How long to do hair and makeup?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
depends. if i feel like dolling up that day, i spend about 30 mins on hair and 30 mins on makeup. but on normal days, it's 20 mins hair and 10 mins makeup.

I usually need half an hour to complete my make up and just 5-10 minutes for hair, since I like it tied all the way back most of the time =D

It used to take me FOREVER to do my makeup, when I did it, that is. I've been getting a lot faster seeings how the past two weeks or so, I've been doing it every morning. I do it a kind of JRock visual kei style, which used to take forever, but now it only takes me like...15 minutes. I usually don't do much to my hair, though.

5 minutes in total. My hair is naturaly straight (oh lucky me:p) and is about 2 inches all over so i literally don't touch it and the rest is makeup. I learnt to do my makeup on my bus journey to college so time was of the essence.

My boyfriend used to time me and boast to his friends about how fast we could leave the house for dinner :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I do enjoy getting ready, so I can take as long as I want if I'm just playing around.  However, with two small children and a usually busy schedule, it's rare that I get to spend too much time getting ready. 

I wake up in the morning and shower first thing, then let my hair air dry while I'm doing other things (cooking breakfast, getting the girls ready, cleaning, etc.).  My hair is just past my shoulders and very fine and thin.  It's really frizzy, so I could never leave the house with it just air dried.  As long as it has 30+ minutes to air dry, it's basically dried - I hit it with a blow dryer for <5 minutes to finish it off, and then take about 5 minutes or so to run my flat iron over it to make it super straight.  So no more than 10 minutes total on hair.

My make up is the same basic routine, so I can be pretty fast with it as well.  Moisturize/eye cream straight from the shower.  After blow dryer but before flat iron, I do BB Cream, Benetint on my cheeks, setting powder, UDPPP, tightline my upper lids, 2-3 shadows from my Naked 1, one coat of mascara and I'm good to go.  I can get it done as quickly as 10 minutes, or really drag it out if it's a special occasion and I'm adding some extras (shading, bronzer, fancy eyes, etc.). 

So if I'm in a super hurry, I can get out of the bathroom after 20 minutes and still be 'done'. I selected 30-35 on the poll just because it's nice to take a little time and not be rushed (and also because the kids are likely to interrupt me for something during that time!). 

I'd say its 20 minutes on hair (drying, styling) and 20 on make-up. When I do this, I always get compliments, so it makes a difference. I have to put contacts in as well and those sometimes don't want to cooperate!!

It takes me about 8 minutes to do full makeup because im so used to my face and about an hour and a half to straighten my hair with a ghd :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  yes i suck with hair lol

Latest posts

Back