How do u groom ur brows?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Tweeze? Wax? Thread? Personally, what I do is I use Veet. It only takes 5 minutes, it's painless and I get very clean, nicely groomed brows. What about u?

Wax approximately every three months, clean up with tweezers until I can't stand it any more and go to the waxer :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I've tweezed, had them waxed and threaded and I just got to a point where I just don't like the pain.

I used to go and get them waxed about once a month (my eyebrows grow crazy fast), but after some terrible, horrendous brows a waxer left me with, I've been plucking 'em ever since. It's easy and free!

I used to get waxed, but now I have them threaded. Not sure how often. I just go when I start looking like I need it. Probably every 3 months or so. I like the threading! I think I must have lost sensitivity around my eyebrows from years of waxing because it doesn't hurt me, but my friend cries every time.

OMG! I had my brows threaded like a month to a month and a half ago and it hurt soooooo bad!! It was like all of my brows being tweezed out at once. I was tearing up like crazy!

Originally Posted by princess2010 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I used to get waxed, but now I have them threaded. Not sure how often. I just go when I start looking like I need it. Probably every 3 months or so. I like the threading! I think I must have lost sensitivity around my eyebrows from years of waxing because it doesn't hurt me, but my friend cries every time.

Originally Posted by viccckyhoang /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i'm with you on this one! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> haha
I've been having them waxed so long that I hardly feel it; I swear that the tweezing they do when cleaning up hurts more than the ripping out of the main stuff!

Originally Posted by calexxia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've been having them waxed so long that I hardly feel it; I swear that the tweezing they do when cleaning up hurts more than the ripping out of the main stuff!
yesss! i always twitch... they probably think that there's something wrong with me. hahah

Quote:

Originally Posted by calexxia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

iagree.gif
 with the part about tweezing hurting more than the waxing but the waxing still hurts for me. I feel like a wuss! lol

waxing at Benefit brow bar, and I use Benefit Brows-a-Go-Go. It's a combination of wax and powder that shapes them awesomely (and I have a sparce patch on my right arch) without making them look TOO filled in (like with a pencil). Love Benefit!! ~KB 

Wow.... I must be extra hairy. (on my brows, at least) I'd get mine waxed once a week if I could afford it.

I get them done at least every 2-3 weeks. And that's with me tweezing as best I can in between.

Japonesque brow scissors and comb to trim, tweeze to get the hair under the brow.

Tweeze under brow, shave with brow shaver above and trim long hairs with small scissors and brow comb.

I’ve tried tweezing & threading but I always go back to wax. Nothing cleans up nicer than hot wax lol & I have to go once a week they grow back so fast in all the wrong places tho
icon_evil.gif

I used to have mine waxed but the shape got messed up after several years. I switched to threading which seems to be more precise for my needs (to regrow areas that were too short or out of alignment with what my natural brown shape should be). I like threading much better. And I don't have to go off retinoids days before like I used to do with waxing.

I trim them with brow scissors and tweeze the rest after I used a stencil to outline them.  I'm learning how to thread and I'm getting pretty good at it so I plan to do that once I get better.  Maybe I'm used to it but I love tweezing. Every night before I go to bed I see if I have any hairs that need to be removed and that generally keeps them in line for a long time.  I reshape every 2 months and trim on a weekly basis. I have extremely thick eyebrows that grow at a fast rate thank goodness. I'd rather have trouble maintaining them then trouble growing them.

Edit: I also sometimes use a brow razor line up the front part of my brows.

waxing at Benefit brow bar, and I use Benefit Brows-a-Go-Go. It's a combination of wax and powder that shapes them awesomely (and I have a sparce patch on my right arch) without making them look TOO filled in (like with a pencil). Love Benefit!! ~KB 
Ooooooh now i may just have to try that!!!!! I love benefit and Ive been meaning to get a proper brow product since ive never used one. I first realized the difference filling in my brows made after experimenting recently with a matte dark brown eyeshadow and liner brush! Now i need a good product made for brows and a little advice :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I used to get them waxed all the time but for the past few months I've just been tweezing and trimming at home. I think I need to give threading a try! I think i could use a shape up hahaha

Latest posts

Back