How long does it take you to get ready in the morning?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So ladies (and gents), 

How long does it take you to get ready in the morning?

I'm pretty low maintenance, and I usually only take about 10-15 minutes to get ready once I actually drag myself out of bed.

I shower at night, so that cuts off a lot of time, and my hair takes no more than 2 minutes max, and my makeup is super simple (just primer/BB cream after moisturizing, foundation, concealer and translucent powder) and takes me about 4 minutes (I timed it today, just to be sure)...so the rest of the time is spent picking out what I'm going to wear, getting water/coffee and something to eat, and putting what I need for class in the bag I'm bringing.

What about you?

Since I assume we're only talking about the part of getting ready that has to do with beauty rituals, it takes me roughly 20 minutes. Maybe a few minutes longer if I'm doing something with my hair but sometimes I just brush it! But yeah, for makeup I'll give myself around 15-20 minutes.

lol most of my time is wasted just trying to get up in the first place, I always press snooze. excluding that, it probably takes me ~20 minutes to get ready.

I sleep with my hair in a bun so it doesn't get tangled, and I usually have a general idea of what I'm going to wear the night before. It probably takes me like 10-15 minutes to do my makeup--eyeshadow, gel liner, cleaning my brushes, and applying tinted moisturizer. if I eat breakfast, it's usually something like a hot pocket :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />.

45 minutes to 1 hour; including showering, drying and styling hair and applying makeup.

About 30 mins but on Sundays for church, almost an hour and a half. Im always changing eyeshadow color or what foundation to wear until the last second. Plus, I'm just slow for some odd reason.

As long as time permits. If I'm in a hurry, I'll just put on foundation, concealer, mascara, blush, lipstick and powder, so it takes me about 5 minutes for the makeup only--I also need a couple of minutes beforehand to wash my face and put some moisturizer and eye cream on.

If I get up earlier, I usually add eyeshadow and liner, so it takes me 15 minutes to do my makeup.

Sometimes I'll go bare-faced because of no time, and other times I do my makeup at work.

45 min to an hour... It just depends on the day. This doesn't include breakfast just the beauty/hygiene routine. I hate mornings though..
sunshine.gif
sleeping.gif
nunu.gif

45 minutes? 30 minutes to get out of bed and then 15 to get dressed and put minimal makeup on.

If I'm just going to class, I can do a simple daytime make-up in < 20 minutes or so. Plus hair and outfit, it only takes 30 min. But I tend to go a bit overboard when I'm going out and I know I'll have my picture taken or be in a public place. The whole process from showering to getting dressed can take me two hours and sometimes three. I just get so into it and I have an awesome playlist of songs that I get ready to so time just flies. 

It depends. I usually shower at night, so if I do my hair then it only takes me about 20 minutes in the morning. If I just blow dry it the night before and straighten it in the morning, it takes about 35-40.

Approximately 20-30 minutes, if you include bathroom neccesities & getting dressed. The actual beauty routine takes about 5 minutes. The longest part is letting my moisturizer sink in properly before primer and foundation. Daily I only use primer, foundation, concealer, blush, face powder, brow powder & highlighter. Seems like alot but the 1st things I listed take about 2-3 minutes to apply.

Getting ready for work, it takes me about 40 minutes to one hour for hair and makeup.    I work in a place where my face is highly visible so I need to make sure that I look put together and wide awake :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  Weekends it takes me 20 :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> unless I am going out then it takes me an hour
rolleyes.gif

OMG you people are so fast. I am so jealous. I HATE mornings so from out of bed to out the door is an hour to hour and a half,but that includes coffee, taking the dog out etc. actual getting dressed and beauty routine 45 min. I need to figure out how to do it faster because I NEED more sleep

I get easily distracted. So I usually give myself an hour for the morning ritual. Makeup is the last thing I do, so whatever my time frame happens to be, I use it. Sometimes that means a cheek stain, eyebrows, mascara and lipgloss. Other times it means the whole thing... foundation, powder, blush/stain, concealer, eyebrows, eyeshadow, eyeliner, lipliner, lipstick and mascara. And other times, I sit down to to do makeup and sorta space out (not good at mornings) until it's too late to put anything on and need to run out the door. 

I usually take my time and spend 30 to 45 mins. When I am running late it is cut down to 10 mins

Wow you girls are quick. What in the world am I doing? If I'm gonna shower I need minimum an hour and a half, I'd feel more comfortable with 2-2 1/2 hours. This is if I am going out to an event. Like tonight I am going to a brew pub with my husband and brother and our friends. I am going to give myself between 55 min and 1 hour to do my hair (blow dry & flat iron), do my makeup (I'll do all the whole face), and get dressed. I'm planning on wearing black leggings, a purple fallish looking dress, and some type of cardigan.

Sometimes when I plan out time to start getting ready I forget how long it takes to transition. Meaning I forget it takes me time to actually get out of the shower and get my clothes and get dressed.. and I forget it takes me time to get my keys and things to get out the door.

For work in the AM I shower the night before, put my hair in a bun at night and just pull it down and brush it. Sometimes I'll put it up if it's gonna be very humid out or is raining. I'll brush my teeth, use the restroom, throw my clothes on and do everything else in the car. Meaning makeup, putting on jewelry, perfume, figuring out my hair. I have some health problems so I sometimes just find it really difficult to get out of bed in the morning and I sleep till the last possible minute.

If I'm feeling okay and don't need to rush I'm happy with 30 minutes extra in the morning. I never eat breakfast on the way out the door. I always eat a breakfast bar or energy bar on the way to work or at work. 

I'll also get coffee on the way to work.

I get up at 6 a.m. and I'm out the door by 6:15 a.m. to catch the bus. I shower at night after work because shower and hair takes 30 to 45 minutes. I don't wear make up to work, except lip stick and nail polish, so I don't have a get ready routine before work except get dressed and throw my lunch in my purse. Edited: Forgot comb my hair and brush my teeth. I think searching for my shoes and socks takes longer than anything else.

It depends.

On work days, I'm usually in 10 minutes. I just get dressed, brush my teeth/hair, and get out of the door.

If I'm going out to the mall or something, it usually takes about 15-20 minutes. I pick out my outfit, put on foundation/lipstick/mascara/perfume, and I'm out of the door.

Latest posts

Back