How to make my eyes looks biger?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am 27 years old  office lady.

The single-eyelid ,I tried to make up the eyes ,but it looks bad.So I give up.

When I see the big and bright eyes girl I am so envy .

How to make my eyes looks bigger?

Use a highlight on the inner corner, it'll make your eyes look brighter, a dull eye looks sunken in and small

Make sure to use a good concealer for under eye circles.  You can use a peach or white colored eyeliner for the water line, it'll help brighten and make the eye look larger.

Do not rim your eye completely in black, it'll make it smaller looking

Basically what PiggyDog said. Also, stick to light eyeshadow colours as dark ones will make your eyes appear smaller.

Hey, I have a monolid (single eye lid) too. It took me awhile to figure out ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

First, you do NOT have to stay away from dark eyeshadow. It's a common advice given to caucasians with small eyes, but the traditional makeup rules do not apply to Asians the same way. Asians ROCK dark smokey eyes when done right.

That said, if you do not have much experience with applying makeup (especially if you haven't figured out the right way for your eye shape) then stick to lighter neutral shades while you figure things out.

There are three common approaches you can take to make your eyes look bigger

1. "Opening up your eyes"

- Do not rim the entire eye with dark as Piggy said. It 'closes' the eye. Always leave open space, usually in the inner corner and even on the outer corner too

- Do NOT rim your bottom waterline with dark color. It essentially pushes the perceived lash line up, making your eyes look small.

- Highlight (white, shimmer white or pear color would work best) on the outer 1/3 of the bottom waterline, or the inner corner. If you have puffy/fleshy undereye like a lot of Asians have, stay away from highlighting this area.

2. Spacing apart your eyes

- Closer set eyes can make your eyes look smaller. So unless you have wide-set eyes, you want to concentrate most of your shadows/liner in the outer third or two-thirds of the eyes.

- If you have droopy/sad looking eyes (eyes that tilt downwards naturally), then also put some dark in the inner 1/4 of the top eyelid, this will slant them downwards for a slightly 'phoenix eye' look.

3. Rounding your eyes

- Always put more amount of dark on the top than on the bottom

- Concentrating more shadow in the middle of the eye than the outer. This will make your eyes seem really round, and works best for people with very slanted/thin eyes.

- Go with either a higher angled flick (makes eyes look young/perpetually smiling) or no flick at all (makes eyes round).

Also, check out these links, GREAT tips on eye makeup for different Asian eyes:

http://bunbunmakeuptips.com/eye-makeup-tips-for-14-different-types-of-asian-eyes/

http://bunbunmakeuptips.com/eyeshadow-tutorial-for-asian-eyes-part-1-where-to-apply-eyeshadow/

Hope I helped! Remember though everyone's eyes are different and in the end you have to try different things and see what works for YOU. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

http://www.specktra.net/t/58941/make-eyes-longer-smoky-eyes is a good tutorial for single eyelids, but that's probably a little too dramatic for an everyday look.

you want to draw your eyeliner so it's visible, but not suuper noticeable. draw it thicker/extend out as you approach the outer corners of your eyes, but don't wing your eyeliner (if you're not experienced at makeup, it doesn't have the same effect on hooded or single eyelids). I would also follow it closely with a well-pigmented black eyeshadow just to smoke it out a little bit and hide any unevenness. 

if you line the bottom of your eyes, only do it on the outer third, and don't tightline your whole waterline with a dark color (it'll make your eyes look smaller). use a bright pencil liner (like gold,silver, white, etc) on the inner 3rd of your lower lashline, and a shimmery highlighter for the inner thirds of your eyes. if you want to use dark eyeshadows, only do it on the outer third of your eyes, or keep it very close to your eyeliner. hope that helps! you can look on youtube for tutorials. if you send a pic of your eye, I can probably do a diagram or something

I don't have a mono-lid but I do have a hooded lid and it did take me a while to figure out how to place color. I always prep my eye.

I would recommend an eye primer. UD is good, 2Face is good, ELF is good etc. You will probably have to experiment. Keep in mind, with eye primers exspesive does not always mean better. ELF brand is good.

I always do dark from the lash-line up to the crease of the hood, I then work my way up with a couple lighter colours to blend out the line and a bit of liner* and mascara.

How I personally do my eye look and prep:

1)  I conceal/even out the eyelid and let that dry for a minute or so. (I sometimes will skip this if I use a skintone eye primer.)

2)  I then prime and let that set-up.

3) Lastly I use a cream eyeshadow/paint pot or a cream/gel eyeliner (Calvin Klein, MAC, Stila, ELF etc) over my lid from lash-line to the hooded crease (if I use my real crease, the color placement would be too high).  I wait a few seconds and add my first shadow colour (always the darker colour), while the cream shadow is still a bit tacky.

4) I finish off my eye look.

I know the above ^^^^ sounds like a lot of work, but for me, my shadow is locked in place through-out work or a night out on the town.

* Regarding liner: I rarely use liner on my eyes. I personally don't like the look on me BUT what I do is ... use a dark eyeshadow (black or brown) with a flat stiff eyeliner brush and press the shadow into my lash line. For this, I use a pricier shadow because fall out in the eye is no fun.

If all else fails and you feel a bit confused (which I don't blame you, as we all have our own way of doing the make-up thing) I would suggest going into a department store or Sephora, checking out a few different counters and speak to the SA about your concerns/issues. Even if you don't buy anything, hopefully you will get some insight into your eye quest.

Good luck!!

Originally Posted by Angle88GT /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am 27 years old  office lady.

The single-eyelid ,I tried to make up the eyes ,but it looks bad.So I give up.

When I see the big and bright eyes girl I am so envy .

How to make my eyes looks bigger?

Personally i vary with a few thing's and because i wear glasses it makes my eyes slightly smaller.

I use a highlighter colour in my inner eye and white eyeliner and it really brings my eyes out. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Highlight color in the corner of you eye and stay away from eyeliner on the bottom lid (no dark colors)!

I think the cateye eyeliner style really opens up any person's eyes very much

Also, this person emphasized the eyeliner on the outside of her eye, and put very little closer to the tear duct, to open them up.

I actually just did a blog post on this. But basically, curl your lashes, put light shimmery shadow allover your lid and on the inner corner, put eyeliner on the outer 1/3 of your eyelid, and put some white eyeliner on your waterline.

Latest posts

Back