How do you think make up style should change as you age?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
laughing.gif

It depends on how much your face changes over time. I can imagine that once I get wrinkles, I might not be able to use powder foundation anymore because it can set into wrinkels. Or many older ladies have less fuller lips, so I perhaps I will stop putting the attention to my lips. It all depends on your features. There are no real rules.

I believe using less makeup as you age might be best
smile.gif
I personally won't want my makeup settling in my lines..LOL

I dont like wearing super bright colors anymore. I do wear color but toned down and not scary.

When I worked at Benefit I kinda specialized in makeup for "Older" Women. It really depends on the individual and what they feel comfortable in. There are no steadfast rules because everyone ages differently.

-If you have crepey eyelids, you should avoid glittery shadows, they make you look more wrinkley.

-If you have wrinkled lips or small lips....avoid heavy or dark lipsticks. They settle into lines and make your lips look older

-Get a good highlighter!! It will restore the glow to the skin and reflect light away from wrinkles and lines.

-With eyeliner....less is more. Go with grey or brown, avoid heavy black.

-If you can avoid foundation....do it!! Try tinted moisturizer it gives more glow and won't settle into lines ;like powder or foundation.

Good tips Amanda! Yeah...I'm over 40 and I just think I'd look ridiculous in those sparkly, overly glittery shadows and liners that are out. I DO wear shimmer sometimes, but not heavily and I use eyeliner lightly.

whatever you feel ocmfortable with should be your rule. though i noticed these past few months i go less bold than before.

Really good tips Bene. I agree that things shouldn't be so bright as you age. I saw a woman at the mall. She must have been 75-80 years old. She was wearing the brightest blue eyeshadow I'd ever seen. She was wearing foundation that was going into her wrinkles. It wasn't pleasant. I won't even start about what she was wearing. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I don't do glittery anymore. I still wear the same colors only toned down a bit. Nothing bright. more muted colors. I also go for a little shimmer but nothing more.

We all lose colour from our lips as we age. I actually think that the one thing that older women can wear beautifully is a strong lipstick. Even women in their 60s and beyond often look great in it, as long as it's not too frosted or sparkly. As I head further into my 30s I find myself playing my eyes up less and my lips up more and I love graphic red lipstick. I also feel I'm mature enough now to feel confident carrying off such a bold look!

As an African American woman under 30, I don't think my makeup will change that much as I age. I look at my mom who is 63 and her skin is beautiful no wrinkles around her lips or eyes. I try to take care of my skin/face so that I can age gracefully too...

I'm only 28 now, but I noticed that lately I tend to focus more on my skin, wanting it to look flawless and glowing. As for makeup, I tend to go more for a natural look and wear alot less makeup than before. I don't think I can pull off the colorful face anymore, too bad.

Really, if you are happy and have a healthy body, you can get away with most any look you want.

Originally Posted by kaville /img/forum/go_quote.gif Good tips Amanda! Yeah...I'm over 40 and I just think I'd look ridiculous in those sparkly, overly glittery shadows and liners that are out. I DO wear shimmer sometimes, but not heavily and I use eyeliner lightly. ditto for me. now i really try to go for a more natural look. when i was younger i want to look made up.

Latest posts

Back