How many of us are going to a MAC store tomorrow?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Trisha I'm going next Thursday when it's released here, cos there is also a PRO event to launch it! x According to the Pro store in London, it should be out today - hence i'm going after work!!

Originally Posted by wongy74 Hells yeah I'm going!!! Bright and early, when they open!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I'm such a loser!
tongue.gif
i slept latelol it's now 11am and i haven't showered yet. i need to get my butt going

Originally Posted by Marisol Just an FYI - if you have a CCO (Cosmetics Company Outlet) near you, they tend to sell MAC items for 30% off. They also sell Clinique, Stila and others. I don't have hardly anything near me, I'd have to drive a while to find any place that sells Mac! Maybe after I graduate we'll end up in a bigger city and there will be more options -- and I'll be making more money
wink.gif
If I do get some Mac products I definitely want some of the fun eyeshadows -- right now I love my Maybelline mascaras and I have some lipglosses I like; but I get the most frustrated trying to find eyeshadows at the drugstores!

Originally Posted by Marisol Just an FYI - if you have a CCO (Cosmetics Company Outlet) near you, they tend to sell MAC items for 30% off. They also sell Clinique, Stila and others. i don't even have one of those too close to me i have to drive an hour for a cco

Yup.. I am going tomorrow to the MAC store on 4th street in Berkeley! Not sure what I am picking up yet, I have a lot of empties too!

This is all I got, Laura and ladies! I got the D'Bohemia e/s, Oceanique e/s, Prose and Fancy e/s, Deckchair pigment, and the Flash of Flesh l/g.

The D'Bohemia e/s is more orange IRL, but is very pretty- can use boldly or sheerly. Oceanique looks like Vex, but turns up gold on my C3/NC35 skintone. Prose and Fancy- well, just turns up a pretty teal color- I love teal!

I would swatch Deckchair for you all, but it's so light and frosty when applied, it just simply wouldn't show up except for some shimmer. I've seen pics on other boards where you can't see it- because it is very light and frosty. It's def. not what you would expect.

Flash of Flesh is so pretty- a peachy pink with tons of sparkles. I've heard it described as a lighter shade of enchantress and the MA today said it looks like Love Nectar. I don't know about the Love Nectar comparison- if anything, FOF is more shimmery and pigmented.

The store didn't have Shade Fluidliner, Rummy, Moderne l/s, Retrodaze l/s.
frown.gif

Other impressions:

Provence was just ugly to me- a matte cream color with some shimmer, if that makes sense. Pass on this if you're trying to cut down on your D'Bohemia haul.

Cherche Blushcreme is a very pretty nude color- has some pink in it when applied, but this isn't detectable by just looking at the pot. Passed for now... not LE anyway!

Pink Aperif goes on very sheer- very MYBB. It looks like I have no l/s on, so I passed.

Hth!
icon_biggrin.gif

DSC00789-vi.jpg

Ooh nice haul Jess & what a great pic. Think I’ll get the 3 e/s you bought. They look so pretty. Thanks for posting a pic

I ordered Deckchair and Coco pigments online yesterday, so I can't wait to get them! The rest of the collection I think I can pass on.

I just got back from my appointment and haul! hehe

i didn't take any pics of my fotd, cause it's a light look, so it won't show up in pics.

My haul:

-all 5 shadows

-all 3 lip glasses

-#7 eye lashes.

my thoughts on the stuff:

eyeshadows:

- d'bohemia -pretty color. more coraly than paradisco.

- prose and fancy - pretty teal color, but it's not a bright teal.

- rummy - a nice brown. not too dark though

- oceanique - i was confused with this one. it looks silver in the pot, but when i tested it on my hand, it kind of turned goldosh/taupish or something. it's like it changes color and adapts to your skin tone. it was interesting, so i bought it. hehehe.

- bagatalle - this is a pretty bronze/tan color.

pigments:

-provence - didn't like. it's a light cream matte color, with just a little tiny bit of shimmer.

