How much do you spend on a handbag?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll spend $100-$400 for a bag, but I don't have that many since I'm in college I use a backpack everyday so don't get too much use out of a bag. Sometimes I carry a wristlet to school to hold my bus pass, student ID, CC, and the like. I'm planning to get a black Michael Kors Hamilton North/South with rose gold hardware but I've been spending so much on makeup with all the FF sales going on that it's been on the bottom of my shopping list. The retail is $348 so it should be just under $400 with tax, I'll probably get a wallet to go with it but I think I'll be able to find one for under $150 at the MK outlet.

My monetary situation has changed drastically for me this past 6 months or so. I'm a passionate Coachie and Chanel lover. Coach I'd buy new, Chanel I'd buy through consignment. The most I spent was $1,500 on a Chanel. $798 on a Coach. Now though, things have changed. I no longer live in a place where there's even a Coach outlet to check out, so I can't save money on bags that way. I'm sending 2 of my Chanels into a consignment store, and aim to use the money to buy another Chanel bag which I will be able to use on a daily basis. The two I'm getting rid of are a pochette and a tote. Both way too small for my personal tastes, although I used to love them both.

After I've bought my 'new to me' Chanel, it's going to be consignment/EBay all the way, no more regular stores for me. As to what my budget for any future bags will be, I guess it just depends on what cash I have at the time.

I have a small collection of bags, I think around 10 Coach and 3 Chanel. I rotate them all the time so I don't get bored with them. That helps a lot. I'd hate to have to carry the same bag month in, month out.

I pretty much refuse to spend more than $100. I bought a brown leather Calvin Klein crossbody at TJ Maxx for $50, and a Fossil black leather crossbody at Macy's for $90. Those are my two everyday bags. They work great for me and still look good. I'll replace them when they get too worn.

If it's a trendy or patterned bag I know I won't use for more than a year, I won't spend more than $30 on one.

I absolutely agree. I do always buy leather bags, but I also always look for sales. Since I do buy quality, they last for years for me, even if I use the same one every day.

Honestly? It depends on the bag but on average I spend on bag $100-$300.

A good quality cosmetic handbag will cost you about 200$-400$, which is very expensive in my opinion, but I found out that there are many websites that are selling these types of items in a much cheaper price range like kraumetikbrush. So I suggest you all to have a look at it.

Latest posts

Back