How much do you spend on a handbag?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm curious, how did you score an LV for $200?

Originally Posted by BombDiggity /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Then I have my higher end bags... I have a Michael Kors Large Hamilton bag that was $470 and I also have a used 100% authentic Louis Vuitton 25 Speedy that I bought for $200. I just bought a Diesel bag too, that I actually got for $50 (it was 70% off!)

Originally Posted by divadoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I would spend any more than $85 on a bag.  I prefer the $25-35 range.  I don't like carrying hand bags, I like either a small messenger bag or something cross shoulder so I can multi-task... push a grocery cart, check my phone, hold children's hands etc.  
This is me. I don't like spending a lot and rarely do on purses. I seem to destroy them quickly so it's not worth it.

I would probably spend $150 tops. I switch bags every year or two. I haven't actually gotten

a super expensive one yet, but I'd love to get a Juicy Courture one sometime.

try the juicy outlet. my cousin got a beach bag for about  $50. I also saw some really good deals at Ross. I have one that you might be interested in. It's a black leather one. I haven't used it for years and it's in good shape. I would rather have it go to good home then sit in my closet. PM me if you're intrested.

Originally Posted by mizjmakeup /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I would probably spend $150 tops. I switch bags every year or two. I haven't actually gotten

a super expensive one yet, but I'd love to get a Juicy Courture one sometime.

I haven't spent more than $250 on a bag. There's a Longchamp one that has been calling my name but I can't justify spending that much on my self when I've got bills/ tuition to deal with. I don't mind dropping some cash on a bag that I can use every day and will last for some years. Not to mention I can  ebay old bags once I'm done with them. A statement bag with good hardware is my weakness. 

I haven't bought a bag worth more than $100. For "big" birthdays/events my mom likes to get me nice bags. (21st birthday was a Marc Jacobs crossbody bag that I use everyday)

I inherited a Gucci Boston and a Louis Vuitton Noe from my grandma when she passed away.

I've bought a couple BCBG bags on sale. I'm a sucker for tote bags, reusable shopping bags for carrying school stuff around campus.  Lol.

I certainly lust after the expensive bags, but i don't think I could justify spending more than $100 on myself right now.

Originally Posted by aleeeshuh /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm curious, how did you score an LV for $200?

I actually got it off eBay, I was really concerned about doing it because I thought it would be a fake, especially since the seller was from half way around the world, despite their good feedback... I just did as much research on the serial numbers and how they worked, the leather patterns and stitching online and etc. and I just compared all the info I had to the phots in the eBay ad..

I just bit the bullet and bought it... After my bag came in the mail, it reeked of stale cigarettes lol.. I thought that was a bad sign, but I took it to a LV store in Toronto anyways and one of the older more experienced LV sales ladies looked at it and inspected it for about 15 mins she focused mostly on the stitching, she said it was 100% legit and that I got a good deal on it.

I usually spend in the $30-$100 range, on sale if possible, and buy maybe 2-3 bags a year. My current bag was purchased at a custom handbag shop in Philadelphia for around $75, and the bag I was carrying before that came off a sale table at Macys. I do like Coach bags and own three - two came from a sale at an outlet and one I bought full price as a special occasion present to myself (and I agree the logo bags are typically gaudy so two out of the three are not logo bags and the other's logo is subtle.)

The most I would spend? $500. But to spend anything over $150, I would have to put thought and planning into it and it would have to be for a special occasion. Of course I say that as I am getting ready to buy a house, so pretty soon I'll be using my Trader Joe's canvas bags as purses, lol.

lucky!!! good to hear a happy ending to an eBay story

Originally Posted by BombDiggity /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I actually got it off eBay, I was really concerned about doing it because I thought it would be a fake, especially since the seller was from half way around the world, despite their good feedback... I just did as much research on the serial numbers and how they worked, the leather patterns and stitching online and etc. and I just compared all the info I had to the phots in the eBay ad..

I just bit the bullet and bought it... After my bag came in the mail, it reeked of stale cigarettes lol.. I thought that was a bad sign, but I took it to a LV store in Toronto anyways and one of the older more experienced LV sales ladies looked at it and inspected it for about 15 mins she focused mostly on the stitching, she said it was 100% legit and that I got a good deal on it.

I used to like Vera Bradley bags since I stopped carrying leather ones for various reasons. Now I shop on etsy.com for purses, they have such a wide range of styles and designs. I can always find something I like. I'd prefer to spend under $50 for a bag but depending on how awesome it is, I'll put out up to $100 or maybe a tiny bit more than that.

I do not like logo bags at all, or wearing logo clothing for that matter. Why would I pay a company to advertise their brand for them?

under $50 and I have a lot of hand bags..i recently bout a D@B bag off craigslist for $65 which is way out of my price range..only reason is the bag was unused with price tag still intact..saved like $200 on that purchase so it was worth going outside my preset limit

I tend to wear the same bag for months, until--for practicality or seasonal changes--I'm forced to switch it out. my most expensive bag is $200, but my others are usually $40-80ish. I usually shop at stores like TJ Maxx, or outlet shops like the Coach one.

I don't care so much for cost or brand, as quality/style. my favorite bag ever was a $30 Forever21 hobo; I wore it pretty much all the time for 3 years, until I spilled something on the inside (I ruined it by trying to wash it).

I haven't spent more than $100 on a bag. I usually prefer the $50-60 range.

Great topic... this and shoes for me!!! I just bought a Cole Hann Leather tall tote bag and spent $179 for a $500 dollar back. On Sale.... that's the way on like to shop!!! :))))))

I have no idea about bags... TJmaxx and Marshalls are the only shopping places here.

I'm using bags under $30 and would splurge on good quality ones under $100 in the future.  

Originally Posted by NaturalOrganicB /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Great topic... this and shoes for me!!! I just bought a Cole Hann Leather tall tote bag and spent $179 for a $500 dollar back. On Sale.... that's the way on like to shop!!! :))))))
I LOVE Cole Haan shoes. The Nike Air in the soles make them so comfortable.

I have a handbad PROBLEM, lol. I spend a lot on them, but then I use them for at least 9 months to 1 year after purchasing, then rotate them a lot, so I only buy a new handbag every 2 or 3 years (unless I see something I really like and have the money for it, or I get a gift). My current bag is Marc by Marc Jacobs, and it was $550. I have the matching wallet that I got as a gift- I usually don't really care about getting the matching accessories (especially when it's MJ!) but it's nice to have. I'd rather have a few nice bags that I rotate a lot than a lot of cheap bags that won't last.

Originally Posted by onthecontrary /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have a handbad PROBLEM, lol. I spend a lot on them, but then I use them for at least 9 months to 1 year after purchasing, then rotate them a lot, so I only buy a new handbag every 2 or 3 years (unless I see something I really like and have the money for it, or I get a gift). My current bag is Marc by Marc Jacobs, and it was $550. I have the matching wallet that I got as a gift- I usually don't really care about getting the matching accessories (especially when it's MJ!) but it's nice to have. I'd rather have a few nice bags that I rotate a lot than a lot of cheap bags that won't last.
The words handbag and problem should never be in the same sentence lol!

My most expensive bag was $1000. It also happens to be my favorite. I recently started buying cheaper bags, and other than the crappy zippers, I like them.

Back