How long does it take you to get ready in the morning?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It typically takes me about 15-20 minutes to get ready in the morning. On a daily basis, I do eyebrows, blush, mascara, under eye concealer, and lip balm. If I have extra time, I'll put on eyeshadow and eyeliner.

If we're talking from waking up to in my car ready to leave- 1 hour, maybe more or less. I like to shower in the morning. I only shower at night if I'm just flat out gross. I just really enjoy starting my day with a shower, so that's about 10-15 minutes. Makeup for me takes awhile. I am extremely particular about lines and shapes, I swear I'm OCD. My eyeliner and mascara alone take 15 minutes. Don't judge me! We won't even discuss my brows... If I'm going to work that day I just do my makeup there. I can't tell you how wonderful it is to pick and choose whatever you want to wear that day. I don't do much with my hair, just some oil and mousse and let it air dry on my way to work. I do save time by laying out what I'll wear and accessories the night before.

Slinka, I take about 2-2.5 hours regularly as well!

At times, 3-4 [hours] because I am a part-time model, so it really all depends on whether or not I am working that day. On days when I'm not washing my hair (I wash it every 3 days), I'll take a 10-15 minute shower in the morning. On hair-wash days, I shower the night before so I can wash, blow-dry, and flat-iron my massive head of hair. In my work I really enjoy wearing various outrageous and colorful wigs, so hair-styling on work-days isn't really a problem; where I spend most of my time getting ready is my skincare routine and my makeup (makeup alone-45min+; skincare alone-45 min+). To shorten the mornings I put together my entire look the night before; that includes my makeup look, accessories, outfit, shoes, wig, and anything else I need.

I am seriously boggled by some of you guys! If I took 2 hours to get ready in the morning, I would be getting up at 5am Monday through Friday! Not only that, but I wouldn't even know what to do for that long!!

I'm working full time now, so my morning routine isn't the same as when I made this thread almost a year ago (I was a full time student then)...but here's what my morning looks like:

6:25 - Alarm goes off/Wake up

6:30 - Get out of bed and make coffee while I get dressed (I pick my outfits out the night before)

6:35-6:45 - Drink my coffee, do my hair (which often just entails taking off my sleeping cap since I often style my hair the night before), check Facebook/email etc

6:45 - Put whatever makeup I'm gonna wear that day on, finish coffee if I've gotten distracted

6:55 - Gather my things and head out the door to get to the bus stop before the bus comes at 7:05/7:06

So my entire morning process from the moment I wake up to the time I'm out the door is about 35 minutes, and that includes at least 10 minutes of leisure because I hate feeling rushed. If I wanted to, I could get up later and not take as much time as I do, but that just wouldn't start my day out right.

on a normal day about 3 minutes, but I'm doing it with kids hanging off my leg or asking me where their shoes are every 20 secs so that speeds it up

My mom *always* put her makeup on in the car and so I grew up thinking that was what everyone's mom did! I don't know how the woman does it..trust me, I've tried. It was terrifying.

I think it depends on the day but anywhere from 15-1 hour for me.

15 minute days:

>wake up look at my phone and say holy crap i have to leave in 15 minutes

>brush teeth decide if hair needs to be dry shampooed (if no, up in a bun it goes. if yes, spray spray spray let settle)

>wash face with water

>decide if its a day where i need make up if no: put some clothes on and look at MUT even though I should probably take the time to look more put together

>if yes: slap on some BB cream real quick, UD 24/7 liquid liner (probably will look uneven and will probably convince myself in the bathroom that no one will notice then freak out about it for the rest of the day) and mascara

>if hair was dry shampooed, brush enough to get the white to disappear and to throw in bun 

>probably get distracted by something, mill around my apartment after looking at my phone and say "damn! I did this in 10 minutes??", then proceed to spend the next 7-8 minutes doing nothing and then realizing the time then power walking to class/work.

Okay so I timed myself this morning and I was up at 6 and out the door at 9.  Now, that included walking the dog twice, playing with the cat and the dog for a few minutes, feeding the cat and the dog, talking to my DD for a few minutes, taking a shower, getting everything together to take to work, some quiet reflection time for myself/prayer time, doing a 15 minute face mask, doing my hair and my makeup, quickly reading the news, checking the weather report and checking MuT.   Those activities did not necessarily happen in the order I listed them.  

Quote: Originally Posted by makeitupasigo /img/forum/go_quote.gif

And this is why moms are the heroes of makeup
biggrin.gif

The problem is I need it so much more now... lack of sleep means dark circles under eyes, my skin tone is much more pallid than it used to be etc! 
doze.gif

The problem is I need it so much more now... lack of sleep means dark circles under eyes, my skin tone is much more pallid than it used to be etc!  :doze:
Poor thing. My aunt lives just up the road from us and has 4 kids, the youngest two being twin 4 years olds so every morning I walk up there and watch them while she has "mommy time". Wish I could offer the same to you!

Usually I will take about 15-20 min to put my toner, moisturizer and serum. Besides that, I will daily exfoliate my lips before I apply my makeup. I also wear minimum makeup to work, since I'm not meeting any clients or customer. My makeup usually consists of tinted moisturizer, concealer, matte powder, eyebrows and lipstick, that's all :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Latest posts

Back