How To Dress Sexy

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guyss i found some thing cool to me which i wanted to share really bad....i know all of you know about this but tooo me somthing learnable..
icon_lol.gif

Did you ever wonder why you never find yourself dressed like one of the girls who you see hanging out at the MTV beach house? Chances are that if you plucked one of those string bikini babes and placed her in your average 7-11, she'd get called a tramp before she had a chance to pay for her Slurpee. How do you work the sexier garments into your daily routine without feeling like you belong on a reality TV show? Use these tips to incorporate hot clothes into your wardrobe for any occasion <NOBR>--</NOBR> without looking like your boss is a pimp!

To work

Forget unflattering sweatpants, frumpy jeans or even out-of-style suits. Looking good will not only help you score points with the hot guys in the office, it will help you get noticed by your boss <NOBR>--</NOBR> but not so much that she calls HR. After all, looking sexy while maintaining a professional polish couldn't hurt.

Start by reworking the tired old sweater
top_150.jpg
set/skirt combo into a fresh and feisty look. Choose a shirt that is fitted to the extreme. That means that you keep going down a size until the buttons over your chest start to pucker. Then buy the shirt that is one size above that <NOBR>--</NOBR> guaranteeing the tightest shirt possible without looking like you've grown out of it. This ABS blouse is perfect because the long sleeves make it office appropriate yet the lace under the bust gives the shirt a casually sexy and inviting feeling.

You don't need a mini skirt to show off your legs. You can pair up your fitted top with a variety of bottoms depending on your mood. Check out Girlshop's denim skirt.
denimskirt_150.jpg
It goes below the knee, but the fitted cut will show off your curves <NOBR>--</NOBR> and the best part is that it's strategically faded to make you look even slimmer!

Just like you found your sexy shirt, use this sizing guide for finding the perfect pants: Try the smallest pair on as possible and then look at your butt. If you can see your thong outlined, the seam busting or a line directly under your rear <NOBR>--</NOBR> they are too small. Only go up a size until you see a smooth yet curvy silhouette.
funkypants_150.jpg
Laundry Herringbone Striped Pants will be like a shot of espresso when you walk in the door! Don't be surprised if your office crush stops by or you get compliments from strangers.

SNSbluefly.jpg
On dates

The most important thing about looking sexy on a date (aside from wooing your man) is that you don't look obvious. You want to look like you wake up, eat and sleep sexy. He doesn't need to know that you spent an hour at the nail salon, $100 dollars at your hairdresser and another two hours primping. But, don't overdo it. An outfit that looks like you borrowed it from Pamela Anderson's closet will make it seem like you are trying way too hard.

While you might get him interested that night, it could be for all the wrong reasons. These tips will help you look "accidentally sexy."

If you really want to go for "the innocent, but really not so innocent" look, try this Betsey Johnson slipdress from Bluefly.com. The spaghetti straps will showcase your shoulders and the form-fitting bodice will keep his eyes glued to all the right areas. But, the color and length deem this dress appropriate for anything!

SNSshopbop.jpg
Out on the town with the girls

Out on the town often means dressing to the nines, dancing and meeting a lot of men. These evenings call for a look that makes you feel hot (or at least hotter than your friends). But, you don't want to start a "who can dress skimpier" contest. Quality over quantity is a good rule of thumb.

Some guidelines: Sheer shirt with no bra=slut. See-through (or netted) white shirt with black bra=tacky. Backless tank with full front coverage=sexpot. These style tips below will help get you into the trendiest clubs <NOBR>--</NOBR> and get you home with most phone numbers.

Shopbop.com's Trina Turk Gigi Camisole will make you a sex kitten extraordinaire with its hot lace detail. You can take that theme to the max when you couple it with a pair of tight jeans and these Sudini Diamond Boots from Nordstrom.com.
SNSnordstrom.jpg

Working it when you're working out

There is nothing more annoying than an overtly slutty outfit at the gym. If isn't hard enough to get motivated to go to the gym only to get stuck running side-by-side a skinny little twig in a thong leotard with leopard prints. The good news is that most men don't find underweight, underfed and underdressed sweaty women at the gym attractive. And no one finds leotards attractive, so you can put those aside for Halloween or '80s-themed parties.

