how long wouldit take to stay out of the sun to get rid of freckles!!!!! i hate freckles!!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i to have freckels and because i am not so pritty everyone buillys me
icon_evil.gif
confused.gif
 and i dont know why they cant ecstep who i am buti still wont to get rid of them coz i think i wouldlook better with out them.

It really depends on your skin. It's a pity people are giving you grief, I think they you are actually quite pretty. If you must though, I'd suggest talking to a dermatologist about the various ways to reduce or remove freckles.

normally, you cannot get rid of freckles.  sorry!  if it is due to sun damage, then you are kind of out of luck.  sun damage is usually irreversible.  there are lightening products you can try or massive procedures you can endure to reduce the appearance of them but they rarely just disappear.  I agree with the above poster that you should go to a dermatologist and see what they say, but you look very young and i'm sure they wouldn't suggest doing anything since your skin is still going through hormonal changes.  It's worth a try, though.

On the superficial side, you can try covering them up with makeup.  There are plenty of brands out there suited for extreme coverage.

I believe they can be laser removed. But, that said, there's nothing wrong with having freckles. Most people think they look cute. Those people bullying you are probably just jealous deep down inside. And although you hate them now, you probably won't even think about them in a few years - you may even be happy you have them!

Is that your picture you used in your avatar?  If so, you have nothing to worry about.  Freckles or not, you are very pretty.  Girls with low self esteem like to trample other girls to make themselves feel better.  Ignore them, show no response and they'll move on to someone else. 

Freckles are generally permanent.  You can wear foundation to cover them but they aren't going to go away with expensive procedures.  If you are being bullied, talk to your mom.  She will be able to help you more than you think or a teacher.  Keeping silent is just going to prolong that bullying because that's what bullies want - for you to stay quiet and take the punishment they are dishing out.  

Freckles have long been thought of as beauty marks! You are beautiful and you need to believe that. Ignoring the bullies won't make them go away. You need help to deal with them but just know that you are not alone. Getting rid of your freckles which isn't really possible without expensive procedures won't make them stop either. likely no matter what you do they will find a way to bug you and hurt you. You need to accept that they are a part of you and something that is uniquely you. You are very pretty and covering them up or trying to change who you are just for other people won't make you happy either. Just be you, freckles and all! You can reduce how many new ones you get by staying out of the sun, wearing sunblock and light but protective clothing every time you go out. The less sun damage less will appear. 

I used to have some freckles but over the last 16 years most of mine have disappeared unless I get sun damage. Unfortunately I have photosensitivity and in the sun this past summer I had a whole lot of new ones form on my skin. I also used to be tortured in school, bullied to the point that I would come home crying every day and I didn't want to go to school anymore. No matter what I did I was never really accepted by other kids. It was cruel and heartless and it was a horrible time for me growing up. I am telling you this so that you know it can get better and that you need to love yourself and get help for it. By your parents, siblings, friends, teachers, counsellors and even therapists. This is the time that you should seek help. Don't wait till you are desperate. 

We don't know each other obviously but I can see a lot of what happened to me happening to you and I will be glad to listen if you need an ear or a sounding board! As will most of our community here! Here you are accepted and supported!

Good luck!

You don't need to remove your freckles! My sister has always been covered in freckles and EVERYONE thinks she is so beautiful (she is), I don't have any freckles and this man once said that my face was boring and the freckles on my sisters face were like a million twinkeling stars across the night sky! lol! Needless to say I was jealous! She made freckles cool and you should do the same!

I think freckles look good, just make sure you protect your skin from the sun, everyday. In the summer I tend to get a few freckles across my nose now (I think it's sun damage) but they fade in the winter.

Just make sure you use lots of sun cream!

Caitlin :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I was self conscious of my freckles also.  But in answer to your question there are many ways to get rid of freckles, but then you have to stay out of the sun.  Retin A, is the best   It is not sold a skin bleacher, BUT IT DOES.   That combined with Obaji (which you can buy at a Dermatologists office or on line), Retin A, (you need a script for) but not Obaji.  You mix the two of them together and it takes about 6 wks and they are completely gone.  I have used it 5 or 6 times, (because I keep stupidly keep going back into the sun) and it works like a charm every time.  It also gets rid of dead skin, you skin is like a baby's afterwards.  Try it IT WILL WORK.  

You are wrong.   I know of several ways to remove freckles, all of which I have tried and they have worked.  But you have to stay out of the sun or they come right back.  Which I didn't do or I wouldn't need to know several way.   Below I have given one way it's the easiest and truly leaves your skin better than before whether you've had freckles or not, but they disappear completely.   You need a dermotologist or doctor to get a script for Retin A.  Its a miracle cream.

SLINKYCATS,   What a beautiful post.   I wish I could have read that years ago when I was young, it would have helped me tremendously.  I can't see your outside but I can tell your insides (which is much more important) are beautiful so I suspect you are also. Thank you for your wisdom and beautiful words.

For me i use Egyptian Magic Cream because its an all purpose cream that can treat all skin diseases :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> aside from the freckles it helps to treat scars,psoriasis,eczema,split ends,dry skin and skin allergies...its proven and tested.. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I used to hate my freckles too, growing up but now I love them.  Believe it or not, they make you look younger, assuming that you stay out of the sun and wear sunscreen and take good care of your skin.   When I have no makeup on, I have a very "teenage" look because of the freckles and I've been told that too, and trust me that is the best compliment you will ever get once you get older.  So just confidently sport your freckles and remember that you are more prone to skin cancer so ALWAYS wear sunscreen.  In fact, I've gotten into the habit of wearing 30 sunblock as my every day moisturizer on my arms and shoulders and legs (on the days where I'm dressed and those parts are exposed).   Get the Australian Gold kind because it smells coconuty like the beach:)    You don't realize it, but just walking around during the day on a sunny day will expose your skin and it might not seem like a big deal, but it all adds up and will eventually make your freckles the "aging" kind.  The sun is stronger these days because the ozone layer isn't what it used to be.  Just 15 minutes in the sun is all you need, but for us fair skinned people, 15 minutes can be too much!

With all of that being said, my freckles do come from the sun and I have had a couple of Photofacials (laser) in the past year to tone them down a little but I didn't want to get rid of them completely.   So there IS a way to get rid of them if you really want to but it's expensive and you'd have to have a series of those photofacials, but I wouldn't.  Just keep them.  They make you very fresh faced and young looking. 

Also, you'd be surprised at how many models and actresses have them and they just don't show up in pictures.  Mine never show up you would never think I have freckles unless you see me in person.  So keep that in mind.

Hot celebs with freckles:)
http://acidcow.com/girls/24338-connect-the-dots-with-the-hottest-freckled-female.html

Latest posts

Back