How do you tweak your lip color?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i realize that many people are able to find the perfect shade of lipstick or gloss, i'm just not one of them! lol~ i carry a carefully plotted selection of pencils, lipsticks and glosses to get the shade i want. this is my current routine:

1. prescriptives lip balm

2. milani lip pencil in red velvet

3. tropez pencil in buttered rum to line

4. mac viva glam VI lipstick with a lip brush

5. blot

6. maybelline moisture whip in peach mocha

after my coffee in the morning i refresh with mac viva glam VI gloss. it may seem like a lot but i love the color i get and wear it almost everyday.

I like to put a lipstain underneath my lip color so when it wears off there is still some color.

I just mix whatever lippy i fancy that day with a teeny bit of lip balm or gloss on the back of my hand, makes it go on easier with a lipbrush.

Or just use a coloured lipgloss.

Hi,

I still love the Viva Glam series. As far as lipcolor goes, whatever I'm feeling that day.

I usually just put some vaseline on my lips and then a lipstick or lipgloss to go along with the rest of the makeup I'm wearing. lol.

i'm always changing it up. different liners, lipsticks, glosses, etc

Originally Posted by TenaE /img/forum/go_quote.gif I like to put a lipstain underneath my lip color so when it wears off there is still some color. Oo that's a good idea! What brands of lip stain do you use?

Whoa Monnie...your like a chemist or something..LOL

I am not the layering type. I put a bit of liner and gloss or lipstick. That's it.

I've gotten REALLY bad about only using MK Metallic Lipliner, MAC Honey Moon Lipstick, and NARS Striptease Lipgloss... It gives me such a wonderful YLBB look!

However, I do use a variety of lippies overall. It's just whatever suits my fancy that day
smile.gif

Depends on how the rest of my makeup looks that day. I tend to match the lipcolor with how the e/s looks. But it's soooo hard to get the perfect shade in a lipstick or lipgloss for me. Either it's too sheer, or it's too matte, too bright, and so on. I always line my lips, then a lipstick, layer on a lighter color if it's too bright and then a layer of lipglass or gloss. Gives me nice, pouty lips!!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by StereoXGirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif I usually just put some vaseline on my lips and then a lipstick or lipgloss to go along with the rest of the makeup I'm wearing. lol. vaseline? but wouldn't that look greasy?

Originally Posted by Aquilah /img/forum/go_quote.gif I've gotten REALLY bad about only using MK Metallic Lipliner, MAC Honey Moon Lipstick, and NARS Striptease Lipgloss... It gives me such a wonderful YLBB look!
However, I do use a variety of lippies overall. It's just whatever suits my fancy that day
smile.gif

so what lol sometimes you have to keep things simplelike kim kardashian...she almost always has on nude gloss but it's like her MU trademark...it somehow works for her

i actually switch up my lip color often though...i have fun making everything coordinate with my blush and eye MU

it depends on my look and mood that day.

normally just gloss...lipsticks look weird on me.

sometimes if i do a smoky eye i put a little foundation on my lips to lighten them followed by a low shine gloss.

but lately ive been into lip plumpers in a clear gloss form.

they bring a little more color to my lips naturally and have shine...

I just decide on a lipstick based on my other makeup for the day.

Occassionally I will use lipliner, but I usually just use lipstick or lipgloss.

Sometimes I will layer lipsticks to lighten a dark lipstick.

And I apply chapstick throughout the day, so that kind of lightens the color as well.

I totally thought this was going to be about a lippie I'd never heard of called Tweak.

I'm in a phase where I like lipgloss that's a little sheer - matte color makes me feel clowny. I'll use liner with it if I'm going for a more formal look, and I'll layer different colors for fun. Most often I like my bottom lip to look wetter than the top.

Love Revlon's gloss and with it came in more colors. Love MAC's Lipglass buit wish the tubes were bigger or the price was lower!

I sometimes mix lip liner with lipstick to get the colour i want.

Latest posts

Back