How do you determine your make up?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Do you match your shirt? Your shoes? Handbag? Or do you stay neutral?

What are your tips?

I do complimentary colors or if i am wearing a shirt with lots of different colors I will pick up one color out of it. Like men do with their ties. So say I'm wearing purple, I will do bronze/gold eyes. Plus it depends on mood, do I want to clash it or  match it. LOL

I really have no reasoning to my makeup for daily wear. Since I work in a corporate environment I usually stay pretty neutral. If I feel a little frisky I'll add some pinks! lol. On the weekends though, I like to wear colors that bring out the little details in my outfit. For instance, if I'm wearing a black dress and hot pink shoes, I'll do a hot pink smokey eye! 

It ENTIRELY depends on my mood! As far as matching my clothes....well, 90% of what I wear is either black or leopard, so..... I do try to avoid red lipstick if I'm carrying a pink purse, at least.

I do the same boring thing for work every day, which is brown shimmery eyeshadow, mascara, and light lip gloss. 

On the weekends, if I'm going out I'm obsessed with glitter. I usually match it to something in my outfit.

I'm pretty boring too--I just wear the same neutral makeup every day. If I have time on the weekends to play around, the colors I choose depend on the clothes I'm wearing

Sometimes I decide how I want to do my makeup and pick out an outfit to go with it. Sometimes it's the other way aorund. I could probably wear pretty much anything to work but I usually go for a neutral eye or a gray smokey eye. 

I have so much make up that everyday is like going into a candy store. Most of the time I will match what I'm wearing but that's always my rule. I kinda just do whatever I feel like doing. I have a lot of make up that I bought in the UK and I haven't even used yet so I try and use something new at least once a week. I rarely do the same look twice. Even if its different colors I may use a different technique or something like that. I really liked the look I did today so I decided I'm going to do it more often.

First part of picking my makeup of the day is, does my outfit look better with black or brown. If it's black then i do a more fun or smokey eye depending on my mood. If it's brown (which doesn't happen often) i do a natural eye.

Latest posts

Back