How strong are your fingernails?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi friend! I used to have weak and slow-growing nails, but this was bothering me. With the advice of a friend, I started using the following products and now my nails are growing faster and stronger than before!

• Olive Oil - Lemon Juice Mix (Mix 1 teaspoon of olive oil and 1-2 drops of lemon and apply to your nails twice a week)
  • Tea Tree Oil - Vitamin E Blend (Mix 1 teaspoon of tea tree oil and 2-3 drops of vitamin E and apply it to your nails)
  • Vitamin E night therapy (1-2 drops of vitamin E oil on your nails and leave it overnight by wearing gloves)
  • Beer - Olive Oil - Apple Cider Vinegar Mix (Heat 1/4 cup olive oil and mix it with the same amount of apple cider vinegar and half a cup of beer. Wait for your nails in this mixture for 15 minutes.)

I did not use these recipes at the same time. I tried them all and chose one of them. You can do this too ;)

Hi friend! I used to have weak and slow-growing nails, but this was bothering me. With the advice of a friend, I started using the following products and now my nails are growing faster and stronger than before!

• Olive Oil - Lemon Juice Mix (Mix 1 teaspoon of olive oil and 1-2 drops of lemon and apply to your nails twice a week)
  • Tea Tree Oil - Vitamin E Blend (Mix 1 teaspoon of tea tree oil and 2-3 drops of vitamin E and apply it to your nails)
  • Vitamin E night therapy (1-2 drops of vitamin E oil on your nails and leave it overnight by wearing gloves)
  • Beer - Olive Oil - Apple Cider Vinegar Mix (Heat 1/4 cup olive oil and mix it with the same amount of apple cider vinegar and half a cup of beer. Wait for your nails in this mixture for 15 minutes.)

I did not use these recipes at the same time. I tried them all and chose one of them. You can do this too ;)
Awesome! Can you tell me what you chose?😆 TBH I'm willing to try all of them if you won't tell me.:( Thanks for the info.

1. Moisturize your nails and cuticles daily. Using a moisturizing hand cream or cuticle oil will help prevent nails from becoming brittle and dry. Massaging cuticle oil into the nails and cuticles is especially helpful.
  2. Take biotin supplements. Biotin is a B vitamin that promotes keratin production, which is what nails are made of. Taking 2,500 mcg of biotin per day can help strengthen nails.
  3. Use a strengthening base coat. An effective base coat designed for nail strengthening will help condition nails and make them less prone to peeling and breakage. Some contain ingredients like calcium, keratin, or silk.
  4. Avoid excessive exposure to water. Spending a lot of time with hands in water, like through dish washing, laundry, or swimming, can dry out nails over time. Be sure to moisturize after water exposure. Wear gloves for tasks involving lots of water exposure.
  5. Consider gel manicures or acrylics. While not natural, these nail treatments protect the nail underneath while they are in place. They allow nails to grow out without breaking. Be sure to take breaks between applications.
  6. Trim nails properly. Use nail clippers instead of ripping or tearing nails, which can weaken them. File them into the desired shape. Leave a little white tip at the end to avoid injurying the nail bed.
  7. Eat nail-healthy foods. Incorporate foods like eggs, fish, nuts and seeds, citrus, yogurt, and vegetables into your diet. These provide keratin, vitamins, and minerals to boost nail health.

Latest posts

Back