How to practice makeup on different eye types? MUA help

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Liz

Reaction score
I want to practice make up application on different eye types. I'm fine if eyes are regular shaped, but I think I would get stuck when it comes to different eyes, like Asian eyes or they didn't really have a crease in their eye or something.

I played around with my makeup when i visited my family and did my mom and sister's makeup. I didn't realize how hard it was gonna be. My sis has asian type eyes where there isn't much of a lid, and i wasn't sure what to do. so i just did it the way i usually do, but i'm not totally sure if it was right for her. partially because i'm used to seeing her with different mu.

i have the mac face charts printed out so i can practice on those. and i practice makeup on myself. but how else can i practice? i don't know anyone down here, so there isn't anyone for me to practice on. (except for my bf, but he aint goin for that. lol.) that's one of the reasons i want to start off at benefit first then work at mac later when i have more experience. even though i don't really want to work at benefit since i don't really like their products.

any advice?

You'll definitely need to find some guinea pigs to practice on. You can practice all you want on charts, but there's nothing like working on a real face. You'll just need to keep practicing, but even when you think you've got it down you'll probably run into someone who's eyes make you go HUH???

I know once I had this girl who had 2 completely different shaped eyes and I had to make them look somewhat even for a shoot. It was really weird and it took a while, but it's amazing what you can learn to do with makeup.

Originally Posted by envymi You'll definitely need to find some guinea pigs to practice on. You can practice all you want on charts, but there's nothing like working on a real face. You'll just need to keep practicing, but even when you think you've got it down you'll probably run into someone who's eyes make you go HUH???
I know once I had this girl who had 2 completely different shaped eyes and I had to make them look somewhat even for a shoot. It was really weird and it took a while, but it's amazing what you can learn to do with makeup.

Hmmm quite interesting....I have never tried with pigs...LOL i tried on my nieces eyes...theres two different shape...i do it once or twices a week....so i think if you have little cousins or nicess you can try on...cuz kids love makeup
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Trisha You already have the right idea, you need to practice practice practice, just offer to do MU for random people you kinda know, its the only way! x Use that chart i posted on eye shapes as an initial guide! x Trisha's right,practice ,practice away.Maybe some neighbors you have,I know some mom's that will love the idea of just sitting for you,lol.Its really hard to describe to someone how to do something,its easier hands on.Maybe you should do a garagesale or something like that where you can set up a table to work on women,charge like 50 cents or something,this way they do something fun and interesting and you get to practice.Even baby sit for younger girl ,like 8 to12 yrs olds,they would prob love to get any kind of make up on,lol. hope this helps.

You can come and stay with me for a while do my mu
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I wouldn't mind at all
icon_smile.gif

Originally Posted by Liz I want to practice make up application on different eye types. I'm fine if eyes are regular shaped, but I think I would get stuck when it comes to different eyes, like Asian eyes or they didn't really have a crease in their eye or something.
I played around with my makeup when i visited my family and did my mom and sister's makeup. I didn't realize how hard it was gonna be. My sis has asian type eyes where there isn't much of a lid, and i wasn't sure what to do. so i just did it the way i usually do, but i'm not totally sure if it was right for her. partially because i'm used to seeing her with different mu.

i have the mac face charts printed out so i can practice on those. and i practice makeup on myself. but how else can i practice? i don't know anyone down here, so there isn't anyone for me to practice on. (except for my bf, but he aint goin for that. lol.) that's one of the reasons i want to start off at benefit first then work at mac later when i have more experience. even though i don't really want to work at benefit since i don't really like their products.

any advice?

Latest posts

Back