How much do you typically spend on a haircut?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
just curious :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I mean, you have places like SuperCuts, and then you have luxury salons that charge hundreds. I know I feel a little nervous having some stranger cut my hair, and there are lot of girls are willing to spend a lot to ensure that they get what they want (my mom's one of those people).

I had a horrible haircut like two years ago--they lopped off half a foot more than I told them to, and they used a razor so I got tons of split ends afterwards. since then I've just been trimming/growing it out myself lol.

Last time I went somewhere (other than Great Clips or done by myself) I paid ~$60 pre-tip. It was for 3 hours of work, and included cut, color, and style. I have a lot of hair so I figured that was cheap. Especially for the area.

I'm laaaaaaazy. I just get mine done at Hairmasters for 18 bucks and rarely style it.  I only get it cut when I can tuck it in my bra lol.

I've been to both, a handful of fancy upscale type salons and a couple of supercuts type places. I've never been able to justify more than about $35 for a haircut since I found a great mom-n-pop type place where the ladies get together and chat it up. Nothing overly trendy or intimidating about the place. I get an excellent cut, at a very reasonable price and I have a good time too. I don't think where you get it cut matters as much as finding someone you like, that gets what you want, listens, and has experience/knows what they're doing.

Usually $5 at a hair school near me 
laughing.gif

One time I paid over $200 for a cut and color at a fancy salon and they completely broke off my hair in the chair with dye. The hair school honestly does a better job of everything because they are scared s&^%less and take their time to ensure you get what you want. Plus if they don't know something an instructor cuts it

I think the highest I've paid for a hair cut is $45, but usually I pay around $35 - $40 if I don't go to the Hair Cuttery. Although last time I went to the Hair Cuttery they charged me a $10 "long hair fee" so it ended up being around the same amount anyway haha

Originally Posted by Amber Blevins /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Usually $5 at a hair school near me 
laughing.gif

One time I paid over $200 for a cut and color at a fancy salon and they completely broke off my hair in the chair with dye. The hair school honestly does a better job of everything because they are scared s&^%less and take their time to ensure you get what you want. Plus if they don't know something an instructor cuts it
EXACTLY! I go to the local Empire location exactly BECAUSE if they screw it up, there's an instructor there to fix it! I wind up getting brows, mani, and hair cut for under $25, including tip, which is just BONUS :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Between $70 and $90 depending on what I have done. I go every 6 weeks so by that time, it's time to do a color again and a deep conditioning.

I spend around $40-$50.  Haircuts are usually more expensive than that at the Regis I go to, especially with one of their master stylists, but they give out student discounts.  20% off I believe.

I have cut my own hair since I was 15. My sister and I used to cut each others hair when I was 13. I cut my friends hair and my children's hair too. I color my own hair for the price of the dye at Sally's.

Originally Posted by Beauty India /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Depends on my mood or which hair style i want to have at that time.......Normally i paid 100 bugs and more than that.
Different currency in India or highly advanced spambot?

I'm like you! I spent probably $12 last time I went in for a trim maybe 4 years ago (they cut like 6 inches off of my curly hair while it was wet) and after that I decided to just do it myself.

I know that my boyfriend's teen sister gets her bottom layer dyed black every few months for around $80, but her hair always turns out really soft (never ever damaged) and they give her a nice cut and style each time. I know there are great stylists out there, but I don't think I'm willing to pay that much for them hahaha :]

I have yet to find a hairdresser that charges decently without imposing on me a hairmask and a "long hair" fee, by the end i'm paying something like $70 for just getting my ends cut and my hair blowdried, not to mention the amount of cones i get on my fine hair. Last january, when a haircut was well needed, i was rebuffed by the amount the hairdressers charged at my new place, i've checked around but the difference isn't really big. So instead i've cut my hair myself, and it's really simple to do. My biggest challenge is to find good, sharp, scissors.

I have yet to find a hairdresser that charges decently without imposing on me a hairmask and a "long hair" fee, by the end i'm paying something like $70 for just getting my ends cut and my hair blowdried, not to mention the amount of cones i get on my fine hair. Last january, when a haircut was well needed, i was rebuffed by the amount the hairdressers charged at my new place, i've checked around but the difference isn't really big. So instead i've cut my hair myself, and it's really simple to do. My biggest challenge is to find good, sharp, scissors.

I very conveniently have a sister with a cosmetology license. Since I let her experiment on me while she was in school, I get free cuts and colors for life. I can't complain.

I pay around £30 to have mine done, though the place I really like is £40 but thats just for a cut and blowdry.

In my country I usually pay about 1-2 $ for fringe cut and from 10 to 15 $ for haircut and blowdry.

In luxury salons price for haircut can be up to 40$.

Latest posts

Back