Men are more inclined to notice those of us who work it right while we are working out. That means showing off the curves, lifting the chest and sucking in the stomach. Here is an outfit that will help you make this happen.

Reebok's Criss Cross Bra Top is perfect for showing off your hard earned physique while offering the support and quality that you really need. Slightly padded with clean criss cross lines, this bra is designed to make you look good in all the right places.

Couple the top with a pair of Reebok Wrap Dance pants and you'll be the height of fashion. The trick here is to watch for unsightly underwear lines -- if worst comes to worst, leave your panties in the locker room.

Here is the final checklist for looking sexy (not slutty):

1. Wear soft, inviting (touchable) fabrics all the time.

2. Steer clear of the obvious <NOBR>--</NOBR> like ultra short or sheer. Let slits and well-cut clothes do your talking.

3. Always try on your clothes and don't be afraid to go down (or up) a size.

4. Team something sexier with something more conservative if you are concerned about taking your look too far.

5. Look for clean lines (no bulging bra or panty lines).
end_slug.gif

As a designer/stylist, I must concur with trying on different sizes. The designer/pattern maker have their own basic 'bodies' for the pattern pieces, and then add in 'design ease' to create whatever piece they are making. In the end we all become our own stylist and must consider the overall silhouette, proportions, and color blocking. Too, there is the issue of mixing patterns, which was brought a long way by Lacroix. You have to be careful to not make it too close so that it just appears 'off'. We are all effected by design and if something is just off by a bit it can visually distracting without the viewer knowing why.

Several other problems can occur along the manufacturing process (I could go on for days about these problems) that can all make you question that number on the tag that we unfortunately sometimes get too attached to. A better fit for for the overall look is always number one, and the look should be checked in full length mirror.

Also, if you have never seen a real runway show, let me tell you that 'the girls' can make anything look hot on attitude alone.

biggrin.gif

hmmmmmm i like your ideas.....and your right 'the girls' can make anything look hot on attitude alone.

I think I should add in w/ respect to my comment about 'the girls' and attitude, that our attitude goes a long way to how others perceive us... that whole mind body connection. If you feel good and believe that you look good, then that definitely carries through to others: can't beat confidence. The true superstars of the runway were/are that because they not only have a professional work ethic, but put through such confidence on the runway, irrespective of what they are wearing, and that also carries through the camera. This is how they become 'supermodels' and set themselves apart from the rest of the pack. From personal experience, what goes on behind the scenes of the fashion world, and at the shows, you can tell who will be staying and who is self-destructing. Gotta keep 'it' all together and then it all works better, no matter what the facade.

Very true about the confidence -- I've gained a lot more self-confidence in the last few years, and I do think I look better -- or at least I feel sexier!
wink.gif

However I almost laughed at the trying on different sizes thing... yes I do try on different sizes because different brands fit differently, if you look in my closet my pants range in size from 2 to 5! But for pants, there is always one (or more often zero!) size that is not so big it falls off of me, and not so tight that I can't breathe! So there is never a choice for me about what size fits best! (Although sometimes shirts are a different matter.)

I just updated my bio to provide a little more credibility to my comments, eventhough I am currently stuck up here in the 'wilds of Canada'. The highlights: attended world class art & design school in LA & NYC, Fashion Design (Anne Klein - NYC), Interior Design, Film Industry Depts: Art, Costume, Set Dec & Props.

icon_rolleyes.gif

Originally Posted by girl_geek However I almost laughed at the trying on different sizes thing... yes I do try on different sizes because different brands fit differently, if you look in my closet my pants range in size from 2 to 5! But for pants, there is always one (or more often zero!) size that is not so big it falls off of me, and not so tight that I can't breathe! So there is never a choice for me about what size fits best! (Although sometimes shirts are a different matter.) I can relate to trouble finding clothes... it is definitely a 'find' when I get what I want that fits straight off the rack. Fortunately, my fashion education includes sewing and pattern making, so sometimes I see that w/ a slight alteration that things will work, but can be a pain to take apart half the garment just to get it to fit right.
Another tip on the basic look of a garment is that sometimes things just need to be properly pressed to improve their look.

biggrin.gif

Latest posts

Back