How much water ?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was told by a GNC's Rep to drink about a gallon of water daily and keep my exercise and diet routine in order for me to lose the extra fat around the waist, Does that sound right ? I know she should know but it's been 2 days now and It doesn't feel nice, A gallon of water is a lot in like 12 h and too many trips to the washroom.

What do you think ? What do I do ?

icon_rolleyes.gif

I've heard different opinions and studies about how much water you should drink ... I always hear you should drink 6-8 8oz glasses a day (so I guess 8x8=64 oz is a gallon, right?), but I have also heard studies say that as long as you are getting at least 48 oz of FLUID a day it's all right -- and fluid includes things like fruit juice, liquids naturally found in foods (fruit, soup, etc), but does not include caffeinated drinks (since caffeine is a diretic (spelling?)) and some scientists also exlcude alcohol from the list. Of course these studies were just for general health, not necessarily losing weight... I certainly know people who have lost a lot of weight without drinking a gallon of water a day!

Originally Posted by eleinys I was told by a GNC's Rep to drink about a gallon of water daily and keep my exercise and diet routine in order for me to lose the extra fat around the waist, Does that sound right ? I know she should know but it's been 2 days now and It doesn't feel nice, A gallon of water is a lot in like 12 h and too many trips to the washroom.What do you think ? What do I do ?

icon_rolleyes.gif

I would give it some time. At first, it will seem a bit annoying having to go to the restroom repeatedly but it will get better. Your bladder will eventually stretch allowing you to hold that amount more easily. It's just not use to that much water right now but will definitely accommodate it and your body will thank you in the long haul. Don't give up.

Originally Posted by Little_Lisa I would give it some time. At first, it will seem a bit annoying having to go to the restroom repeatedly but it will get better. Your bladder will eventually stretch allowing you to hold that amount more easily. It's just not use to that much water right now but will definitely accommodate it and your body will thank you in the long haul. Don't give up. Well I'll try but I'm kiling myself now

It's probably not as much as it sounds, I drink LOADS of water but I take sips throughout the day and by the end of day I've met my daily water requirements with very few trips to the bathroom. I feel that when you drink a whole glass of water at once several times you end up in the bathroom more often then if you sipped regularly.

I drink at least a gallon a day...when I was on my diet, I drank 2 gallons a day!

I don't know how anyone can drink this much water! I can't stand the taste and my bladder just isn't big enough
icon_cheesygrin.gif
If I get a liter a day down, I'm doing good!

Originally Posted by girl_geek I've heard different opinions and studies about how much water you should drink ... I always hear you should drink 6-8 8oz glasses a day (so I guess 8x8=64 oz is a gallon, right?), but I have also heard studies say that as long as you are getting at least 48 oz of FLUID a day it's all right -- and fluid includes things like fruit juice, liquids naturally found in foods (fruit, soup, etc), but does not include caffeinated drinks (since caffeine is a diretic (spelling?)) and some scientists also exlcude alcohol from the list. Of course these studies were just for general health, not necessarily losing weight... I certainly know people who have lost a lot of weight without drinking a gallon of water a day! I think 64 oz is only half gallon. I have also heard that 1/2 oz water per pound of body weight. That is what I do. Also if I get a 10 oz glass, I seem to get more water in than if I have a sports bottle of 16 oz or something. I just feel the glass up, drink it, then about every hour I drink another. I do this early in the day, as not to have to pee at night. Hope this helps

el,

Do you like Crystal Lite? I know my doctor told me that is another way to get your water. Pink Lemonade is yummy, so is Raspberry Tea, and it's decaffeinated. Try that if water is too much to drink. But your bladder will get used to it pretty soon.

Originally Posted by eleinys I was told by a GNC's Rep to drink about a gallon of water daily and keep my exercise and diet routine in order for me to lose the extra fat around the waist, Does that sound right ? I know she should know but it's been 2 days now and It doesn't feel nice, A gallon of water is a lot in like 12 h and too many trips to the washroom.What do you think ? What do I do ?

icon_rolleyes.gif

A slice of lemon helps soooo much. And as stupid as it sounds, have a fun bright colored waterbottle or a special glass makes it a touch easier.

^ lol i completely agree with that. If im tryin to drink loads of water i always make sure i have one particular bottle/glass that'll somehow "encourage" me to drink more.sounds so silly

I think you should drink 7 glasses of water a day. I drink one bottle a day and feel very well. I also think that it depends of a preson - if you practise a lot of sport you should drink more.

icon_rolleyes.gif

I was told that you should drink half of your body weight as far as water goes. When I was doing weight watchers I had lots of success drinking a gallon a day, but that was my choice to do so. I don't think you could have enough water.

Thanks everyone, I'm doing much better now, still with the gallon daily but I have a big glass that I fill up when I'm home and in the gym I take a 750 ml bottle and keep drinking water, my bladder got use to it thank god !

omgosh yall drink a lot of water.. I drank one glass today and I was proud of myself.. but thats me for ya.. I'm totally unhealthy. LOL

Originally Posted by **Jen** el,
Do you like Crystal Lite? I know my doctor told me that is another way to get your water. Pink Lemonade is yummy, so is Raspberry Tea, and it's decaffeinated. Try that if water is too much to drink. But your bladder will get used to it pretty soon.

Oh my gosh. I love that stuff. My personal faveorite is pech iced tea. I think I'll go have some now.

I've been told to drink 64 oz. a day - which is the average 8 8oz. glasses. I naturally don't... being I rather have a green tea or vitamin water
wink.gif

Latest posts

Back