How many of us are going to a MAC store tomorrow?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have fun Janelle, I am sure you'll find a few things to bring home
wink.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Those are so pretty! I'm liking the D'Bohemia and the mint green one.. prose I think you said that was... very nice! Great haul Liz! I'm venturing out to the freestanding store tomorrow... it's a bit of a hike, but it's the first time I've ever been to anything other than my Macy's counter... so it should be expensively fun!
icon_twisted.gif

Originally Posted by lilla Have fun Janelle, I am sure you'll find a few things to bring home
wink.gif
oh yeah ! you bet!
smile.gif
I know I need another 15pan palette, and I also want brush cleaner... the rest is whatever sparks me at the time!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Paige, I just went there tonight and I think they still had all of it, except maybe the Rich Ground Fluidline. They also have the Points of Hue. I don't know if they had the Lustreglasses though; I didn't look.

Originally Posted by paige3838 Ooh, thanks for the tip! I hope they still have some on Saturday... that's the next time I can get out there.

Originally Posted by wongy74 Paige, I just went there tonight and I think they still had all of it, except maybe the Rich Ground Fluidline. They also have the Points of Hue. I don't know if they had the Lustreglasses though; I didn't look. Ooh, yay! I think I want all of the eyeshadows at least... all I grabbed yesterday at the freestanding store was the Coco pigment 'cause I have a Macys gift card to use... but now I'm all anxious about missing stuff. Thanks for the update!
biggrin.gif

Trisha, I didn't them either. I have colors that are too similar so I spent money on Stila instead!!! By the way, I love the texture of Stila lipsticks. I have Jo and I love the color but it melts away and dissappears so fast
icon_sad.gif
What can I do to keep it longer or does Stila have a different lipstick similar to jo's color?

Originally Posted by Trisha OK so i checked out d'boh today and was totally underwhelmed by it! I did only get the pigments!! I thought i'd at least like Flash Of Flesh but i tried it and it was just too 80's frost for me!

Well, I finally got my stuff today (at Kahala, thanks Jess!), and I ended up buying 4 eyeshadows (Oceanique, D'Bohemia, Prose & Fancy, Bagatelle), and the Deckchair pigment. Luckily the counter was kind of quiet so I got to get a good look at them before buying!

That's great, paige!
icon_biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by paige3838 Well, I finally got my stuff today (at Kahala, thanks Jess!), and I ended up buying 4 eyeshadows (Oceanique, D'Bohemia, Prose & Fancy, Bagatelle), and the Deckchair pigment. Luckily the counter was kind of quiet so I got to get a good look at them before buying!

Originally Posted by wongy74 That's great, paige!
icon_biggrin.gif
The MAC counters by you sell pigments? I only have one in the Macys.. and they dont have them.
icon_wink.gif

The counters sell the pigments that are part of MAC's collections like D'bo, but not the regular ones like Teal, Vanilla, etc. We have a freestanding store, so I can get them there.

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 The MAC counters by you sell pigments? I only have one in the Macys.. and they dont have them.
icon_wink.gif

Originally Posted by Trisha Is it out already near you Bhav?? Yeah, it was out on Thursday. And i notice you've checked it out now!I got the e/s but wish i hadn't bothered with Rummy and Oceanique...!

Originally Posted by Trisha Cant believe we have caught up with the USA at last, tho shame it was with a less than great collection like d-boh! The only other stuff i want is d'boh e/s and Corn shadestick! xx Do you use the shadesticks a lot for doing the line under the lower lashes?
icon_wink.gif

Originally Posted by Trisha I use them as bases & for lining underneath Janelle! e/s sticks really nicely to them too! x Oooh... I never thought of doing that! Good idea! Maybe I'll pick up a neutral colored one to switch with instead of always using my Hush CCB. I just thought you had to 'color' your lids with them...and there's your shadow... lol
icon_redface.gif
I wouldn't have even thought of using them as a base. Thanks for the tip! :icon_love

Originally Posted by Trisha You can use them as both! if you like Hush, you'll probably like Beige-ing or Shimmersand! x hmmmm.... something to look at while I trade in my empties, perhaps!
wink.gif
I wish they'd give you the discount at the stuipid counter though... that's dumb - it's still MAC - why be so selective?? lol
wink.gif

So do you use your UD PP first and then the shadestick over it?

I may have to try this tomorrow!!

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 hmmmm.... something to look at while I trade in my empties, perhaps!
wink.gif
I wish they'd give you the discount at the stuipid counter though... that's dumb - it's still MAC - why be so selective?? lol
wink.gif
Yeah, that sounds kinda annoying!! But going to the MAC store means there are more goodies for you to buy!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Hopefully i'll be able to get my pro card soon as i'm most probably doing a photoshoot next month! Yay!!

Originally Posted by Trisha I always use my UD PP no matter what!! Give it a try Bhav! x Cheers! I'll give it a go tomorrow!

Originally Posted by Trisha its silly, but the girls at my MAC counter have to go to the store to get their staff discount too! x Really? wow - I'm surprised!
icon_eek.gif
It wouldn't be a big deal if the freestanding store wasn't like 45 min. away - I mean it's not THAT far, but to have to run there everytime I wanted just one thing or whatever, it's a pain. I really want to check out the Pro store, but that's in the city (about 1hr.15min. by train) so I'll have to be out there already and then make a stop... highly doubt I'll do a trip just for that. But it would be nice to see the pro stuff IRL first without buying it 'blind' lol Although I already know some pro shadows I want from your notepad!
smile.gif
But say I were to call in to order some pro stuff... can I order regular stuff through them also? Like "hi, I'll take an aqua e/s & a shroom e/s" ??? LOL Does that fly? lol
icon_wink.gif
And if I order online from the reg. MAC site... do they honor the pro card?
confused.gif
This is so confusing - I wish it was the same thing everywhere, make life easier!
eek.gif

Originally Posted by Trisha I think you can order reg things when ordering from the PRO # but i dont think you can order using your PRO discount in the regular MAC site! I'm not sure tho hunny, as i dont have a pro card xx You DON'T!?!?!
icon_eek.gif
icon_eek.gif
icon_eek.gif
OMG - Now I think I have officially heard everything! I thought you had one... since you had the pro color e/s - and all the other goodies that you have... wow... you shocked me there kiddo! You should definitely get one, save yourself some $$... (If You find a place that accepts it! LOL j/k)
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Trisha LOL i dont need a pro card as i have all the pro stuff i want (mainly the e.s), i get 65% off MAC with staff discount anyways, plus my Selfridges store card gets me 35% off anything on our beauty/frag/skincare floor at work!
Stila is an EL owned company, we get 65% off all brands EL owns so i dont need a pro card.

here is what i get discount off:

<DIR><DIR>

Aramis

Aveda

Bobbi Brown

Bumble and Bumble

Clinique

Creme de la Mer

Darphin

Donna Karan New York

Estee Lauder

Gloss.com

Jo Malone

MAC

Origins

Prescriptives

Stila

Tommy Hilfiger

</DIR></DIR>

Dayuuuum!
icon_eek.gif
I think I see a career change calling! LOL
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Sounds like everyone got what they wanted. Great hauls! I visited the Vegas Pro store and got some goodies. I forget which ones though so once I finish unpacking, I will let you know.

Back