How do i avoid skippy eyeliner with gel liners? what do i do!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ive tried wetting with mixing medium, didnt work out so well, im going to try water. any recs? may be i should dilute more of the mixing medium/water or gel liner on the lid. :S when i put it on it comes out too skippy, and not thin like i like it :S

thanks in advance for your advice!!!

Why are you mixing the gel liner with the water? My first recommendation would be to not do that. My second recommendation would be to make sure you're using a good brush. And my third recommendation is, when you apply it, hold your head slightly back, and look down. Dot the liner across the lashline, and then go back and "connect the dots."

Don't dilute it with anything! Get a good liner brush, and you may have to pull your lid taut if it is skipping on you.
smile.gif

thanks for the tips guys! i feel silly for trying to dilute it.

aquilah: im going to try looking down, smarty mc smartington!

stereo: i tried taughtening the skin, and it worked beautifully! but someone told me that it causes wrinkles :S

CuTeLiCiOuS: im gonna look into that brush

thanks!!!

Originally Posted by newyorkknick /img/forum/go_quote.gif thanks for the tips guys! i feel silly for trying to dilute it. aquilah: im going to try looking down, smarty mc smartington!

stereo: i tried taughtening the skin, and it worked beautifully! but someone told me that it causes wrinkles :S

CuTeLiCiOuS: im gonna look into that brush

thanks!!!

I got that tip from Leila (MACGoddess). I used to pull my lid taut, and I still do at times, but I realized I get a much smoother line the other way. Plus, there's no worrying about the bristles catching on my lashes, and I'm basically following the dotted line I created
smile.gif

Dont dilute get eyeliners! And try MAC 266 brush, it is the best eyeliner brush in my opinion. I do pull my lid taut though...
smile.gif
I feel it helps in my case.

I was going to ask the same question about why you were diluting it. LOL

The others have given great advice. I use my 209 brush, it makes a huge difference in the application.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Aquilah /img/forum/go_quote.gif Why are you mixing the gel liner with the water? My first recommendation would be to not do that. My second recommendation would be to make sure you're using a good brush. And my third recommendation is, when you apply it, hold your head slightly back, and look down. Dot the liner across the lashline, and then go back and "connect the dots." ditto to that! definitely don't use water.

Latest posts

Back