How long to do hair and makeup?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Exactly! and besides, we're worth the wait.
icon_wink.gif
right?

Originally Posted by Amethyst My husband is always complaining I take too long to get ready.
icon_razz.gif
Don't they all?
wink.gif

It takes me about an hour to get ready if I shower, do make-up, and wear my hair curly (which means that I let it airdry). If I straighten my hair, add about 30 minutes to my routine. Lucky for me, I like less than a mile away from work and school so I don't have to waste time in my commute.

Originally Posted by girl_geek Don't they all?
wink.gif
my bf always tells me I take too long... I can solve that problem with a buzzer in 5 min... then we'll see how much he likes my new 'time saving' look! LOL
icon_cheesygrin.gif

It takes me 10-15 to curl my hair either jumbo rollers or 1 1/2" curling iron. And about 15 min for a full m/u face. 30 minutes tops! Even if I took a little longer, my DH doesn't even complain! He knows better. My routine is actually quick compared to the other girls that I know.

I feel the same way as Trisha, I enjoy getting ready so I don't mind how long it takes!
icon_biggrin.gif

If it's a hair washing day, it takes me a lot longer to get ready; an hour for hair alone--blowdry, flat iron, fuss with it. If it's not a hair washing day, I just touch it up with a flat or curling iron which takes about 15 to 20 minutes. For work I wear it in a casual, messy updo almost all the time so that saves time if I'm really in a hurry. My makeup generally takes 20 minutes, unless I'm trying something new then I'm very sloooow and methodical! Getting dressed is super quick, I wear scrubs so I don't have to worry about coordinating outfits. Oh, and I must have my cup of tea while I check my email.

So, I do have to get up pretty early! The further you try to get from your natural state, the longer it takes! And I'm trying to get pretty darn far! Oh well...
icon_smile.gif

Originally Posted by glamslam I feel the same way as Trisha, I enjoy getting ready so I don't mind how long it takes!
icon_biggrin.gif

If it's a hair washing day, it takes me a lot longer to get ready; an hour for hair alone--blowdry, flat iron, fuss with it. If it's not a hair washing day, I just touch it up with a flat or curling iron which takes about 15 to 20 minutes. For work I wear it in a casual, messy updo almost all the time so that saves time if I'm really in a hurry. My makeup generally takes 20 minutes, unless I'm trying something new then I'm very sloooow and methodical! Getting dressed is super quick, I wear scrubs so I don't have to worry about coordinating outfits. Oh, and I must have my cup of tea while I check my email.

So, I do have to get up pretty early! The further you try to get from your natural state, the longer it takes! And I'm trying to get pretty darn far! Oh well...
icon_smile.gif

Oh ... I'm jealous! I've always wanted a job where I had to wear scrubs!!! LOL No hassle in getting dressed, and you're wearing something so comfy it's like going to work in PJ's and sneakers.... LUCKY!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I wish I could make myself get up early enough to do something nice with my makeup. I usually end up waking up too late, and I end up doing a rush job... my usual "blah" look for work takes about 10 minutes, which includes doing almost nothing with my hair (just running a brush through and pulling it back in a ponytail).

When I go out to dinner or something, though, I take 45 minutes at least!

If it's a curly hair day, then I shower and then add some product and scrunch over the course of the morning so my hair takes like 10 min. including the shower. Straight hair days...well if I blow dry and flat iron, that takes about 45 minutes, but I usually do blow dry the night before or even sleep on it and just iron the next morning which is about 15 minutes.

Makeup...I can do 5 min for a full face (I don't do anything fancy like a lot of you!) 10 min. if I'm doing eyeliner and a couple different shadows...

Then there's the mornings like this one where it takes 1 min. to pop the contacts in b/c I'm not doing ANYTHING today!
icon_lol.gif

if i straighten my hair it takes me like 2 hrs i initially flat iron then wait awhile then redo it cus i like it better the second time.

if it's a curlyday it still takes me an hour and a half to get ready since i like my hair to dry naturally while i do my make up and that seems to take forever even though i have a routine down. (this is why i don't put make up on everyday lol)

Originally Posted by Anya1976 if i straighten my hair it takes me like 2 hrs i initially flat iron then wait awhile then redo it cus i like it better the second time.
if it's a curlyday it still takes me an hour and a half to get ready since i like my hair to dry naturally while i do my make up and that seems to take forever even though i have a routine down. (this is why i don't put make up on everyday lol)

Dayum! That is a long time! Thankfully, if I am going curly for the day, my hair air dries pretty fast.

Originally Posted by Marisol Dayum! That is a long time! Thankfully, if I am going curly for the day, my hair air dries pretty fast. i can wash myhair in the morning and it will still be damp close to my scalp in the late afternoon. (that's drying naturallycurly)

On a day I blow dry and style my hair straight it takes about 45 minutes for my to do hair and make-up.

Curly hair days, scrunch in some product (I try new ones all the time) and go, subtract 15-20 minutes.

Deciding what to wear is what takes me the longest. I used to wear a lab coat over everything, so I could get away with a lot. Now I'm in a corporate setting and I really have to think about my outfits.

It depends. I usually just do my makeup. That can take me like 20-40 minutes. when/if i do my hair, it's flat ironing it. but i haven't dont that in a long time. and that takes like 30-45 minutes.

Originally Posted by charms23 For me, my hair doesn't take long at all! I just put John Frieda cream, put it in a ponytail, and take it out when it's dry. my makeup, however, is a different issue. It takes me about 20 minutes to pick the colors I want and apply it. Longer, if there's a special occasion. oh yea it takes me forever to pick out colors too lol i will sit there staring at them not knowing what to use. (like tonight i have no idea what to use for tonight)

I usually takes me about an hour - 30 minutes for my hair, 30 minutes for my makeup. I'm just pokey, though.
biggrin.gif

You know, I ought to change my vote ... lately I've been taking more time with the eye makeup, and I bought a concealor brush and have been taking more time hiding those undereye circles! Now my makeup takes 15-20 minutes every day
icon_redface.gif
However my latest hair cut usually only takes 15 minutes to blowdry and style so that's nice
smile.gif

And Elise, I know what you mean about long hair. I use to have long hair that I would just wash at night and let air-dry and that was it! But I got so sick of my long hair, so now I've got a shoulder-length layered cut where I flip out the ends, and I love it! I think it also helps me look a little older and a little less like a college student, it seems like most sorority girls around here have that long (usually dyed) blonde hair!

Originally Posted by girl_geek And Elise, I know what you mean about long hair. I use to have long hair that I would just wash at night and let air-dry and that was it! But I got so sick of my long hair, so now I've got a shoulder-length layered cut where I flip out the ends, and I love it! I think it also helps me look a little older and a little less like a college student, it seems like most sorority girls around here have that long (usually dyed) blonde hair!

i had reallylong dyed blonde hair at one time lol well my hair is naturally blonde but it's a dark blonde now. so i lightened it but i was NEVER like those annoying chicks (but it takes forever for me to do myhair since i do NOT like to blow dry my hair i like it to dry naturally the only heat that touches my hair is from the flat iron and i dont even do that much.)

Hey, I wasn't trying to insult anyone who does have long dyed blonde hair (or is in a sorority!), I've just noticed that that seems to be a very common look among the undergrads here!
wink.gif

Back