How do you cook?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hahaha i have been with my boyfriend for 8 years and after 2 kids we finally got our own place we have been moved out for 4 monthes already and eating out is getting expensive i have no idea how to cook and im 25 hello HAHAHA have any ideas on 30 min meals let me know im in need....lol

bee

I cook whatever will go in a microwave
smiletongue.gif

Pasta is always easy to cook..just boil the noodles and put sauce on it!

It doesnt seem healthy for your kids or you to eat out every day anyways! There should be tons of easy to make healthy meals out there

There are a ton of simple recipes on the internet. Also, I think Rachel Ray has a 30 minute meal cookbook. I am not sure if that what it is called, but I have heard it is supposed to be pretty good.

Originally Posted by Marisol /img/forum/go_quote.gif This is how I cook:

"Hi... do you deliver?"

ahhh. A girl after my own heart.

Originally Posted by KellyB /img/forum/go_quote.gif ahhh. A girl after my own heart.
five.gif

This is how i get all my girlfriends to start cooking...

• look for recipes that contain less than 7 ingredients!!!! that is the key to becoming comfortable in the kitchen. a lot of ingredients means a lot of prep time and utensils and cleaning... reasons why many people never cook.
  • look for recipes that have already prepared items in them to make it easier, i.e. cream soups or deli meats or canned chicken or salsa. this takes out a lot of the hassle, using prepared foods that are budget conscious.
  • only deal with recipes that use single cooking applications- stay away from things that you have to sear then bake, or boil, then sautee... stick to "mix it all together and put in a pot at 350 for 30 minutes" or "throw it all in a pan and sautee it till brown" or "throw it all in a slow cooker in the morning and simmer til you get home from work".
EDIT:I also want to add the world's easiest chicken recipe that everyone seems to think is great (plus it's good for ya! no extra added fats!)

THREE INGREDIENTS!!!

4 Chicken parts (boobs, thighs, quarters, whatever is on sale)

a packet of generic dry ranch dressing

3/4 cup Italian bread crumbs

preheat oven to 400f

put ranch and crumbs in a big ziploc. put in chicken piece. shake. place on cookie sheet. do rest. sprinkle the left over crumbs in the bag on top of chicken pieces.

place on middle rack in oven

bake for 30 minutes if boobs or thighs. 45 minutes if larger sections or legs.

serve.

im part carribean so its almost a crime to say 'i can't cook' lol but as a quick easy sack that doesnt take much effort i'll bake or fry some plantains... its like banana but u can't eat it raw. that or i'll order some pizza and being a londoner i love fish and chips.

If you like vegetables, steam cooker is a great tool.

What we do is just put vegetables after rinsing carefully (i like carrot, sweet corn on the cob, broccoli, potatoes and APPLE). Usually it takes 20-30 minutes, you can just pour vinegar as a dressing if you like. VERY easy to washing up as well
wink.gif

Besides, I think pasta is a good idea for quick cooking. but don't forget to add fresh chopped vegetable in sauce.

I make a salad, with a dressing of youghourt + avodaco + herbs, and eat that with fullgrain rice or cooked quinoa. Easy, healthy and quick.

LMAO @ Marisol! I've posted quite a few 30 min. meals since that's my fave way to cook. Rachael Ray is a lifesaver in that aspect. Also, broiling chicken w/ various seasonings is always great. There's always canned or frozen veggies to make things easier, as well as other boxed and canned goods.

Originally Posted by brewgrl /img/forum/go_quote.gif This is how i get all my girlfriends to start cooking...
  • look for recipes that contain less than 7 ingredients!!!! that is the key to becoming comfortable in the kitchen. a lot of ingredients means a lot of prep time and utensils and cleaning... reasons why many people never cook.
  • look for recipes that have already prepared items in them to make it easier, i.e. cream soups or deli meats or canned chicken or salsa. this takes out a lot of the hassle, using prepared foods that are budget conscious.
  • only deal with recipes that use single cooking applications- stay away from things that you have to sear then bake, or boil, then sautee... stick to "mix it all together and put in a pot at 350 for 30 minutes" or "throw it all in a pan and sautee it till brown" or "throw it all in a slow cooker in the morning and simmer til you get home from work".
EDIT:I also want to add the world's easiest chicken recipe that everyone seems to think is great (plus it's good for ya! no extra added fats!)

THREE INGREDIENTS!!!

4 Chicken parts (boobs, thighs, quarters, whatever is on sale)

a packet of generic dry ranch dressing

3/4 cup Italian bread crumbs

preheat oven to 400f

put ranch and crumbs in a big ziploc. put in chicken piece. shake. place on cookie sheet. do rest. sprinkle the left over crumbs in the bag on top of chicken pieces.

place on middle rack in oven

bake for 30 minutes if boobs or thighs. 45 minutes if larger sections or legs.

serve.

Ooh, that sounds pretty cool. Like a healthier version of Shake-n-Bake. I'll have to try it.

Back