How old were you?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
When you got married? I am a very curious person and lately I have noticed a trend amongst youngsters getting married pretty young (Engaged and Underage, anyone?).

The way I see it I might get married later in life..or earlier...Who knows?...

well I think it's weird because a lot of people on the boards are married and really young, and I don't know anyone my age in Australia who is married, except one girl who got preggers.

I went to a psychic and she said Id get married at 28, so I've got another 6 years to go I guess!

I was 19 the first time. Married my highschool sweetheart who really wasn't a sweetheart at all. He screwed around after 7 months of marriage. I was divorced by 20. I was 33 the second time and we were married 7 years. We divorced September last year. That time it was just 2 people who let our problems take us over until we fought all the time and he finally got physical with me. I left him that night. Now I think I'll just "live in sin" next time. I think marriage is great and I really thought I had it right the second time, but I'm still pretty bitter about it. I ended up having to pay for everything and had to give him a lot of money to get out of it and keep my house.

I got married in March of 04 and I was 21 and a half years old
smile.gif
We were both young but we believed in marriage. I personally feel that if I'm good enough to live with and good enough to sleep with, I'm damn well good enough to marry! I certainly don't want to end up like most of my friends, "shacked up" with one or more kids with a man afraid of commitment, yearning for that ring!

I was 20 (and a half, lol) when I got married. We've been married over 10 years now.

We got married really early, by Swedish standards. A lot of people here don't get married at all, even though they have kids and want to live together forever. My brother and his gf aren't planning to get married I think, and they have a 1-year-old boy together. It's probably to do with the "common-law" legislation here - living together isn't that different, legally, from being married.

For me, marriage isn't the ultimate sign of commitment. It does have a symbolic value, especially the wedding ceremony. But I don't think you're less commited to each other if you're not married.

Originally Posted by pinksugar /img/forum/go_quote.gif well I think it's weird because a lot of people on the boards are married and really young, and I don't know anyone my age in Australia who is married, except one girl who got preggers. samere here in Austria. I think the average age to get married is 27. That´s why it was a huuuge deal for me to get engaged at 22, but I don`t regret a thing. (and nope most people in my family don´t know that I´m engaged, they´d think I´m wayy too young for that)

I was twenty-two and my husband was twenty-four. It was a little young for my demographic; I still had to complete my senior year in college and none of my friends were even in serious relationship but everyone supported our decision because we had always been "that couple." I mean, come on...we'd already been together for eight years! One day we decided to get an apartment together and decided that as long as we were going to be living together we wanted to go ahead and get married as well. For us it was less of a commitment issue and more of a mind set.

I got married the first time a day after I turned 20.

The second time (my husband now) I was 24.

I got married when I was 19. My family practically disowned me when they found out. No one would talk to me and now 2 & 1/2 yrs later some are barely starting to come around. It was sad. Sometimes I wish I could do it over but oh well...

wow. This is so interesting. Some of you where relatively young while others where within the average marrying age! I cant predict my future but..who knows?

My husband and I had just turned 20 when we got married. We will be celebrating 15 years of marriage the day after Christmas. We are more in love than ever and have twin 5 year old sons.

Originally Posted by pinksugar /img/forum/go_quote.gif well I think it's weird because a lot of people on the boards are married and really young, and I don't know anyone my age in Australia who is married, except one girl who got preggers. I've noticed the same thing on this board. I'm surprised how many people get married at such a young age. I don't wanna sound judgemental at all about this, but I'm just used to seeing couples getting married when they're a bit older (25-30 in Finland). Here in my country it's also quite normal that couples have kids, but don't get married in a while... I have some friends like this.
Anyway, although I'm single now I don't think I'd like to marry at a young age...marriage is not the first thing on my mind at this age.

I was 24, and we're still married... Been together since right before my 21st birthday, and John said I have an "eternity to deal with him." LOL!

Latest posts

Back