How To Apply Blush

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
IS THIS GOOD INFORMATION? FOUND THIS ONLINE.

WHAT YOU’RE LOOKING FOR IS A NATURAL HEALTHY GLOW. THE KIND YOU GET WHEN YOU BLUSH OR THAT HEALTHY JUST WORKED OUT FLUSH.

WHEN YOU APPLY THE BLUSH YOU WILL BE USING YOUR FINGERS, SPONGE {FOR CREAM OR GEL BLUSH} OR BRUSH.

1. Find the apple of your cheek by smiling and looking into the mirror. The round part that pulls up is the apple of the cheek.

2. Run your finger down from the top of the cheekbone into the hollow of the cheek.

3. To give the illusion of a contoured cheek apply either a slightly darker blush in the hollow, or align your blush brush so that the bottom side of the brush is laying at the deepest part of the hollow.

You then brush back and forth moving up the cheek to the cheekbone.

Start at the point of your cheek just below the middle of the eye and work up toward temple.

This technique gives the cheek a 3 dimensional look because more color was on the brush when you started at the hollow of the cheek and less color at the cheekbone (high part) giving a highlighted effect.

Or you can use a highlight shade. Just be sure to blend and overlap the 2 shades a bit.>>

This info is accurate in describing how to contour cheekbones. I always put bronzer under the cheekbones and blush on the apples of the cheeks. Highlighter goes on top of cheekbones.

THANKS!

Originally Posted by BeneBaby This info is accurate in describing how to contour cheekbones. I always put bronzer under the cheekbones and blush on the apples of the cheeks. Highlighter goes on top of cheekbones.

they're more than one way to apply blush and highlighter. it also depends on your face shape and how you want the blush to look on you. (ex. fuller face / contour )

also, i learned this from a makeup artist about highlighters.

i used to always put highlighters above my blush, but then he taught me that some artists uses highlighter starting from the corner end of your lips to your hairline.

the results were subtle, but i did find this method better for me than the regular highlight over blush.

depends on your face shape i guess? and what looks you're trying to achieve..

HOW TO APPLY BLUSH

------------------------------------------------

It is actually very possible to make features your face doesn ' t have . I modeled when I was 13 and if you think I looked like a grown woman then you are wrong . With some talent and a few helpful tips I was jail bait in no time .

Nowadays blush is over rated . What women and teens strive for is a fresh youthful appearance . The best way to apply natural looking blush is to choose shades complimentary of your skin . This doesn 't mean that just because red looks good on you to use it . Go for natural colors that are named things like barely there , blushed , typically unseen , true you ' things like that .

Next , try to find three colors that are good for your tone . They should be a darker shade , middle shade , and really light shade . Try not to go with matte and always apply over a freshly powdered face . Even if your base has built in powder , powder anyway . What you get when you do not powder is a rouge effect . Very 50 ' s .

Ok , we are powdered up now . Take the darkest shade and brush a line underneath your actual cheekbone as close as you can . Do not draw the line dark or straight across . Rather arch it up all the way to your temple . Next , take the middle shade and make a sweep from your cheek "apples" to your temples . Blend this with your fingers for a dramatic night time effect or blend with a powder puff for a softer more natural look . Lastly take the lightest color and brush on top of your new cheek bones .What I mean by on top is not on top of what you have already done , on top of what looks like your natural bone line , and above the apples . This will highlight them and draw more attention to your beautiful features .

If after all this you are wanting a natural sheen like in the model photos , brush a glimmer dust over . Completely . These can be bought at Eckerds for around $4 for less than half an ounce .

One last use for blush that the models do ..... When wearing a low cut dress etc . brush a " V " between your breasts for instant defined cleavage .

Thanks for reading - sweetycaroline

Originally Posted by MARIAN IS THIS GOOD INFORMATION? FOUND THIS ONLINE.
WHAT YOU’RE LOOKING FOR IS A NATURAL HEALTHY GLOW. THE KIND YOU GET WHEN YOU BLUSH OR THAT HEALTHY JUST WORKED OUT FLUSH.

WHEN YOU APPLY THE BLUSH YOU WILL BE USING YOUR FINGERS, SPONGE {FOR CREAM OR GEL BLUSH} OR BRUSH.

1. Find the apple of your cheek by smiling and looking into the mirror. The round part that pulls up is the apple of the cheek.

2. Run your finger down from the top of the cheekbone into the hollow of the cheek.

3. To give the illusion of a contoured cheek apply either a slightly darker blush in the hollow, or align your blush brush so that the bottom side of the brush is laying at the deepest part of the hollow.

You then brush back and forth moving up the cheek to the cheekbone.

Start at the point of your cheek just below the middle of the eye and work up toward temple.

This technique gives the cheek a 3 dimensional look because more color was on the brush when you started at the hollow of the cheek and less color at the cheekbone (high part) giving a highlighted effect.

Or you can use a highlight shade. Just be sure to blend and overlap the 2 shades a bit.>>

Back