How Often Do U Clean Your Closet?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
How often do you clean out your closet and get rid of things that you dont wear anymore. I had shoes in my closet from 2000 that I just threw out today and it was hard to do it because I love them. When do u clean out your wardrobe and toss things even though they still fit and it has been like 5 yrs or maybe even more since u bought it
icon_eek.gif

I usually try to have a garage sale atleast once a year around the Spring/Summer months and get rid of stuff i'm not wearing. If my closets starts to overload before that, i'll give my stuff away or take it to a resale shop.

At the beginning of spring and fall, each year. I go through my clothes and my husbands and we donate them to the Veteran's Association. We are lazy and the VA comes to our door monthly
icon_redface.gif

Lately I've been cleaning out my closet at least once a year if not more, and I donate or sell the stuff to consignment or thrift stores. I've been trying to transition my wardrobe from college student to professional, so I am finding a lot of things that just look too young for me or are out of style! I've also gained some weight over the past few years (and I wanted to gain weight, I used to be too skinny), and while I thought I had gotten rid of all my too-small clothes, I occasionally find some more! Like the other day, I got out an old suit to wear to a career fair and it *barely* fit! I did manage to squeeze into it for that day, but after that I went out and bought a new one!
smile.gif

Right now the majority of my clothes have been purchased in the last few years, because the 90's style clothes I wore in high school and early college just aren't appropriate for a 24-year-old, soon-to-be professional woman!
smile.gif
I have no problems getting rid of clothes that still fit that I don't wear anymore, because that gives me space in my closet to buy new clothes!
biggrin.gif

Not enough! I must do a clean out and organization soon. Have to stop hanging on to things I just do not wear anymore.

I clean my closet out once a year. What clothes I don't wear anymore, I just take to the consignment shop. It's a great way to make a little extra money and gives me an incentive to clean out my closet.

Hardly ever. Everything is very well organized, so I know where everything is, but now and then I'll donate or just give away items I don't wear.

i have some to clear out of my closet. i just get rid of stuff that i don't see myself wearing anymore.

I clean out my closet and shoe racks about twice a year. I donate the stuff I don't use anymore to the local charity here.

yeah,like most of the girls every year, i donate what i really don't need anymore..

i split my wardrobe up - one rail for the olf#d fvourites - stuff i rarely wear but hold memories/are for that special occassion tht comes round so rarely - then there's the spring/autumn wardobe, the summer rail and the winter rail - these I review at the end of each season - anything haven't worn in the last 6 months goes on a provisional rail and I have 2 weeks to wear or give to PDSA - might sound wierd/OCD-ish but it works - i love my clothes and I never feel like I don't have something to wear or that I have too much to hoose from - everything has its place - I also love to shop on a very regular basis so have to do this or else I'd spill out of my already generous wardrobe space!!!

Almost never. Come to think of it, my closet and room are in desperate need of being cleaned but I've been so lazy lately.
tongue.gif

At the end of the season I'll reorganize all my clothes and what I don't see myself wearing again I'll toss or donate, but the shoes (if they are in good condition) I can't bring myself to get ride off, I'm a shoeaholic, love shoes plus I think I'll use them some day again.

I do a big clean out AT LEAST 2 x a year. Aside from that I always have a bag or box going on to give away. I dont care who takes it just get it out of my house. I hate clutter, too many clothes (would rather own less but love it all), too many things. I find that I cant relax and feel peaceful. So out it goes. I have given friends tons of things (even some of my MAC makeup then later I think "I know I used to have that and realize I gave it away.) Oh well.

I normally try to clean out my closet at least once a year. There are always those things I push to the back that are way too tight...that I say to myself "i'll get back in those one day." ha ha what a joke. but to my surprise this year i was able to get back into all my jeans after losing 20 lbs. Anyway after I clean it out I usually take everything to the Star of Hope mission so those who are less fortunate can wear them(i sound like such a goodie two shoes).

I just cleaned my closet out in order to put away my summer tops
frown.gif
now i put out my winter stuff so i have one bag of clothes to give away .

well i usually just put the things i dont wear in a big suitcase, until i have the heart to get rid of them permanently. i actually donated a huge bag full of clothes just before summer to chairity. it was clothes i hadnt worn for years and their time had come because they just took up space. i still have 2 big suitcases full of stuff i dont wear though. i dont understand how i can have so much, cause ive only lived here for 2 years and i came here with 2 suitcases, and that was all i owned.

i would like to sell some of my old clothes/shoes too because some are too nice (or expensive) to just give away, but i dont really have an opportunity to do that where i live, so i hold on to those in case i will have one sometime.

I usually clean out my closet when my mother decides i have to much crap... its very exciting..

Latest posts

Back