weeks ago, when it finished and i changed to a brazilian brand (which doesn't have salt on the shampoo as well!)

Originally Posted by lia_matos /img/forum/go_quote.gif It's really easy actually - go for the cheapest conditioners and shampoos - they usually don't have cones (so they don't feel 'nice' as a more expensive shampoo would). I was using Suave until a few weeks ago, when it finished and i changed to a brazilian brand (which doesn't have salt on the shampoo as well!) thanks for the tip, my wallet says thank you as well! lolWe don´t have Suave, but I think we have Herbal Essences now and that´s a rather cheap brand

Cheap is the way to go
smile.gif
Also you can use honey on your deep moisturizing treatments and olive oil on tips when your hair is damp (it doesn't stays smelling like salad, i promise)

Originally Posted by lia_matos /img/forum/go_quote.gif Cheap is the way to go
smile.gif
Also you can use honey on your deep moisturizing treatments and olive oil on tips when your hair is damp (it doesn't stays smelling like salad, i promise) I used olive oil just tonight after washing my hair, but I obviously used too much and brushed it through and now my hair look so greasy, yuck

I use a little 1,2 cm of diameter 'circle' of oil to my hair - from ear down to the end (my hair is atm at bra strap)

You can wash your hair again (just the oily area) and it'll be nice . Just use less shampoo
smile.gif

Originally Posted by lia_matos /img/forum/go_quote.gif I use a little 1,2 cm of diameter 'circle' of oil to my hair - from ear down to the end (my hair is atm at bra strap)
You can wash your hair again (just the oily area) and it'll be nice . Just use less shampoo
smile.gif

I´m too lazy to wash it again now but hopefully I have enough time tomorrow. My hair feels really nice, soft and healthy though, it just looks nasty
I think I have to use way less oil cause my hair is rather fine

Originally Posted by Ohappydayes /img/forum/go_quote.gif Forgot to say, thanks for posting the thread with all those cone free products monniej. I hadn't been trying to be cone free, but it looks like I was doing a good job...outside of my recent purchase. you're so welcome. i'm still at a loss as to what to do to control this frizz, though! oh well, maybe frizzy is the new straight! lmao~

Back