How many of you struggle with heels?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't walk in heels very well. I have really wide feet which makes it hard to find any shoes to fit but heels are usually even narrower than normal shoes so I usually just live in trainers.

However I can handle platforms. I have a pair of 5 inch platforms which are sort of square shaped at the front and they are so comfortable and easy to walk in.

I was a bridesmaid this year and I had to wear high heels so I was walking around the house practising so I didn't fall over on the day lol

Originally Posted by Aquilah /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'd love to know where you find narrow shoes, because the ones I think are narrow, are never narrow enough LOL! hehehe, maybe my feet are extra wide
wink.gif
whenever I find a cute high heel shoe, I feel like my toes are all squeezed in!

I was just watching an old Bing Crosby/ Ingrid Begrman movie called The Bells of Saint Mary's. In it, the girls were walking in heels for the first time at graduation. I guess learning it as a guy and learning it as an adult made things a bit different for me, but I honestly never had any trouble except for a couple of very awkward hours. I do walk heel to toe. I found keeping my calf muscles tight helps. I practiced with music and a I practiced on a treadmill. The girls found a video on youtube that helped. I guess like anything it takes practice.

Originally Posted by Aquilah /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'd love to know where you find narrow shoes, because the ones I think are narrow, are never narrow enough LOL! Ha ha, me too!!!
It's so hard to find narrow shoes...
frown.gif

And heels do kill my back after a while. Mummy did try teaching me, didn't work tho...

It's weird cuz I did track so the whole on yr toe thing should come naturally, rite? No... Not with my feet. BOOOO!!!!!

I don't...If I could wear heels all the time, I would....

Unfortunately, I sprained my ankle early in the year and cannot do so... i compromise by alternating stilletos, flats, kitten heels and wedges...

I have to put heel cushions in all my pumps... espcially cheaper ones. It's like the cheaper they are the more they hurt! The most comfortable pumps I've worn are BCBGirls. Can actually stand walking around in them for more than 10 minutes.

I truly love high heels. I need them because I am so frickkin short!!! Practice walking in them at home before you go out--it does take some practice.

I love heels and have been wearing them since I was 12. Except for the very highest heels (over 4 inches), I've never had any problems as long as they fit well.

I also think that most heels over 4 inches really don't look all that great. I've seen recent pictures of Gwyneth Paltrow in 5 inch heels and...I'm just not getting it. There's a line between glamorous and trashy and to me, heels that are too high cross it.

I've never had the slightest bit of trouble walking in heels. I always found those movies and TV shows that show a girl stumbling around on heels for the first time to be kind of campy and silly.

Originally Posted by StereoXGirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif I don't have a problem wearing heels. I wear them almost everyday!
smile.gif
I can even run up stairs in them. lol. Same here!
I can't remember how I learned though. Just started wearing them in Jr high and wore them ever since.

I'm working on getting my feet used to wearing them. I'm a huge fan of the 4"ers so my feet usually kill me after about 30 minutes. I just bought some 3" ones last weekend so I'm going to start wearing them to work to get my feet used to wearing them for long periods of time. I do fine in wedges though..but of course I like the stilettos. haha

Back