How do you become a M.A.?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I guess this is primarily directed at those of you that are M.A.'s. I was wondering how do you become one? In order to work at MAC, Stila, Benefit etc. I know I am very good with color and with m/u, but there has to be more to it than that right?

So you need to be certified as well? (I am in the US)

Leila

i know to work at counters (not sure all), you don't need to go to makeup school or get your license.

at the regular counters, you don't need any professional training or certification. you just have to go through the hiring process for macy's. i'm not sure if you have to show them that you have makeup application experience

now mac is a different story... they have their own hiring process. i haven't gone through it, just heard about it.

you turn in an application with your resume. i beleive they look for retail experience, maybe any freelance work. i know having a certification isn't mandatory, but it might look good.

I was thinking to get into being an M.A. while I am finishing school. I thought it would at least be something I am good at and can enjoy. What are the odds you think?

I haven't really worked in sales before, but I have worked jobs with a lot of customer interaction and I am good with people...
icon_neutral.gif

Latest posts

Back