How old were you?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll be 25 in January and i am not married yet.
smile.gif

I'm surprised there are so many people who got married in their late teens/early 20s, but hearing about people who married so young and whose marriages are still intact makes me smile
smile.gif
It gives me hope for my own relationship, I guess. I've been with my boyfriend since I was 16 and he was 18... just over 3 years now. We're great together, and everyone says how they can see our happiness....

But my mom's been dropping hints about us getting engaged/married soon. That's likely because she just wants me to move out, and our families are religious, so moving in with someone is a no-no unless you're married. My mom was also 19 when she met my dad, engaged at 20 and married at 22. They have, judging by what I've seen of my friends parents and such, an excellent marriage. They have been married for 23 years. I have never heard them raise their voices at each other. Ever. They do not argue, they work things out as amicably as possible. To me, it's an encouragement and proof that marriage can work, despite the monumental divorce rate and all the things I hear about people in unhappy/abusive/dysfunctional marriages.

At first I had feelings of warm fuzzies when thinking about marrying my guy, but the more I think about it the more nervous it makes me. I mean, I'm only 19, he's 21, and we were pretty much each others first everything... but I can't imagine him not being in my life. Everyone pretty much assumes that we're going to marry each other. His [rather large] family considers me part of their family already, they love me to bits. Everything is great, it seems like there are so many things on our side... but I still worry about and doubt our relationship and its potential for longevity.

I keep telling myself that I don't have to worry about it right now, we're still young... but I'm an obsessive worrier, so yeah. Wow, I totally just hijacked this thread. This is a topic that has taken up far too much of my thinking time lately, LOL.

well i think its natural to be worried about that, I mean supposedly this is someone with whom you will live/love forever. That's a fairly big call!

not to mention, I cant stop thinking about it as creating a new family, and if that is the case, it's like, hmm, is my bf as good as my current family? shouldn't he be better? IS he better?

it goes around and around, LOL.

its not really possible for me and the boy at the moment anyway. We both are still in uni, we dont have stable jobs, and want to move overseas when we graduate. I cant wait though
smile.gif
hopefully it'll happen!

I'm 25 with no guy in sight. lol.

Originally Posted by Andi /img/forum/go_quote.gif samere here in Austria. I think the average age to get married is 27. That´s why it was a huuuge deal for me to get engaged at 22, but I don`t regret a thing. (and nope most people in my family don´t know that I´m engaged, they´d think I´m wayy too young for that) They really don't know??? Wow! I guess in the US engaged at 22 is no big deal, though...

Thats impossible....

Originally Posted by StereoXGirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'm 25 with no guy in sight. lol.

They really don't know??? Wow! I guess in the US engaged at 22 is no big deal, though...

Originally Posted by Kee /img/forum/go_quote.gif I got married in March of 04 and I was 21 and a half years old
smile.gif
We were both young but we believed in marriage. I personally feel that if I'm good enough to live with and good enough to sleep with, I'm damn well good enough to marry! I certainly don't want to end up like most of my friends, "shacked up" with one or more kids with a man afraid of commitment, yearning for that ring! Here here!
applaus.gif

I myself was also 21, hubby 22. However, we were at a place in life that most people get to at 24/25 or even later, and I was blessed to meet my husband at the age I did.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by kisska3000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif i got married actually this year and i am 24 CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i have been with my guy 4 years. and just got married. sept 1. im 20. and i am HAPPY. i love him to death. we are highschool sweathearts.

i dont think there is any such thing as too young. i think your hear decides when to fall in love ..... not you... if you choose.. then its not love

although. i do believe.. to allow yourself some time. to get over the hunnymoon stage that every couple has.. i dont believe to just go ge4t married.. cause you feel like its the thing to do cause you love each other .. give it time..

I was 23, my husband was 24. We had our daughter when I was 25. In retrospect, I wish we would have waited til we were older. And definitely until we had both finished college. That's one of the biggest regrets I have.

the average age to get married in Israel is 27, I'll be 22 in January and i am not married yet but I want to get married when I'll be 24 and my boyfriend will be 25

My husband and I were both 22. We've been married for 14 years now. We were together for 5 years before we got married and we were living together already. I think I was actually the older than any of my siblings when they married.

Well Ill be 18 in a week, my bf is 19, we've been together a year and a half now. He wasnt a very mature guy when I met him, but everyone that knows me finds me to be extremely mature for my age. All the people I hang out with regularly are 20-24 years old. Well I think over time my serious commitment ideas have rubbed off alot on my bf
smile.gif
. A couple months ago he asked me to marry him, now he didnt buy me a ring or anything, but he was really serious and nervous about asking me, and he said he really was going to buy me a ring soon, he wants to really be my fiance.

I know we are young, but we both have talked through monumental fights, and made it through happy, like at points where most people our age would call it quits, we never have. And I know this may sound dumb, but he told me one night not too long ago that it feels like we are meant to be together, and I had to admit I kind of feel the same. I get that feeling with him, but Id always been too afraid to admit it lol.

All the time we talk about how when we both got ok jobs we will have our own place, and how it will be, and if we live together and it works out, we should get married, and when we are 30 start a family lol. Now its years and years away so who knows what will happen, but I find it really comforting we really are right on the same page no matter what.

Id hate to get married more than once, Id be way too scared to give it another chance lol so I will wait until everything feels perfect, until we have more years of being together, until I know that we can live together happily. And he completly agrees with me, so I really do hope it works out with us, and I really have a feeling it will. Sorry for the long post!!

I just got engaged in August, and I am 20. When I marry, I will be 21. The average age in the US is something like 26-27 for women.

Young marriage is so looked down upon today, or so it seems...yet the people who look down on it have parents who probably married when they were 18 or 19. The fact that "that was then, this is now" really doesn't matter worth a crap -- marriage is marriage if it's 1940 or 3000.

My friends grand parents got married 3 days after meeting face to face after WWII, and were married until she died. They were 19.

My fiance's parents got married at 19 and have been married nearly 30 years now.

My parents got married when my mom was 26 and my dad was 28...he filed for divorce 15 years in, and again 18 years in. They were divorced after 19 years of marriage.

50/50 shot, and I'm willing to take my chances.

I got married at the age 21 and my husband is 2 years younger than me...
smile.gif

So we are married 1 year...still very good...and we are together 4 years...

Yes..maybe it is too young but I dont care...we just love each other and its more important than age....

Back