How do you apply foundation?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i use a foundation brush(mac190)and i love the flawless look it gives me.I find i use less foundation with the brush and it it is so fast.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I've always used a sponged and realized it soaked up, and wasted!, so much of the product. I purchased my japonesque taklon foundation brush and loved how it applied the foundation but for some reason i didn't feel like it was blended enough, plus i couldnt help but feel it made my foundation go on streaky (just because i know i 'painted' it on). So now I only use my fingers because as previously mentioned it warms up the foundation making it easier to blend into my skin=)

i use the mac 190 foundation brush with my hyper real or moistureblend depending on what time of year it is and i found taht it does help me use less. after i put it on though i do use my fingers to make sure everything is blended perfectly
smile.gif

Originally Posted by IsisKat Wow! I cant imagine using that much-you must go through your bottles very quickly! Totally not trying to offend you though. I think it's so interesting how differently makeup works for everybody. Great post! oh, i know you're not trying to offend me
smile.gif

i've actually had it since february and i use it about 4-5 days outta the week and i have very little left and it's almost august!

I use the Lancome foundation brush for liquid foundation. If I have to use heavier foundation in a compact, like Kryolan Dermacolor Light, to hide big flaws, then I use my fingers. Does anyone else use the Lancome brush?

I USE MAC BRUSH #109.AND STUDIO TECH/FULL COVERAGE.(YES #109 IT'S NOT A TYPE O)

I COULD NOT BELIEVE THIS WOULD WORK, BUT AFTER TRYING IT, I LOVED THE FINISHED RESULTS AND MY FINGERS ARE CLEAN. THIS IS THE ONLY WAY TO APPLY FOUNDATION FOR ME NOW. LOVE THE TECHNIQUE.

Originally Posted by Jennifer i use a foundation brush (chanel, to be exact) and i ONLY like to use it right after i've washed it, when it's damp. it feels good on my skin and i think it blends easily.
i used to use my fingers, but once i got a foundation brush, i couldn't imagine going back. i love the how not messy it is. i always felt gross.

how i do it is put 6 pumps (i use stila's illuminating liquid) for one side of my face and then another 6 for the other, 2 for my chin, 1 for my upper lip, 2 for my nose, and 3 for my forehead and blend, blend, blend.

I currently almost never wear foundation unless I am going to an event or out for the night somewhere. When I do use it, I use Lancome Photogenic foundation (I found a tone that perfectly matches my skin, and I LOVE their concealer!!) and I usually go with the fingers, or a sponge right after moisturizing if I want light coverage.

I have been DESPERATELY wanting to try a foundation brush though... Which one by MAC is a great one to try?

I want light to medium coverage, and anything that might minimize my pores or oily skin would be great!

Originally Posted by MACGoddess I currently almost never wear foundation unless I am going to an event or out for the night somewhere. When I do use it, I use Lancome Photogenic foundation (I found a tone that perfectly matches my skin, and I LOVE their concealer!!) and I usually go with the fingers, or a sponge right after moisturizing if I want light coverage.
I have been DESPERATELY wanting to try a foundation brush though... Which one by MAC is a great one to try?

I want light to medium coverage, and anything that might minimize my pores or oily skin would be great!

I hear the MAC #190 is great I use a Lumene 1 that has a concealor brush on the other end that I use to apply eye base I don't wear concealor

Originally Posted by MACGoddess (I found a tone that perfectly matches my skin, and I LOVE their concealer!!) which concealer? i used to use photogenic and maquicomplet.

Originally Posted by Jennifer i use a foundation brush (chanel, to be exact) and i ONLY like to use it right after i've washed it, when it's damp. it feels good on my skin and i think it blends easily.
i used to use my fingers, but once i got a foundation brush, i couldn't imagine going back. i love the how not messy it is. i always felt gross.

how i do it is put 6 pumps (i use stila's illuminating liquid) for one side of my face and then another 6 for the other, 2 for my chin, 1 for my upper lip, 2 for my nose, and 3 for my forehead and blend, blend, blend.

I used to use sponges to apply foundation but after this forum I've desided to try brush and I was very imressed with the result.Flowless finish,no mess on your fingers,NIIIIIIICE filing applying it.Just LOVE it.....

And then on second thought you use much less foundation unlike with sponge(it just suck all foundation) and more important (for me at least)it gets even all over your face.
icon_biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by kchan99 I use the Lancome foundation brush for liquid foundation. If I have to use heavier foundation in a compact, like Kryolan Dermacolor Light, to hide big flaws, then I use my fingers. Does anyone else use the Lancome brush? I've got my fnd brush from Benefit and love it(those brand as MAC or NARS are to far from my home so ......)but I haven't seen Lancome brushes here(do you have some pics?)

Originally Posted by Jennifer which concealer? i used to use photogenic and maquicomplet. I use photogenic in camee... It matches my skin tone perfectly, and is non-comedogenic, which is the most important thing. Plus it can cover really well...

Originally Posted by MACGoddess I use photogenic in camee... It matches my skin tone perfectly, and is non-comedogenic, which is the most important thing. Plus it can cover really well... i have that one, too, and in that shade! that and ivoire because camee got a tiny bit dark when summer ended. i've never heard of anyone else using it, so that's why i asked. i love(d) it!

lol, we are photogenic sisters then! lol, no one I now has tried it either.

I almost never wear it anymore, I used to use it to cover up acne, and since I have gone on Accutane, NO MORE ACNE! YAY!

Originally Posted by MACGoddess lol, we are photogenic sisters then! lol, no one I now has tried it either.
I almost never wear it anymore, I used to use it to cover up acne, and since I have gone on Accutane, NO MORE ACNE! YAY!

yay!
biggrin.gif

Lea, I am like you. When I use fdtn., I only use tiny bit, less than 1 pump. I mix it with my moisturizer and use my fingers
icon_smile.gif

Originally Posted by Lealabell Sounds like I'm using nowhere near enough foundation. I only use 1 pump of ILF, and sometimes even that much looks a bit heavy on me!
I always use my fingers, much easier to blend.

I'm back to my foundation brush! I bought it awhile ago, but I thought it was a hassle, and went back to my fingers. After reading a bunch of posts saying that a brush gave them a more flawless finish and coverage, I dug it out and gave it another go...whoa! It is a bit more work, since you have to wash it out regularly, but I think it is worth it. I realized I wasn't working the brush on my face enough before, so I was pretty much doing all of my blending still with my fingers. So far, I think it works better with cream compact foundations. My liquid streaked a bit, but I put my foundation on only a couple minutes after my moisturizer, since I think it blends better that way, and I can do extra blending with my fingers...And I also use it with the Dream Matte mousse, just for hygiene reasons (diligently washed out my brush DAILY)

Whatever works for you though, is what's important...Someone else mentioned how different makeup works on us, so experimenting with several methods is best, although I can't justify sponges, since they just mop up product, and nothing ends up on your face; absolute waste, if you ask me.

I'm just not diggin' the extra washing. I already have enough with a 6 year old son. Extra washing is the last thing I want to do!!

Originally Posted by eightthirty I'm just not diggin' the extra washing. I already have enough with a 6 year old son. Extra washing is the last thing I want to do!! I just use cetaphil, and it only takes a minute; I think it's worth it, but I am only 17, and I don't have to take care of anyone but myself, so I can understand where you are coming from...little kids are time-consuming, and that's just babysitting! I'm the baby of the family, so I have no parental skills
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I use powder foundation, so I apply it with either a flocked sponge or a kabuki. On the occasion I do use a liquid, I almost always use my fingers, though ya'll have me thinking I need to use my foundation brush again!!

Latest posts

Back