how do you pronounce STILA?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i just saw miss congeniality 2 and she pronounced it "st-eela" but when i was at sephora once, the MA pronounced it "st-eye-la". how is it pronounced?

I always thought it was "Style-a"
icon_neutral.gif
(or st-eye-la - same thing)

According to countless SAs, MAs & tv interviews w/founder Jeanine Lobell it's Steeluh, but Trisha would know best.

Originally Posted by keaLoha According to countless SAs, MAs & tv interviews w/founder Jeanine Lobell it's Steeluh. Really!?!? Wow... I've been saying it wrong all along!
icon_redface.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Really!?!? Wow... I've been saying it wrong all along!
icon_redface.gif
me, too! in one of her interviews posted online or maybe on her website? i don't remember, but she said she got the name from style, just making it a little different, so that's why i thought the MA was right.

I've seen several TV interviews w/her & the interviewers have acknowledged it as Steeluh & were never corrected. Plus, all the SAs I've ever spoken to called it Steeluh as well.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by keaLoha I've seen several TV interviews w/her & the interviewers have acknowledged it as Steeluh & were never corrected. Plus, all the SAs I've ever spoken to called it Steeluh as well.
wink.gif
thank you! i'll take your word for it
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Jennifer i just saw miss congeniality 2 and she pronounced it "st-eela" but when i was at sephora once, the MA pronounced it "st-eye-la". how is it pronounced? How was it? It has gotten some mixed reviews.

Originally Posted by Trisha It is infact Stee-la, its pronounced that way by Jeanine and everyone at our head office (which includes some USA'ers!)
Jeanine came up with the name from the Italian word stilare, meaning to pen or write. This is because she wanted the MU and the service we offer to be as individual as a persons signature/writing.

T xx

ah, thanks for sharing! that's so weird because in my post before, i read somewhere she got the name from "stila", a different way of saying "style". you know better than them, though
biggrin.gif

marisol, the movie was okay, but not worth the $10.50 ticket. to rent for $3, that's fine.

Originally Posted by Jennifer marisol, the movie was okay, but not worth the $10.50 ticket. to rent for $3, that's fine. Was the first one better?

YES, TRISHA, THAT'S WHERE I READ IT!

Originally Posted by keaLoha Was the first one better? i think the 1st one was okay, too. they're the same. i just think there shouldn't have been a miss congeniality 2.

That's good to know. I kinda liked the 1st one, but was sketchy about seeing the 2nd. I guess I'll catch a matinee & not pay full price. Plus, Enrique Murciano's in it.
wink.gif

Weird.. what is up with the Italian derived names? Benefit is also the exact same thing! Jean and Jane, the twins that founded the company, went to Italy and everyone was saying , "Bene, bene" which means "good". When thinking of a new name for the company, they were like, "Bene".. good.. Umm.. "Bene-fit", meaning "Good Fit" . Weird!

Latest posts

Back