How do I reduce redness or eczema on my face?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is no cure for eczema, treatment focuses on treating symptoms and preventing flare-ups. Moisturizers or emollients to keep the skin moisturised and decrease irritation and cracking are some eczema treatment alternatives. To minimise swelling, redness, and pain, use steroid lotions and ointments.

• Wear sunscreen! “First and foremost, make sure that you are always using sunscreen and seeking shade! The sun can be a powerful trigger for most people’s skin, so protection is key,” Vega said.
  • Keep your skin care routine simple: “If you are prone to redness, don’t overdo your skin care routine. Use calming, hydrating cleansers, serums and moisturizers,” Sobel said.
  • Exfoliate sparingly: "Exfoliating at home is great for anti-aging, but don’t overdo it by using AHA toners and peel pads twice a day. Avoid physical exfoliants like rough facial scrubs made with walnut scrubs or sugar,” Sobel said.
  • Know your triggers: In addition to the aforementioned facial redness triggers, those prone to rosacea and eczema can also experience aggravated skin after taking a hot shower, drinking alcohol, exercising and using products with fragrance (synthetic or natural).

Very helpful answers here. But I love Eucerin products they are dermatological and clinically proven.

Although Eucerin products may be good, their products for redness relief contain.parabens which are known to cause breast cancerj. I usually use a tinted moisturizer by Cetaphil called Redness Relieving Daily facial moisturizer with sunscreen broad-spectrum SPF 20. Hope this helps.

As I know, there is no cure for eczema, so treatment involves managing the symptoms and trying to prevent further flare-ups. In such cases, it's not a good idea to prescribe a medicine to yourself, and it's better to consult with a doctor.

Latest posts

Back