How do you manage your wardrobe??

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello girls!

Just one little question.

How do you manage your wardrobe? How do you organise it?

Any tips? I live in a tiny apartment and just have 1 wardrobe for myself.

It takes me ages to find anything.

Hi and Welcome to MUT. I am Marisol from San Francisco and look forward to getting to know you.

On to your question - I have a tiny closet so twice a year, I store all the clothes that I don't wear that I still want to keep in storage. For example, in a few weeks, I will be taking out my summer/fall clothes and putting away my winter/spring outfits that I know I wont wear in the upcoming months. I find that it is easier to do it that way and I have more room in my already tiny closet. I don't put my clothes in any certain order just pants together, tops together, and so on and so forth.

HTH!

Oh boy... I need some organization ! LOL I have a 14 ft. long closet and a 6 drawer dresser... and I still need more room!
icon_redface.gif
I don't put my clothes away for seasons... so I'm sure that has a lot to do with it... but I have one half long sleeves & jackets, the other half short sleeves, tank tops & summer stuff. The dresser mainly is t-shirts and shorts... the bottom of the closet I have Rubbermaid containers of Shoes, jeans & sweaters.
redface.gif

I share my closet with my bf (thank god it's a walkin though!) and I have three rods for me. The top one is shirts (any kind), the other are like sweater/jackets, and the bottom one is pants. I color coordinate the shirts, sweaters and jackets. And my jeans I coordinate them by the ones I wear most often in the front. I hang everything. We don't have and drawers or stuff like that, so I stack our stuff. Like my gym sweats in one pile, pajama pants in another, and gym shirts/bum around shirets in another pile. And my undergarments and socks are just in a laundry basket. lol.

I have my own closet with 2 rods on one side a shelf in the middle and 1 longer rod on the other side. On one side is shirts, below that are jeans and pants. The middle has misc. stuff and on the other side are business clothes for work. Below that all the way across is a two level shoe rack. It is Full, so in front of it I keep what wont fit on the rack. Also my dh and I both have our own chest of drawers. That's where I keep undergarments, shorts, tshirts, sweaters, swimsuits, scarfs, gloves and pj's. I'm so frustrated with my clothes. They don't fit the same since I had my daughter. I lost all the weight but I need to get rid of it all and start over.

& Welcome to MuT Anitars! Glad you found us & decided to post.
smile.gif

I struggle w/my clothing storage everyday. Like Janelle, I have a 6-drawer dresser, but my closet is only 10 ft. It's something I manage try to deal w/by keeping only the things I constantly use. If it doesn't fit, or if I think I might lose weight & fit into later, I get rid of it by donating or selling on ebay.

I bought a tie-organizer & put all my belts on it & need to get one for scarves. I also have a storage rod that has shelves to store my denim & other casual pants. Additionally, I have one like that for my shoes & try to keep my shoes to a minimum. However, the best investment I made was a clothes doubling rod--my tops & some skirts are on the bottom rod, while my jackets/skirts hang from the top rod. I found that buying skirt/shirt hangers can free up space as well.

3592.jpg
19960.jpg
15097.jpg

ETA: I like hangars like #1 & 3 the best. I hate cheap plastic hangars & investing in some like these will stretch make your clothes look & last longer.
BasicNatHardwoodHangers_xl.jpg

I have one closet and 2 drawers in our dresser. The closet is partly organized, with similar items of clothes next to each other: dresses and skirts, dress pants, jeans and khakis, dress shirts, casual shirts and t-shirts. My belts are looped through a hanger at the end of the clothes rod. I keep most of my shoes in their boxes (my old roommates thought that was weird, but I learned it from my mom!) so I can stack the boxes in the bottom and the few loose shoes can sit on top or beside them. If you do that, just make sure you don't close the lid on a box for at least 24 hours after you wear the shoes -- I once wore some shoes in the rain and then shut them in the box, and they developed an awful mold smell I was never able to get rid of
frown.gif

In one drawer I have all my socks, underwear, pajamas, stuff like that. In the other drawer I currently have sweaters and tank-tops to layer with, and under the bed in storage boxes I currently have my summer clothes -- I will be swapping those out any day now, it's been in the 60's and sometimes 70's most days here now
biggrin.gif

We also have a coat closet in our apartment which helps a lot -- my winter coats would take up so much space in the little closet I used to have in my dorm room!

If I didn't have those under-the-bed boxes I don't know what I'd do -- take over hubby's closet I guess!
wink.gif
(He'd probably just keep his clothes in the laundry bin if he could! lol)

I had terrible closet space my entire life until a few years ago when my husband & I bought our first home together. I took one bedroom and turned it into a huge closet. I called the east coast version of California Closet Co. and they came in and measured, drew up some ideas and I now have one bedroom that is simply a walk-in closet that I share with my husband. It depends what materials you choose for building, and it can get pricey, so I stayed on the modest, inexpensive side and just chose plain construction. Of course, shop-a-holic that I am, I've used up all my space and I really have to get rid of stuff now because I'm jammed packed. My husband teases me about my addiction all the time.

So I know what its like to live in a small space and now I don't know how I did it. But keep in mind at least having a small closet prevents you from buying too much stuff. (well, sometimes...)
icon_redface.gif

Originally Posted by Amethyst I had terrible closet space my entire life until a few years ago when my husband & I bought our first home together. I took one bedroom and turned it into a huge closet. I called the east coast version of California Closet Co. and they came in and measured, drew up some ideas and I now have one bedroom that is simply a walk-in closet that I share with my husband. It depends what materials you choose for building, and it can get pricey, so I stayed on the modest, inexpensive side and just chose plain construction. Of course, shop-a-holic that I am, I've used up all my space and I really have to get rid of stuff now because I'm jammed packed. My husband teases me about my addiction all the time.
So I know what its like to live in a small space and now I don't know how I did it. But keep in mind at least having a small closet prevents you from buying too much stuff. (well, sometimes...)
icon_redface.gif

Having a small closet never kept me from buying more stuff, lol! However it does force me to throw out or give away old, ill-fitting, or out-of-style clothes when I do buy new things, and that can't be a bad thing!
biggrin.gif

If I don't wear something for about a year - I chuck it....cause I'll never wear it.

Latest posts

Back