How To Have A Flat Tummy

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am a mother of two lovely kids..Post-delivery I have developed flabby and a very untidy tummy with stretch marks. I have lost my beautiful flat tummy which I envy. Cany anyone adv of any simple easy exercises which can help my tummy to get back in its original shape. Since my teens I have not exercised seriously.....just may be once in 6 months..hence body not flexible. If any exercises please show me pictures please otherwise it will be difficult to understand. Also suggest a good time when I can exercise..i m a working lady.

Other wise I am very well in control of my shape except my flabby tummy.

Telebrands offered a Silhouette but it is simply useless....money making racket. Thank you.
icon_mad.gif

Hello,

I suggest cardio - to target the unwanted layers on your stomach. Once you lose the layers, you will able to see a more defined, toned stomach. Running on the treadmill or outdoors really targets the lower abdominals.

cardio really does work! Now if only I could get my own ass up to do it too!!!!..lol
icon_lol.gif
Seriously though, what might help you is if you join a group that runs in your area. Or if you have a friend that wants to be in shape with you.

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 You can also try Pilates to help tone your stomach muscles... I love it.
wink.gif
Wow I don't know how you do it. I'm way too uncoordinated!!

Cardio REALLY does work. I am doing Volleyball for 5 days now and its from 11:30 until 2 and I have been playing for three years in a row now and everytime I play, I feel lighter and happier that I feel this way. I may not have lost weight but feel a lot lighter. We do sprints, jogging ten laps around the gym, Side shuffles,lots of stretching, and more running,and the running helps loads! So I highly recommend lots of running! Or, if you dont have time and have to watch your kids(if they are young) then have fun and run around with them at the park or somewhere else. Hope this helped!

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 You can also try Pilates to help tone your stomach muscles... I love it.
wink.gif
Yeah...It might just be in my head but when I do pilates i can feel a slight difference the next day! It's great and it helps target the area...give it a shot.

my trainer tells me that good old fashion crunches is the way to get a lean waistline. patience is the key as well. good luck!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Unfortunatley I had to give up the personal trainer....over $150 month. I guess my priorities are out of whack b/c I have nothing to show for not having a PT. No slim waistline, no magnificent purchases!!

I really can't do these crunches thing.. No matter how hard I try to do it correctly, still, I get neck pains. I tried using Firm Abs and cross trained with other Firm Workouts, so far Im getting results.

I vote for Cardio and Pilates.

The crunches didn't really work for me.

I also do dance and yoga on every other day at home, to stay flat and fit.

Good luck, Priti!

Pilates is definately the way to go... I personally love the windsor pilates tapes that you can do at home. You can really feel it working within five mintues of doing it and you feel so good after you're done!!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Definitely cardio, be it jumping rope, running, jumping jacks, running up and down stairs, walking, whatever it is just get active and watch what you eat. It's really the only sure way to get rid of your mid-section. Good luck!

Leta, you may not have lost weight, but you probably developed muscle, which weighs more than fat, so you won't see a difference on the scale. All that activity sounds like fun. Good for you. Keep up the good work.
smile.gif

Priti - Check this out, I enjoyed browsing this site, so I thought you might get something from here also.

http://www.abs-exercise-advice.com/index.html

Best time to exercise:

Do your exercise first thing in the morning. Some of the reasons are: When you exercise early in the morning, it jump starts your metabolism and keeps it elevated for hours, you'll be energized for the day, it is also the only way to assure that something else won't crowd exercise out of our schedule. When our days get hectic, exercise usually takes a back seat!

Cardio, at least 30 minutes 5 times a week. Stay away from flour and eat yogourt everyday.

PS. Some of the "flab" may just be skin not actual fat.

Hi, Pilates is great - but you do need to do Cardio, try sprints.. 30secs. rest for 4mins - do that 4 times, it equals an hour of running. Also a good ab workout it Core Secrets
claps.gif
I just got it last week and :icon_love :icon_love :icon_love it!!!!

I find Pilates and general exercise to be very helpful. I do kickboxing (tae bo).

Here's some second-hand advice. Two of my friends who recently had children joined a chain club called Curves. It's for women only and offers a half-hour supervised workout with weights and cardio for a relatively low price -- in the $30 range I think. I personally like more high intensity workouts but both my friends have really seen great results with Curves and say it really fits in their busy schedules. Good luck! Kim

Originally Posted by PRITI I am a mother of two lovely kids..Post-delivery I have developed flabby and a very untidy tummy with stretch marks. I have lost my beautiful flat tummy which I envy. Cany anyone adv of any simple easy exercises which can help my tummy to get back in its original shape. Since my teens I have not exercised seriously.....just may be once in 6 months..hence body not flexible. If any exercises please show me pictures please otherwise it will be difficult to understand. Also suggest a good time when I can exercise..i m a working lady. Other wise I am very well in control of my shape except my flabby tummy.

Telebrands offered a Silhouette but it is simply useless....money making racket. Thank you.
icon_mad.gif

Latest posts

Back