How much nail polish do you own?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm trying to break the 100 mark. Right now they're stored in 2 plastic shoe boxes (a 3rd holds items for doing nail art). The Hubs promised to make me a rack so I can see them all at the same time. Hmm...but that was 3 months ago. lol

Originally Posted by chrysalis101 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm trying to break the 100 mark. Right now they're stored in 2 plastic shoe boxes (a 3rd holds items for doing nail art). The Hubs promised to make me a rack so I can see them all at the same time. Hmm...but that was 3 months ago. lol
Lol.

I just put mine into an empty Kleenex box. They barely fit! It's alright though. I've got some other empty boxes I can use when I buy more polish.

The racks are pretty easy to make. My girlfriend has made 3 it took her less ten an hour each time...

I have 103 mostly different shades of purples and blues I didn't realize how many I had till I saw this and counted them I guess when you go to the store you really don't realize how much your getting :)

Ya'll are gonna think I've lost it. I don't have a complete count, but I have around 900+ polishes.
icon_eek.gif

That is my biggest weakness (obviously).

Ya'll are gonna think I've lost it. I don't have a complete count, but I have around 900+ polishes. :icon_eek: That is my biggest weakness (obviously).
O wow I thought 100 was a lot how do you store All that ? :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I only have around 40 bottles, not counting the ones that dried out.

I don't know how I would be able to handle hundreds of bottles like some of the ladies here :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'm sure I wouldn't even get to most of them after swatching once!

I have 23. I paint my nails two or three times a month so that's plenty for me. About half came to me from subs this past year. 

Originally Posted by Polished10 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ya'll are gonna think I've lost it. I don't have a complete count, but I have around 900+ polishes.
icon_eek.gif

That is my biggest weakness (obviously).
Oh my!
icon_eek.gif
    If I wasn't so broke I would probably have that amount too.

My spreadsheet count is at 577 and that was in November. I keep buying...but I have slacked off a lot (truly I have). I'm more decisive in what I buy now & I hardly ever pay full price for polish. I know once Summer comes I'll probably be in trouble though. I don't dare get a rack cause that would show my addiction to the world...and we wouldn't want that.
madno.gif

Originally Posted by glittersmycrack /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The racks are pretty easy to make. My girlfriend has made 3 it took her less ten an hour each time...
These are awesome. Looks like just some wood, paint and nails but they turned out great.
claps.gif

Yep that's all they are. My girlfriend got tired of "living with the nail polish" so she built them put them up and put all my nail polish on them lol

Those homemade nail polish racks look great, but I am afraid to hang my polish on the wall because of earthquakes. Maybe if there were a skinny bar across the front, like a seatbelt in principle. There are probably some spice racks that would work well, huh?

Originally Posted by sleepykat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Those homemade nail polish racks look great, but I am afraid to hang my polish on the wall because of earthquakes. Maybe if there were a skinny bar across the front, like a seatbelt in principle. There are probably some spice racks that would work well, huh?
My thought exactly, I want a rack for my nail polish, but I would add something on the front...just in case you know?

I just bought 10 more polishes today... but they were all on sale(so that makes it ok, right?) And I also have like 7 or 8 more on their way from when Orly was on hautelook(should be here tomorrow, I'm SO EXCITED)

Originally Posted by glittersmycrack /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yep that's all they are. My girlfriend got tired of "living with the nail polish" so she built them put them up and put all my nail polish on them lol
Anyone willing to hand craft polish racks for you is a good egg. Now she just needs to start making them, painting them up pretty, and selling them on Etsy!

Originally Posted by sleepykat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That would just be a matter of adding one more small piece of wood onto the front.

I got one of these racks to hold my polish:

(source: the amazon product)

It's not very large and doesn't hold everything I have, but I think it's really cute-looking and classy. I'm going to get another one as soon as I figure out what else I want from amazon and get a few more GC from swagbucks. It only holds ~40-50 polishes (well, probably more for me since I have a lot of Juleps)  and you have to double stack them, but it's very reasonably priced for what it holds. I'm getting another one when I get the chance because I had like ~60 polishes when I got this and now I've over 100 orz. If I'm going to need a third of these, I'll have more problems than needing to pay $15 for another rack haha.

My one complaint about these is that they have no back support... I think these are supposed to be mounted on the wall, but if you just lean it up against something and the move it, allt he polish will fall out. Best to attach it to something sturdy like a dresser or bookshelf if your'e worried about having to fill wall holes.

Also, did anyone else check out workplaypolish.com's mani cave? (LOL I talk about her blog so much it's almost like i'm plugging her. orz i'm just a fan.) When I saw her collection, I was like, "Huh, that doesn't look like that much..." Then I actually did the calculations, and she has about 400 bottles. I think I'm just jaded from looking at polish lining the walls of salons. XD; Though her personal collection is enough to run a salon!

I am sporting a few wall racks like this one that I got from Head 2 Toe Beauty:

Plus I have a bunch that I don't have racks for yet that are stuffed into my big pink plastic chest of drawers.

Latest posts

Back