How to Make Bath Bombs

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score

Things You'll Need

• 2 T citric acid
  • 2 T cornstarch
  • 1/4 C baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp fragrance oil
  • 3-6 drops food color
  • 3 T vegetable oil
  • Mixing Bowl
  • Waxed Paper
  • Small Cup or Bowl
Method 1
  1. Mix all dry ingredients listed in Things You'll Need (citric acid, cornstarch, baking soda) in a bowl.
  2. Mix some vegetable oil, fragrance and coloring together in a different bowl or cup.
  3. Slowly pour the oil mixture into the dry ingredients. Mix well.
  4. Create the ball shapes. When all ingredients are well mixed, roll the mixture into 1" balls, and set them on waxed paper to dry.
  5. Allow to harden. The bath balls/bombs will be semi-hard within 2-3 hours, but require a full 24 to 48 hours before they're fully dry and ready for storage.
  6. Store bath balls/bombs in a sealed container, away from moisture.
  7. Add a few to the bath and enjoy! For gift giving, the balls/bombs may be placed in individual candy cups. Or wrap in cellophane with a satin ribbon for a more sensuous look.
Method 2
  1. First, mix together some citric acid and baking soda. mix them together really well.
  2. Add a colouring of your choice.
  3. If you want it to be fragranced, add whichever fragrance you want. For example, you could make a purple bath bomb with a lavender scent.
  4. Put your mixture into circular moulds.
  5. After a few minutes take the bath bombs out and leave them to dry. This usually takes 3 or 4 hours.
  6. Then your bath bombs will be finished and ready to use!
Tips
  • Either fragrance and/or coloring is optional.
  • Suggested vegetable oils include coconut oil, avocado oil, apricot kernel oil, sweet almond oil, or olive oil, although any emollient oil is good!
  • Use small molds to make three-dimensional fizzy bath shapes.
How to Make Bath Bombs - wikiHow

I love making bath bombs. I do them 2:1 Bicarb Soda to Citric Acid though. The corn starch isn't really necessary, it's just a filler and can weigh the bombs down.

I like grating in some cocoa butter too, that's lovely.

wow...this is cool tips...

btw, what is citric acid??and where can you get it?

Latest posts

Back