- deckchair - it looks pretty in the container. it's a light rose color, but when i swiped it on my hand, it was just very shimmery and looked white on my hand. couldn't really tell what color it was.so i passed on this one.

- coco - it's just another brown color. really shimery too, so it had that kind of glare of shimmer so it made it look kind of light like deckchair did.

lipglasses:

- beaute - pretty color. it's kind of similar in color to pink lemonade, but just a tad darker and with more shimmer in it.

- flash of flesh - this is pretty also. it's like alight color, kind of neautral, but with shimmery with gold glitter.

- gitane - pretty red color. it's not a bright red, and has gold shimmer in it.

i didn't really pay attention to the blushcremes since i knew i wasn't gonna buy them. she did use one on me and it looks pretty on. i just don't feel like applying cream blushes. lol.

-shade fluidline - ok color. i won't get it right now since i'm trying to figure out how to apply my other ones. it's a forest green color.

lipsticks - i didn't really check them out since i forgot my b2m stuff.

Thanks for info Liz! I really wanna check out the e/s and l/s!
smile.gif
Well, now I offically can!!! My Pro card finally came today!!!! YEAH!!!! I had to take a pic I love it so much!! LoL But when I went to go to the pro site, I couldn't log in!!!
icon_evil.gif
So now I have an email out to them to find out why. Anyone have this problem when you first got the card? Does it need to be activated or something??
icon_confused.gif

I will be going, and i will be buying!!!

Originally Posted by Marisol How many of us are going to a MAC store or made an online order to their website? What are you planning on getting?
Happy Shopping!

I have the pigments on theirway to me already, so exciting!!!

Originally Posted by Familyfamily I will be going, and i will be buying!!!

Jess, I love all your choices. Can't wait to get my hands on FOF tomorrow.
icon_twisted.gif

Thanks! I have FOF on right now! LOL!

I also ordered Coco online. I'm glad I did- it's a gorgeous color!
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Sofia Jess, I love all your choices. Can't wait to get my hands on FOF tomorrow.
icon_twisted.gif

i bought the 3 piggies. i wore them tonight i took pics not sure if they turned out since i took them b4 i walked out the door. i'll check then post. province looks like a warmer version of fairylite it didn't turn mylids as white as fairylite though not as chalky so if any of you didnt like fairylite for that reason this one is better.

new pigments

05-05-05pigments.jpg

provence Vs fairylite

05-05-05provencevsfairylite.jpg

Provence Vs Naked

05-05-05provencevsnaked.jpg

05-05-05provencevsnaked02.jpg

here is a better pic of all 3

05-05-05provencenakedfairylite.jpg

I went by the mall to pick up dinner tonight (I live 5 minutes away!) and passed by Macy's. The Macy's MAC counter is right at the entrance to the mall, so I saw that they got D'Bohemia in- all of it! I was so happy since the freestanding was out of so many things.

So... I picked up Shade Fluidliner and Beaute Lipglass. I overlooked Beaute earlier, but I tried it on again, and it is sooo gorgeous!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I would've spent more time but I really dislike the MA that was there, so I just wanted to get what I wanted and get out of there. Also, my BF was waiting for me so we could pick up dinner.

I'm still thinking about getting some of the l/s- retrodaze, moderne, la mode, or pink apertif. Ya, I know, I really narrowed it down!
tongue.gif
But most of them look so similar to things I already have- not exact matches but at least similar enough not to justify their purchase.

Moderne = Flutterby, High Tea, etc. (I have a whole nude lippie collection by now
icon_rolleyes.gif
)

La Mode = Sandy B

Pink Apertif = Viva Glam V

Anyone buy the l/s? Any thoughts?

i haven't picked up any of the lippies yet. i'm gonna stop by sometime with my b2m stuff!! i think i only like 3 of them though.

Latest posts

Back