How long to do hair and makeup?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was just wondering, in a forum full of make-up obsessed girls
wink.gif
how long does it take you all to do your hair and makeup?

I usually spend 10 minutes on makeup (15 if it's a special occasion!), and 15-20 minutes to blowdry and style my hair.

generally only apply brows, mascara, lipstick, loose powder & blush, plus a pony tail totals 10 minutes max. i'm too much of a minimalist.
icon_redface.gif

I spend about 25-35 min on skincare & makeup b/c I'm very sloooow in the morning!

My hair is short, so that only takes about 5 minutes.

I spend about 10 minutes on makeup, but that's if I do any.

If it's the day I wash my hair, then I spend about 10 minutes blowdrying it, and I'm good to go.

well if you ask my DH, he'd say 'quite hee-hawing in front of the mirror & get going' so...if I do the whole thing 'right', it takes about 30'', if it's the short version, 10'' & if I'm on time, i comb my hair, splash my face, & hit the road....if they don't like, they don't hafta look....

for my everyday look, i put my hair up and flat iron my bangs, then it takes about 15-20 minutes to do my makeup. i sometimes take longer on my makeup when i work int he afternoon rather than the morning.

I spend between 30-45 on hair & make-up. I've long hair so it either has to be straightened with my ceramic staightener every day or else i put some mousse in & leave it dry naturally which means curls! Make Up in the mornings takes about 5 minutes these days coz i don't wear eye make up often anymore!

It takes about 30-35 min. to dry my hair when it's mostly wet - when I wash it at night and let it air dry while I sleep - it'll take about 15-20 in the morning... My makeup usually takes about 15 min. probably because I am also half-watching the tv or my pc when I'm doing it... so I'm not FULLY just doing makeup... LOL But some days I'll go out hair wet and back in a pony - and like no makeup - so those days I'm done in 10 min. tops LOL
icon_cool.gif

It takes me a long time! I have really long naturally curly hair that takes forever to dry. When I blowdry it it usually takes around an hour. For the makeup it takes me anywhere from 5 minutes to a half hour depending upon what crazy face I am putting on that day
wink.gif

Would you spend 2hours every morning Trisha
icon_eek.gif
?? What time do you get up at?? I am SO bad at getting up in the mornings so that's why i can only afford to spend 10 minutes doing my make up!
icon_redface.gif

It really depends on what my plans for the day are and how much time I have. Most days it takes about 30 minutes if I just shampoo my hair and put it up in a scrunchy.Since the easystraight fiasco if I want to dry my hair it takes a bit longer than it used to since it's still frizzy and hard to work with. Yesterday I washed my hair and dried it so it looked good and feels soft, today I just pulled it back and used minimal makeup so I was out the door in about 20 minutes. My hair is what takes the longest though.

Hey, by the time it takes me to eat breakfast, shower, brush teeth, wash face, blow-dry hair (my new hair cut takes me a little longer to style than what i used to have), and put on makeup, I take about the same amount of time! Of course I've never been good at taking fast showers, and I always watch TV when I eat breakfast which probably slows me down.... I could probably speed up a little if I tried!
smile.gif

I'll generally spend about 20 minutes when I'm doing my make-up for the day. I agree with Salsabelle about appeareance being a big part of your job if you're a makeup artist or SA. I need to get more into the habit of doing my hair -- usually it's just pulled back.

15-30!

Originally Posted by girl_geek

I was just wondering, in a forum full of make-up obsessed girls
wink.gif
how long does it take you all to do your hair and makeup?
I usually spend 10 minutes on makeup (15 if it's a special occasion!), and 15-20 minutes to blowdry and style my hair.

Originally Posted by Kati_17 It takes me about an hour to dry and straighten my hair. But, normaly I just wash it then throw it up into a messy bun or a ponytail. I spend about 10 for makeup. Thats what I do on my rush days... lately I just can't be bothered blowdrying... I'm getting lazy!
icon_redface.gif

LOL, I'm with Trisha on this one...
icon_redface.gif

For me to get a shower, brush my teeth, getting dressed, putting my contacts in, & make up takes me about 2 hrs. Just doing my makeup is around 30 mins. Doing my hair takes me 5 or 10 mins since I just blow dry it.

Oops - I voted thinking it was just hair only.
icon_redface.gif

For me to be ready from head to toe it takes me about an hour and a half. My hair is the quickest - that takes no more than 15 minutes. My husband is always complaining I take too long to get ready.
icon_razz.gif

Ditto that husband thing. poor husbands, u'de think they'd start to get it and shut up after so long. They do it to themseves!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Latest posts

Back