How To Be A Lady:101

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
no grandma wisdom for me
frown.gif

my mom always told me to be more "coquette" (she's desperate because she gave birth to a tomboy !
rofl.gif
).

and stop swearing like a man.

she taught me how to apply nailpolish and never go out with chipped nailpolish.

you may know many people, but will only have a few "true" friends.

a girl i met at uni also told me it was okay to spend money in a moisturizer or in foundation, and i have a right to spend money in a gucci bag if i want it. a girl has some needs
wink.gif

my mom mostly taught me good manners, kindness, patience, and how to be open to all kinds of people. I taught myself the following:

never leave dishes in the sink at night

always keep the guest bathroom clean

**if you don't put yourself first, no one else will**

fight for what you believe in

and take pride in your appearance-it's the first thing people notice

i only wear whites during my monthly not black...if there's a stain i want to be able to see it so i can clean it thoroughly but that's just me

eh....i learned a lot about etiquette from seeing other people in my life...not just family so if i see something i know is inappropriate i can say....well a lady would have handled that differently

eat well,sometimes its all you have. good manners will carry you far in life. believe half of what you see and none of what you hear.find a way to smile every day. keep your good friends close to your heart. any thing worth having is worth working for. mom was quite the practical type. i did hear her tell my 12y.o. daughter " shaking your butt is like ringing a bell, the more attention you want,the louder you ring it." dont think daughter caught the gist of what mom was saying, cause now she walks like shes trying to throw a hip out, but it struck me as funny.

my mum always told me that you can never have too many pairs of shoes

she told me never to wear stripes and patterns together, or grey and brown together.

always treat people as you would like to be treated, and that good manners are always important - I always appologise if I knock into people, and say please and thankyou always

My mother always said "why dont you hurry up and get out of the bathroom - give someone else a chance!"

Back