How can I copy this look?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score

Is there a way to do this without it looking like I was punched in the face? My eyes are similar to hers (lids still show when eyes are open).

I think it looks like she was punched in the face herself..... lol.

Applying heavy deep shadow all over the eye area is always tricky, it can take practice to not look like you have two black eyes. Especially having smaller eyes.

I would practice applying this look at home in your spare time, perhaps with a shade of shadow that is a tad lighter. I also wouldn't personally have it come down so low on the undereye. It could cause a lot of creasing and add to the "black eye" look you are trying to avoid.

Practice makes perfect!

I love the look as is, and don't think she looks punched. I would keep it close to the lash line on the bottom, and have it just barely peek above the crease line. 

For smokey eyes the trick is not to use shades in which you would naturally bruise. If you do then it'll look like you've been punched. I love the photo look but it seems to have a red undertone that I personally have to be careful with. Practice :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />.

I love the look! She looks stunning. Although I have to agree with being careful in using brown shadows with red undertones because it's not very flattering and kind of a pain to work with from my experience. 

Yup, repeating...don't use brown with red in it. Bruises are purple and red. Look for a cool brown in your stash, or a deeper taupe, brown mixed with gray.

Originally Posted by Adrienne /img/forum/go_quote.gif

For smokey eyes the trick is not to use shades in which you would naturally bruise. If you do then it'll look like you've been punched. I love the photo look but it seems to have a red undertone that I personally have to be careful with. Practice
smile.gif
I agree...I can't do a smokey eye look with purple/blue shadows because I do look like I've been punched in the face! I have better luck using pinks and browns.

i think that you might wanna make the shadow a little bit lighter and not put it so far down on the lid because it could cause a lot of creasing and give you that black eye look that you were trying to avoid.

Originally Posted by internetchick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am the voice of dissent. I would use brown with red undertones lol!!
Don't worry, there are plenty of people who love this kind of look, including me! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I have never been told I look like I have been punched in the eye, even though I wear smokey eyes with red undertones all the time! My eyes are green, so I need the red undertone to make them stand out. It all depends on one's colouring, I would say.

And I also agree this makeup is stunning exactly as it is!

Start the look with your primer first, nude wash the whole lid, the nude should be lighter than your skin tone and as matte a color as you can find start close to your lashline at the outside corner of each eye and fade in as well as up. wipe the excess pigment off the brush and then place it where the color hits your skin and blend. line the water line on the top lid and get in between the lashes, when you line the lower water line keep it subtle and make sure to use a little of your brown on the lower lash line. You can use browns with a red undertone as long as your eyes are not blood shot.

How could forget the most important thing eyebrows don't forget them they should read almost as dark as your eye makeup. To see if you have the right contrast level squint your eyes look in the mirror the eyes should stand out first and then the brows. 

Latest posts

Back