How to curl your eyelashes?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is probably a really dumb question, but how do you curl your eyelashes?

I bought a curler. I can't get it close to my eye though. Probably due to fear. Is it possible to pinch your eyelids with the curler?

Do you put mascara on first??

I'm trying to increase my beauty/makeup know how and experience.. but this is hard!
icon_redface.gif

Any and all advice is welcome!

Yes, it is possible to pinch yourself. The trick is to take it slow until you get the hang of it. Do not put mascara on first, you could end up pulling out your eyelash if the mascara gets stuck on the curler

There are a ton of how to out there. Just google it and you can find articles and videos.

Hehe, you probably will pinch yourself and it will hurt a bit. You might even tear up 
smiletongue.gif
 but you will get the hang of it just don't give up on it (unless you decide curled lashes aren't for you) because you will mess up a bunch. I would watch a bunch of youtube videos to get the motions down 
smile.gif

Yes definitely curl BEFORE mascara, and be careful, but after the 1st time(if you do it slowly) you'll see there's nothing to worry about and the payoff is SO worth it. I cant put mascara on without curling my lashes!

especially if your lashes are pretty straight like mine, you could curl your lashes a few times--starting at the base and going outwards to the tip--to give them more shape; you don't need to go as close as humanly possible either :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm not scared to curl mine but I somehow end up breaking off the center area of my lashes and I have long ones on the inner and outer corners.  When that happens I have to stop using my curler til they grown back out.  What do you all think would cause the breakage in the center only?  I don't think I am crimping too hard and I'm not using heat.

I have pinched myself a few times when I started with makeup. I was scared too because it looks like it can really hurt but the best way to do it is to slowly curl the lashes. Just repeat the process a few times if you need more curl but don't press it too much otherwise you'll break your lashes. My lashes used to break when curling as well but I made it a habit to moisturize my lashes with vaseline and it's grown longer and stronger. I hope this helps :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I've been learning to curl my lashes too, it's been, hmm, 2 months, and I still haven't gotten the hang of it! Any help? I've probably watched all the videos/tuts out there already... don't know what I could be doing wrong. I'm using Shu Uemura curler (genuine from official site) no heat, before mascara of course, and I always end up pinching skin, missing a bunch of eyelashes, or getting polygonal lashes (or all of the above !!! > :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />) And then they sag down by the end of the day, but that is most likely due to my mascara and not the curling ;o

it sounds like your curler is the problem. are you using the elf one?

Originally Posted by elfuser4ever /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm not scared to curl mine but I somehow end up breaking off the center area of my lashes and I have long ones on the inner and outer corners.  When that happens I have to stop using my curler til they grown back out.  What do you all think would cause the breakage in the center only?  I don't think I am crimping too hard and I'm not using heat.

A heated lash curler ends up being easier for me since you can't pinch yourself and it does a nice job of curling the lashes.

As far as pinching yourself...go about it slowly.  Think about pinching your arm, you can stop the pinch before it hurts as soon as you realize you've got skin.  You'll realize that you have skin on your eye before you squeeze with a lot of pressure, just don't slam the thing shut on your eye and you'll be fine!  I tend to use my free hand to pull my skin out of the way before I close the curler completely (i'll shut it enough to touch shut, but then adjust before squeezing it further)

Some lash curlers are better than others.  I use an Anna Sui curler and it doesn't pinch.  Cheaper lash curlers pinch.

Originally Posted by amberlamps /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This is probably a really dumb question, but how do you curl your eyelashes?

I bought a curler. I can't get it close to my eye though. Probably due to fear. Is it possible to pinch your eyelids with the curler?

Do you put mascara on first??

I'm trying to increase my beauty/makeup know how and experience.. but this is hard!
icon_redface.gif

Any and all advice is welcome!

Yes, I pinched my eyelids before & I have phobia now
sadno.gif
So what I use to curl up my lashes will be the heating ones.

I curl my own lashes first before I apply mascara & curl it again.. It last whole day curling up.
claps.gif

Latest posts

Back