How to make cheeks and face glow

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My face always looks so matte with makeup. I wear EL Double Wear and then a very light coat of Mac loose powder. I do use blush but its also so matte. What can I put on my face after my foundation to make my cheeks and face glow and look dewy?

MAC Strobe Cream! You think MAC was paying me to say this but I love it. There are also some other products that I use: MAC Mineral Skinfinishes in Shimpagne or New Vegas or Benefit's High Beam.

Originally Posted by Marisol MAC Strobe Cream! You think MAC was paying me to say this but I love it. There are also some other products that I use: MAC Mineral Skinfinishes in Shimpagne or New Vegas or Benefit's High Beam. How do I apply this and when do I apply it? Can I put it on after foundation?

You could use a little highlighter on the top of your cheeks in a powder texture!

Originally Posted by greeneyedangel My face always looks so matte with makeup. I wear EL Double Wear and then a very light coat of Mac loose powder. I do use blush but its also so matte. What can I put on my face after my foundation to make my cheeks and face glow and look dewy?

Originally Posted by greeneyedangel How do I apply this and when do I apply it? Can I put it on after foundation? Strobe Cream - I use it as a moisturizer. You could also dab a little bit off it after you put your foundation on.
MSF & High Beam - after your foundation. MSF are a powder so you can use a blush brush to apply some on. High Beam is a cream product and you can dot it on your cheeks and then blend.

Thanks I will look into those. This site is killing my wallet! I want everything!

Thanks
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I find that my face has a glow until I add the loose powder. Then its totally matte. Is loose powder a must? Does everyone here use it?

Also, Trisha what shimmer creme do you add to your foundation?

ditto on the skinfinishes. shimmer blushes are great and MAC hyper real foundation applied with the 187 brush is great. you can look at some pictures from Arielle's fotd Here. you don't have to use loose powder b/c it supposed to give a matte finish and rid your face of the shiny oily look.
icon_smile.gif

I agree with the other girls here that shimmer products are the way to go. Because I have acne prone skin and a few acne scars, I don't like to mix a shimmer product in with my foundation. I like to highlight after foundation with either a cream highlighter (like Benefit High Beam or Moon Beam) or a powder highlighter (like MAC Mineralize Skin Finishes or WnW All Over Shimmer or Acapulco Glow Bronzer). I usually just highlight my cheekbones and bridge of nose. HTHS!!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Trisha i add Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector (which is kinda like a shimmery Tinted Moisturiser) and i use Becca Loose powder to set, if i add shimmer powder, its my last step after loose powder (which i think is a necessity for initially setting your MU).
thats why i like to mix the shimmer with my fndt so its an all over glow xx

Does the Becca shimmer come in different shades or is it a "1 bottle fits all" type thing?

Originally Posted by FeistyFemme I agree with the other girls here that shimmer products are the way to go. Because I have acne prone skin and a few acne scars, I don't like to mix a shimmer product in with my foundation. I like to highlight after foundation with either a cream highlighter (like Benefit High Beam or Moon Beam) or a powder highlighter (like MAC Mineralize Skin Finishes or WnW All Over Shimmer or Acapulco Glow Bronzer). I usually just highlight my cheekbones and bridge of nose. HTHS!!
smile.gif
Do you put this highlight on right after foundation? Do you put a loose/pressed powder on first?

Originally Posted by greeneyedangel Do you put this highlight on right after foundation? Do you put a loose/pressed powder on first? If I wear a powder foundation, I put it on right after it. If I'm using a liquid, I set it first with powder, and then apply my highlighter. HTHS!

I'm sure the shimmers would work well, but you could also try using a dewy finish foundation rather than matte finish. I'm currently love Shiseido Hydro-Liquid compact foundation which gives a dewy finish. I never thought I could pull off a dewy finish foundation with my oily skin but it's working!

Originally Posted by FeistyFemme I agree with the other girls here that shimmer products are the way to go. Because I have acne prone skin and a few acne scars, I don't like to mix a shimmer product in with my foundation. I like to highlight after foundation with either a cream highlighter (like Benefit High Beam or Moon Beam) or a powder highlighter (like MAC Mineralize Skin Finishes or WnW All Over Shimmer or Acapulco Glow Bronzer). I usually just highlight my cheekbones and bridge of nose. HTHS!!
smile.gif
I've always been afraid that the liquid/cream highlighters would break me out. You've had no bad experiences with them?

Originally Posted by spazbaby I've always been afraid that the liquid/cream highlighters would break me out. You've had no bad experiences with them? Honestly I haven't had a bad experience with them, though granted I do not use them everyday. It's more like every once in awhile. Sometimes I feel like using too much shimmer not only draws attention to things I want conceal, but for some reason I think it might clog my pores? I think it's okay for an every now and again thing, but I don't think I would wear cream/liquid highlighters everday. HTHS!!

For glowing skin, try Chanel's "Brilliance Pur" liquid. There are two shades: Bronzelit (darker bronze) and Sun Kissed (lighter shimmery bronze). Blend on your cheekbones, temples, nose, and jawline with a foundation brush for a dewy, sun kissed face.

has anyone tried clarins beauty flash balm? ive been using for ages and it gives a nice glow to skin. i put on my usual moisturizer and then after a couple of mins i apply beauty flash balm(thin layer, not too thick) all over my face. i then wait for 1 minute before i put on my foundation and the powder. Marisol, i was wondering if you can apply mac strobe cream over usual moisturizer or would you use it in replace of it.

Originally Posted by shaztaf2003 has anyone tried clarins beauty flash balm? ive been using for ages and it gives a nice glow to skin. i put on my usual moisturizer and then after a couple of mins i apply beauty flash balm(thin layer, not too thick) all over my face. i then wait for 1 minute before i put on my foundation and the powder. Marisol, i was wondering if you can apply mac strobe cream over usual moisturizer or would you use it in replace of it. I love the Decleor version. It keeps my MU in place all day and also gives a slight tightening effect.

As for 'glowy' products, i like:

* Prescriptives Magic Illuminating liquid. It makes me look healthy and glowy!!

* Shu Uemura Blush Gold 93 or 94D. It's a gold powder that is great for warmer skin tones.

Originally Posted by Trisha whats the Decleor version of Flash Balm Bhav?? x
P.S Your stuff has been ordered xx

It's called 'Instant De Beaute' and it works in the same way as the Clarins stuff.
Thanx!!

hi

i use ultima II glowtion after applying my foundation, then my make up on top and the glow really comes through, mind you i just put it on my cheeks, jawline, a little on forhead but not my nose as it can get oily..

Latest posts

Back