How many of you struggle with heels?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've never had a problem with heels.

Whenever I buy a new pair I wear them around the house with socks on to get my feet used to them first. I don't wear them out with socks on though.

I don't wear them because of how tall I already am but I've walked in a pair before to see if I could and I didn't have any problems.

i dont find walking in heals hard if the shoe fits properly, (proboably because when i run i tend to run on my toes so it is a semi natural foot position for me) but i do find them uncomfortable as in the ball of my foot eventually starts to hurt and i tend to get blisters more offten

I never really had much trouble walking in heels, my biggest issue is any heel hurts me feet over time. some more than others, but any heel hurts my feet. haha so for me, it wasnt necessarily practice wearing/walking in the heels, it was getting used to looking normal while in pain or with numb feet haha

I just say practice practice practice, it does seem easier to start with a wedge first or a thicker heel. Really a lot of it is just looking graceful so you want to have a good center of balance, so the stronger the foundation to start with I say the better :)

I don't have problems with wearing heels, but I remember when I was 7 or somewhere around that age and I started wearing heels. My anckles would be killing me later!
smile.gif

Heels looks great but sadly I cant tolerate it. Whenever I buy one and wear it for a day, when I get home I always have a sore feet and just display it on my rack.

Originally Posted by Roxie /img/forum/go_quote.gif I don't have problems with wearing heels, but I remember when I was 7 or somewhere around that age and I started wearing heels. My anckles would be killing me later!
smile.gif
you started young! lol
i don't have a problem with walking in them as long as i go slowly, i can't get any sort of speed if they're over and inch/inch and a half. my main problem is i find them sooo uncomfortable, the balls of my feet are in constant agony if i'm doing any serious walking, and often flare up and blister which isn't very pleasant!

i usually stick to flats or quite low heels.

i learned because my grandma gave me a reallyy tall pair wen i was in about fifth grade. my mom laughed and said i would brake my ankle in them sooooo i HAD to prove her wrong..i would walk around the house in them. then in high school wen i became a freshmen i bought a pair of high wedges. thats reallyy wen i learned how to walk in them...i would wear them everydayy. but in my personal opinion i dont think you should ever EVER put your toe down first. its heel toe heel toe. if you put your toes down first..all your weight goes straight to the ball of your foot. and they start hurting faster and they hurt more. i know it sounds scary to put the high heel down before the toe but once you get the hang of it..its so much better. thats why buying a pair of wedges and learning to walk heel toe will help you cuz you wont be starting out putting the high heel part down first.

but at my school iwas made fun of for the way i walked in school because they said i walked like a model.. and its cuz i wore heels now wahtever i walk in i walk heel toe and it makes you have better posture.

Oh I dont seem to have any trouble walking in heels I dont tend to wear them all day or walk too far though..

silvia.gif

Back