How cool is this!?!?!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey!

That sounds really interesting!

Tell us all about school, when you get settled in.

Mindy!!! How wonderful, and exciting! I know that feeling of waking up under a Canadian flag... isn't it cool? I hope you really enjoy yourself in college. You can be with your boyfriend now! Yay!!!!

i am very jealous! i've been trying to find my way to becoming a citizen of Canada for years. . . .enjoy your time there! True freedom!
smile.gif

Make sure you check out Timmy's (Tim Hortons) Mindy. Love their hot chocolate. I'm not a coffee drinker but that is another favorite at Timmy's.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by canadian_gurl /img/forum/go_quote.gif Make sure you check out Timmy's (Tim Hortons) Mindy. Love their hot chocolate. I'm not a coffee drinker but that is another favorite at Timmy's.
smile.gif
we have time hortons in the states, i prefer our version..dunkin donuts! but it's still good.

Originally Posted by Karren_Hutton /img/forum/go_quote.gif LOL Cool now but wait till it's 25 below zero and snow up to your ........... Universiry of Florida might look pretty warm about then!! hehe.. And I always wondered wy 90% of the Canadian population lived like 50 miles from the US borders? I figured it was trying to keep warm!! lol
Just kidding!!! I'm a big fan of the great white north country, eha!! And Ice Hockey!!

And quit looking at guys and concentrate on your studies!!! Good luck!

Karren

living in maine, the weather in canada (atleast the part im in) is almost exactly the same!

Originally Posted by MindySue /img/forum/go_quote.gif
smile.gif
yepthe canadian flag is cooler

or maybe im just a canada fanatic. i love the way people talk here.

i hope i talk like that too eventually haha

man i gotta go to bed

this guy who works at the hotel looks like adam from maroon 5..wow. i liked him.

he was dressed very nice too

How do we talk!? Like with an accent? Can you describe it? I've lived here all my life and haven't noticed.. haha.

Ooo. Have fun in cah-nah-duh. (I love saying it like that
biggrin.gif
).

You gotta take pictures or what's the point of this thread, missy??!

wow, Mindy you're finally there, that's great. i agree the canadian flag rocks. i'm really happy for you, congrats !!!

and i hope i can catch up with your post count soon lol you're my competition
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Shanelle /img/forum/go_quote.gif How do we talk!? Like with an accent? Can you describe it? I've lived here all my life and haven't noticed.. haha. good question, i wanna know too !!

Good luck Mindy!

I only know someone's Canadian when they say "out" or "about" sounds like "oot" and "aboot."

Originally Posted by Manda /img/forum/go_quote.gif Good luck Mindy!
I only know someone's Canadian when they say "out" or "about" sounds like "oot" and "aboot."

Good luck Mindy! Sounds awesome! And yea, that is right what you said, Manda. Their words are very clipped. pretty much the same as in Wisconsin (where I live). Except in Canada it is much more pronounced! Basically many words are "clipped" at the end instead of rounded, or drawn out. I have had some people say we sound Irish, lol. Maybe a LITTLE bit....

LOL Wow Ive lived in Canada pretty much all my life too (moved here when I was 4) and I never realized we have some sort of different accent?

Anyways I really love it here, sort of, it grows on you, the winters are toooo cold and the summers tooo hot lol, but Im happy to hear your liking it so far
smile.gif

So where in Canada are you lol

Letters are pronounced differently. Like o's are different. I dont know. I just know that it sounds cool..i mean listen to an american talk and youll hear a difference.

You only notice an accent if you're a native speaker (grown up and lived the entire life hearing that language) of the language and hear someone speaking on a 'different' way than yours or if it's something reeeally strong (like a truly southern accent or a british accent) and you have knowledge on how it generally sounds.

It happens on other languages (although that in Spanish some accents are pretty obvious - at least to me): probably if some of you knew Portuguese and heard me and my boyfriend talk, probably you wouldn't notice our different accents , but to me is something like i was from NY and him from Texas.

And you don't notice your own accent until you're out of your place (and generally people are mocking you because you 'talk funny') - i know because my family is from another state and we speak in completely different ways and they mock us

lol, yes, we have some accents too here. my family's from the north so there's words they don't pronounce like us, and it's even funnier when we talk with our belgian cousins. and i have trouble understanding people from the south, they eat half of the words.

Back