How Manders Make me Cry

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm sure by now I don't even have to say what a bad week I've had, I've kept you all updated on the situation as it's been happening. I don't remember crying so much in my whole life.

Last week I was talking to Manders on MSN, (she and the other mods have been incredible throughout it all, btw). We got to talking about the D2B's an how I longed to find a lipstick that looks good on me (all I ever wear is cherry chapstick) and how I really wanted to someday be able to achieve the flawless look she pulls off with her skin. When it comes to eye makeup, I'm ok, but not great. But when it comes to foundation and blush and highlighter and bronzer, I'm out of my league - Big Time!

Today, after a week of crying, worrying and stressing almost non stop, I was in my room trying to tidy and get laundry ready. My husband yelled out to me from downstairs that I had received a package. I went downstairs and he handed it to me, and I came up to my room to open it. I opened the envelope, removed the bag and bubble wrap and slowly started to remove item after item . . .

• Benefit "traffic school" Lipstick
  • Benefit "miss priss", "thing highs" and "wink" Lipglosses
  • Alba Tinted Lip Balm in a neutral brown
  • Dior pallet of cream lipsticks
  • A Brow Zings Kit (which I have been seriously longing for in a bad way)
  • Tony & Tina Universal Color Cream in "Caring"
  • And a Bronzer Brush
A two-page long letter accompanied the gifts . . . on the second page was drawn a little girly skull showing where the highlight goes and it was signed "<3 Always, Manders" . . . I just sat there and took it all in and it was just too much, I had to cry. But for the first time in a week, it was a good cry.
All week, I've been hearing "I would, but . . . " from friends and family alike. No one was willing to help me out when I was facing eviction. And here I have an online friend, who has never even met me before, sending me all these great things, specifically chosen to suit me, just out of the blue.
scared.gif

I don't even know what to say, except thank you, thank you, thank you. You made this horrible week seem worthwhile
hugss.gif

raok1.jpg

raok2.jpg

raok3.jpg

Edited to add: The letter also listed everything she gave me, what it was for and how to use it. Cool or what?

AWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's so awesome! Manders kicks ass! Enjoy the goodies Kee!

wow......that is so sweet....I'm glad something so positive came to you now! Those are some sweeet goodies! Enjoy

I seriously went AWWWW out loud. How incredibly sweet and thougtful of you, Manders!

Awwwwwww! How sweet 'Manda! Kee, that is really wonderful to have people that care about you like that! How awesome. Enjoy your RAOK!

Manders is so sweet. There are so many wonderful people here on MUT. That is why I love coming here. Glad it made your day, Kee.

Awww...that is such a thoughtful thing to do. Kee, I hope things get better from here on.

That was really sweet of her... it must be nice to have such wonderful friends. Enjoy the goodies and i hope things cont. to look up for you.

Latest posts

Back